August 2016 Moms

BITCHFEST MONDAY 8/15

lets hear ya out, take it out your chest :smile:

Re: BITCHFEST MONDAY 8/15

• I no longer fit in anything. Its embarrassing and awkward to get dressed for work.
    i literally laughed out loud. You poor thing!!! Do you have any idea when you will have baby?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 39 +1 today, and I went to 40+3 with DD and was induced due to low fluid levels.

I will go in for my appointment on Thursday and plan to do an ultrasound to check fluid levels.  If everything is fine we will talk induction for the 24 or 29.  My Dr. is going out of town the 25-28, and I prefer her to deliver so I will probably choose the 24th.  I just want to go into labor on my own! But I have a really stubborn cervix so I don't see that happening.
  • I just got a text from my MIL-- FIL has Influenza Type A and B. Awesome.   :s
  • @texasmama2014

OMFG. That's awful. Glad baby is still cooking then...
  • @JournoGrl23 same here but i been loosing my mucus plug and asking my mom when she was pregnant with me she lost her mucus plug than came the bloody show right after so crossing my fingers it happens soon but don't really have my hopes high at all 
  • I'm 39 +1 today, and I went to 40+3 with DD and was induced due to low fluid levels.

I will go in for my appointment on Thursday and plan to do an ultrasound to check fluid levels.  If everything is fine we will talk induction for the 24 or 29.  My Dr. is going out of town the 25-28, and I prefer her to deliver so I will probably choose the 24th.  I just want to go into labor on my own! But I have a really stubborn cervix so I don't see that happening.
    Worst case you have baby next week! That's so exciting!!!!!!! Lol the last weeks are the absolute hardest. I'll be thinking of you, I'm glad it's been rainy today. I'm assuming it's been that way where you are too but maybe it hasn't. Even not pregnant the hormones have me so hot constantly!!! The break of constant sun is doing wonders for my house lol
  • I just got a text from my MIL-- FIL has Influenza Type A and B. Awesome.   :s
    In August?  That is crazy early for flu season to be starting!!!
  • I'm SO frustrated with low milk supply.  I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING and I can't keep up to LO, not even close.  I hate pumping.  I'm beginning to question why I'm even still trying...
  • @Nikkoli98  YES! Seriously... He had a flu shot last season... Who gets the flu in f'ing august?!  Plus the whole side of the family (except DH and I and DD) were there yesterday for lunch. So there's a chance it will take out that whole side.  
  • Pretty sure I have a hemorrhoid from the last week of nonstop pooping. It hurts to sit. I don't want to look though. I am such a gross individual currently. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I just asked my soon to be sil for the wedding itinerary, since it's a week after my due date and I need to plan, and they have the ceremony set at 1 but then dinner doesn't start until 6pm.......shoot me now!  We also have to do all the set up that morning. To make matters worse she worded the invitation "reception to follow." Their guests have no idea that they are going to have to come up with things to do for 2.5-3 hours in between the ceremony and cocktail reception.  The entire wedding is a mess (fired her wedding coordinator, who was doing everything, a month before the wedding) and they probably won't be happy but I'm going to tell them not to expect me to be there for much of the reception.  Who plans a late reception, with guests driving 1-2 hours, on a Monday (Labor Day)!?!
  • DHs grandma is currently on my shit list. She hasn't even acknowledged the birth of her great grandson. She has too much pride to call DH after all the drama a few weeks ago and it's pissing me off to no end. DH hasn't said much about it other than he's not calling her because he left things in her court. I know my feelings would be hurt if it was my grandma doing this.
  • Got a call late Friday, ( Yes friday people!), stating my maternity leave papers were not complete. Nevermind the fact that I've been off work since my doc signed me out 7/5, or that they've had the docs since 6/24. First they lost the papers then they say the physician statement is  "incomplete".  The doc wrote supervision of high risk preg/ & history of C as the diagnosis.  They want it written i had swollen feet and that's why I stopped working on 7/5. 

I work for a large city and while my department has approved everything, the city now states my 8wk disability will not kick in until 31 days after birth. He was born 8/4, and prior to this they Forced me to use 160 hrs (1 month) of my own vacation time to qualify for city disability leave. During that time it was understood city disability, either 6 or 8 wks, would kick in 8/2. 

So today DH and I had to tote peanut to the health insurance HQ to try and amend the medical release form. They said, no only doc can do that so you have to make an office appt. 

We left, with me in tears. In public. DH tried his best to just keep me together. I called the health appt line and they said no appt should be able to just have doc fix form and resend through email. That was 6 hrs ago....offices close in an hr and still no further response. 

Sleep deprivation is an overstatement, my payroll has been all screwed up, they want me to cover the hole with more vacation time, are threatening to take 8wks of leave I was already promised for my cesarian.  While I'm stuck at home,  can't drive, and my only mode of communication is via phone. 

WTF people. I followed their policies,  i did the paperwork. I'm not the first person to recently have a baby. Messing with a sleep deprived mom of a wk n 1/2 old is just wrong.
  • @lblu43 holy crap that sounds fricken awful. Who needs that kind of stress postpartum?! I hate people who don't get that. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @Nikkoli98  YES! Seriously... He had a flu shot last season... Who gets the flu in f'ing august?!  Plus the whole side of the family (except DH and I and DD) were there yesterday for lunch. So there's a chance it will take out that whole side.  
    That's a major blessing that you weren't there!  Who needs to be exposed to the flu in the final stretch of pregnancy.  Some people say not to get the flu shot before November 1st so that there is still protection for the spring flu if it's still around - so not surprised that the shot isn't working as late as August.

@Mrsrundell - Thank you!!!

@bananers - I have the same problem with uneven production and now I think I'm starting to get lopsided - Womp Womp Womp.

@midwestbaby - I understand what you mean!  Hope you start to feel better soon as far as getting around and having less pain.  My friend had delivery that sounds similar to yours, I know just the small things were a HUGE struggle.
  • My bitch is at MIL. She's gone on a date with this guy 4 times and has now invited him along to watch DD while we are in our 40 week appointment. I wouldn't normally be upset by this as they are just sitting in the waiting room, but we're going in to see if baby is still breech and if he is schedule our c section. I'm already stressed out about where baby is and have no wish to meet MILs new boyfriend and go out to lunch on my due date and after our most stressful appointment. 

Also I barely trust her with DD and she keeps talking about getting a car seat for this guys car. There is zero chance of her taking DD anywhere with a guy she barely knows and we've met once. (Plus she STILL can't do a car seat after 15 months, she just hands DD to someone else to be strapped in whenever we go anywhere with her). 
  • @JournoGrl23 same here but i been loosing my mucus plug and asking my mom when she was pregnant with me she lost her mucus plug than came the bloody show right after so crossing my fingers it happens soon but don't really have my hopes high at all 
    I hope it happens soon for you! I get contractions when I lay down and period like cramps from time to time but that's it. I haven't lost my mucus plug or anything. I think it's only going to happen when I get induced next week...
  • @Lynnlove28 preach! I've let my mom come over so many more times. But she helps me and has been amazing!!! My in-laws just kind of sit there and take photos of the baby. Meanwhile I'm in pain and just want a nap. Sigh. 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• @AliKay20 I agree... plus we have women past their due date working... so we don't lose time out of what we do get with our new baby .... ugh!
  • @Car0liiine aww, how sweet of him! Idk about you but that's way better than getting a dozen of roses, IMO. Hope you are recovering well!
  • ballofmeatballofmeat member
    edited August 2016
    I've been missing you too! Last night and today is the first time I have really been able to bump more often. I probably should be napping...oh well. @Car0liiine

And what a great DH you have! 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months