Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Sunday

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: (sorry if this is a repeat to anything recent, inn picking up my activity back on this side) what was your first date with SO?

Re: WTO Sunday

• Loading the player...
  • @tripledaggerWed95976 in your pajamas? Do we dare to ask? 
  • *lurking* @PolarBear517 my temp always drops before AF, but starts rising somewhere between CD2-4. You can find more about temping here: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @BertieMeetsGertie yes! We are on vacation CD 12-20. This is cycle 1 off BC for me so no clue if/when I'll enter FW but I figure that window has a fairly good chance of lining up! Something about being in a new place, or a hotel room worrying about being overheard idk ;) we are super busy and usually only have sex about once a week but EoD or ED seems to happen pretty naturally on vacations lol. Here's hoping that's good luck for both of us!
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• @soemthingclever

Wow, that family is a real piece of work. 

I started vitex this cycle after reading this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17211965. This may also be relevant to you given your PCOS: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25524718

I talked to my doctor about it, and she said that things like vitex can be taken without a doctor's supervision IF you are confident keeping track of your fertility yourself (CM and cycle length, for instance) so you go to a doctor if you have any weird side effects -- in other words, if something does go south, you want to notice it. She said things like estrogen and progesterone should not be taken without a doctor's supervision. 

Before you add any supplements, I recommend checking out the NIH's clearinghouse for complementary medicine: https://nccih.nih.gov/ It will help you understand the evidence base (if any) and interactions to watch for. Some supplements can interact with other medicines you take (for instance, NIH notes that vitex should not be taken with some psychiatric medications). I take thyroid medication and I avoid anything that has even a remote possibility of interacting with my thyroid. 

Although I have endometriosis, not PCOS, I did a ton of research on this topic so I'm happy to chat more if you have questions. 

• @mollyandd glad you had fun last night--I love laser tag! Sorry that your friend brought up the baby thing, but I'm glad she understands/is supportive (though don't you think you would avoid asking people questions like that if you have also suffered a loss? you just never know).
    @megzb510 I also don't think I'd be able to give myself a shot! Glad your mom came through for you. ;-) '
    @mrsdee15 FX for your u/s tomorrow--let us know how it goes!
  • Month/Cycle:4/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Temping, PNV, HIO, checking CM

R/R: I'm boring today, nothing much going on.

CS/Q: Not really a question, but more of an observation. I think my thermometer is getting wonky on me, I've had repeat temps at two different times.

GTKY: (sorry if this is a repeat to anything recent, inn picking up my activity back on this side) what was your first date with SO?
    My DH and I always disagree on which date is our first official first date. Back when we were first talking, we made a bet on who would win the world series, Yankees or Diamondbacks. Yankees unfortunately  lost, so I had to take him out to dinner. I really thought it was just a ploy to get me out, but when the check came, he didn't grab it! I almost didn't even bring any cash! To this day I still rag him about it, to which he replies...it was a bet!  
    Me: 33 / DH: 35
    Married: Nov 2006
    DD: Sept 2010
    DS: June 2013
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • @swanbrooner I am mesmerized by your gif, lol, but man I think that would hurt! So. Much. Thrusting.

@soemthingclever Ugh sorry for craptastic family, I feel ya on that. 

@Marley629 Sorry you're not feeling well! Prayers you are healed in time to get jiggy with it!
    Me: 33 / DH: 35
    Married: Nov 2006
    DD: Sept 2010
    DS: June 2013
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • @SnobunnieMel Yay!!!! Good luck with your u/s!

@tripledaggerWed95976 I was waiting for this hangover post after your drunk on margaritas admission last night! Lol! Glad you had a good night! 

@felix08 Don't beat yourself up about it. You deserve to blow off some steam.

@PolarBear517 When you say green tea, are you drinking green tea, or is it a supplement pill?

@adirat They're good people, it's just an annoying thing that happens once a year.   Thanks for the links and the info. I had read that it was okay to take because it doesn't have hormones or anything in it. I think I'm going to start it soon. Thanks, again!

@mrsdee15 "Goldilocks this whole thing" LMAO!!!!

@Megzb510 GL with your IUI tomorrow!
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @soemthingclever My IL are the same. They spoil my husband and dsd rotten and have made a habit of not doing anything for me, or skimping on Christmas gifts for me.  DSD is old enough to notice and asked if it made me feel bad. H and I talked about it and he told his parents to either be equal with gifts or there are no gifts. 
  • @Redpuma119 I'm sorry about your IL. I'm glad you have a DH who will stick up for you. I don't think my IL are being intentionally hateful. I think everyone is not on the same page regarding gifts, and when you're celebrating 3 birthdays at one time, gifts can get expensive for people. So I get it. But it's still dumb and I hate it. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @soemthingclever I had just been drinking green tea, but I haven't been consistent. I love tea and iced or hot black tea was pretty much the only thing I drank other than water and alcohol. I'm trying to cut down altogether b/c of caffeine even though teas tend to have less caffeine than coffee and I don't really drink any other caffeinated beverages. I'm finding that there isn't a huge evidence base behind the green tea thing but since it's replacing a habit I already have I figured it's worth a shot? Maybe eventually sub to decaf teas altogether but... Ugh.... 
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• @PolarBear517 There's actually no correlation with tea and pregnancy or miscarriage issues, just coffee, so no need to worry about getting rid of green tea or switching to decaf if it's something you enjoy! The general recommendations around caffeine are based on coffee -- I've read that big tea-drinking countries like Japan and the UK have no similar concerns. 

• @PolarBear517 I've heard of cutting back on caffeine for pregnancy but only no more than 200 mg a day. Also I think it's because the caffeine gets to the fetus once there is a heartbeat or something, not necessarily a TTC worry. IDK. The Mayo Clinic says green tea has 24-45mg of caffeine per 8oz cup, so you could have 4-8 cups a day. Here's a thorough list of caffeine contents but they aren't super specific. IDK how you would tell which green tea has 24mg vs 45, etc. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20049372
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @SnobunnieMel Yay for being off the bench!

@PolarBear517 I say a burnt key lime pie is better than no key lime pie!

@Marley629 Ugh, tailbone pain is the worst! Hope it improves for you soon!

@CallMeMrsChaos Your concert story triggered a flashback.. Dave Matthews Band, circa 2005, and everyone (drunk college kids) running for the bathrooms when it started to downpour. Needless to say we didn't get to see the rest of the show. And BOO to the jerk yelling political crap. UGH!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Not a thing until AF leaves! Oh wait, PNVs. And temping. Ok, I guess I'm still doing most of it.

R/R: My in laws are moving to within 30 minutes of us by the end of the week. Hold me.

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKY: (sorry if this is a repeat to anything recent, inn picking up my activity back on this side) what was your first date with SO?  I can't remember exactly. It was either dinner at Bob Evans or the time we saw Message in a Bottle. Do you see why I can't remember? It's been ages!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17