Infertility

Introducing Myself (chemical pregnancies mentioned)

Hi!
I'll just jump right in...

I have PCOS with extremely long cycles (we're talking 100+ days without intervention. My longest was closer to 200.) I'm not even sure if you can call them cycles at that length?

My DH and I have been TTC for about 18 months. Our first cycle was the first cycle after BCP, and was annovulatory. After that, DH was tested so we didn't waste clomid cycles and the numbers came back fine. We did several cycles of clomid with my ob-gyn (not my best decision, since there were no ultrasounds) with ovulation only happening 2 of the 6 cycles. At that point, I went to see an RE and she did an HSG and baseline ultrasound. After that, she chose to put my on letrozole. The first cycle there was miscommunication and no ultrasounds, but the next cycle we did baseline and follicle count ultrasounds. I ended up with one mature follicle and we triggered. That cycle was successful, but ended at 4 weeks 5 days with a CP. We were pretty shaken up, so we're more than happy to set the next cycle out when the doctor suggested it. The cycle we sat out was only 24 days long. The following cycle we followed the same plan as the successful cycle. I surged from CD 12-14. I called on CD 12, and they had me come in for a follicle count. There were no mature follicles, so they had me keep my original appointment of CD 16. On CD 16, all of my follicles were six or smaller (they had been 9.) The nurse said they shrunk (as did my stripe) and I wouldn't get pregnant this cycle (the doc was out.) CD 19 confirmed I had ovulated CD 16ish, and I became pregnant. When I called that cycle to schedule a progesterone draw, the nurse again told me I likely wouldn't get pregnant because there were no mature follicles and a draw would be a waste. She also told me we would do one more cycle of letrozole and move to injections since letrozole "didn't work." Although I did get pregnant, I once again experienced a CP. this time at 4 weeks 2 days. I see the doctor tomorrow for confirmation/to discuss a plan. 

The  highest progesterone draw I've ever had was 10, so I'm starting to wonder if I may have some progesterone issues going on. I am curious to see if she does want to reconsider fertility treatment options. 

I'm glad to be here and hope to get to know you all!

Re: Introducing Myself (chemical pregnancies mentioned)

• Hi @IowaLove89,

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.  I had a CP four years ago and am currently going through a MC/CP after IVF.  I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have crazy cycles like that and never be certain that you're ovulating.  I'm glad you're seeing your doctor soon to figure things out.  I hope you get some answers!  Welcome!  I am kind of new too, but have found nothing but wonderful support from these ladies.  Keep us updated on what you find out.

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• @joneser1281 thanks! I'm sorry for what you are going through, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one on this board processing a loss right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @IowaLove89 Hopefully one day soon we'll both be sharing good news together and not losses.  FX!  <3

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET