TTC After a Loss
Options

TGIF check-in! August 12th

What's everyone up to this weekend? Any good plans? 

I have family visiting, so lots of everything that entails...beach, eating, playing etc. I also took work off today, so I have an extra long weekend to enjoy. Today, I'm heading to the beach all alone to finish my book, that's due back at the library tomorrow, "The Summer of Good Intentions".

Also, my sister in law wants to make some of these things called "kindness rocks" and leave them in the little kindness gardens around town. Where I live there are a few places where people leave these rocks with messages on them. You are supposed to take one that has a message you needed to hear and leave another for someone else. Here is a link to an article about the #thekindnessrocksproject   https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2016/08/10/one-rock-few-kind-words-and-movement-born/SQUeAzQyJZFQEOTF63d1tI/story.html?event=event25

I've never actually taken one or left one, but my sister in law saw them when she was here last time and wanted to take part.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Re: TGIF check-in! August 12th

• Options
    @BornReady I read your update in the other thread and am so hopeful for you!

We don't have much planned which is good because we have been super busy the past few weekends. Probably hit up the farmers market Saturday morning and obviously keep watching copious amounts of the Olympics  ;)
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    @bornready that sounds like a really cool thing the Kindness Rocks! I am so jealous you get to go to the beach and read today! That is like my dream day! Also read your update on the other post! FX for you!!

We have something planned nearly every weekend of August, it was the same for July too, summer is just such a busy time between parties and birthdays! We are going to my brother's block party this Saturday and they are calling for rain so we will see how that goes! We are also going to be celebrating my nieces birthday then as well since it is later this month. Sunday just the usual, food shopping, laundry and catching up on anything we need to do. I want to try some make ahead lunch ideas I found on Pinterest. They is homemade ramen cups in mason jars and maybe even the homemade hot pockets if I am feeling ambitious! Like the idea of these because the mason jars I can make ahead for the whole week and the hot pockets well because I love hot pockets but not all the crap they add to them so I will try and make my own! Also great they can be frozen and heated directly up from the freezer!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BornReady that rock garden sounds amazing. Hope you are feeling ok today

I am on call all weekend for Ortho trauma so going to be super busy. My FIL comes in town and we don't get along the greatest so love how that timing worked out. 

Thats about it. Hoping AF holds off until tomorrow so we can start clomid on day 3 instead of 4. I know it's not a big difference but for some reason I care. Lots of brown spotting in my CM so bracing myself for any time now. 

Happy weekend all 

• Options
    @BornReady this is such a cool idea!! I love it- maybe I can start one at my school...

we we are going to a wedding in Virginia this weekend and we are puppy free!!!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    Happy friday ladies! 

@BornReady super jealous of your beach day. The kindness rock thing is so cool, I love it.
    @Taggarab +1 to copious amounts of olympics, I stayed up way too late last night watching swimming and gymnastics but it's so worth it.
    @lilylover27 I hope the rain holds off for your block party. good luck trying out some new recipes. 
    @SnobunnieMel fx AF holds off a little bit for you. 

I don't have too much planned for this weekend other than a birthday lunch Sunday for my sil. It's supposed to be super hot and humid and stormy all weekend so I'll probably hang indoors and in AC. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Hi guys!! We had a super fun but busy/exhausting weekend last weekend and then I did two really late nights this week so I'm looking forward to relaxing tonight and on Sunday. We're breaking up the relaxing with an alumni get together with the girls that I coached and the coaching staff. That should be super fun! 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!

@BornReady that's what the rocks are for! I was wondering! Such a neat idea! And super jealous of a reading day by the beach! Sounds amazing!

@Taggarab I have been addicted to the Olympics since it started!

Hoping for a date day with my DH tomorrow. Lunch and an early movie...but this constant rain and possible flooding might put a damper on that. Sunday we will be spending time with our family...getting closer and closer to our Disney trip!!!

Have a wonderful weekend all!!     
    Me: 34     DH:33
    Married: March 2008
    TTC: Jan 2016
    BFP: 6/9/2016.   MC: 6/20/2016
    TTAL: Aug 2016
  • Options
    @BornReady what lovely plans and that project sounds so neat; I love stuff like that <3 Also FX for you :)

@lilylover27 those recipes sound awesome, I'm obsessed with Pinterest :)

@KarenBeth714 great idea to start one at school. The world needs more kindness <3

AFM, today I will also hopefully finish a book lol I got a BFN this morning so trying to do some nice things for myself. Oh I'll probably make cookies, too, because of our weekend plans: having DH's brother over. He has two brothers but this one is my favourite. They'll eat all the cookies way too fast but meh, that's what food is for ;)
    So I think we're going to the waterfalls that are in walking distance of our place and having a fire at night. DH has been wanting to stay up late for some weird reason so at least he'll have his brother to drink and stay up with since I'm not doing much of either lately lol
    Should be a nice weekend :)
  • Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    edited August 2016
    @BornReady and @rainbowturtles you are making me feel bad about not reading more this summer! I have 3 library books that I keep renewing that I haven't even cracked this summer!

AFM We literally have no plans this weekend. It sounds like the resounding theme for this week's TGIF from most of you ladies.

I thought our pup would need more nursing after getting fixed this week, but he snapped back real quick to his normal self. I need to clean out my closet. I'm trying to convince myself that this should not waste a beautiful sunny summer day inside doing housework, but I worry if I put it off until when the weather gets bad this fall that I will be KU-D again and lacking the stamina to do anything but lie on the couch. Maybe it's a good TWW project after I'm off the bench.

Next weekend is our first anniversary so we are going to an expensive dinner and the Pearl Jam concert so we need to keep expenses down this weekend.
  • Options
    Oh @chloe97 don't feel bad; I've been at this book for over a year possibly haha I'm really trying to get better with reading tho and bought two new books as motivation ;)
  • Options
    @BornReady that sounds like a nice, fun weekend!  I just picked up a new book while I was out today, I love reading.

@lilylover27 yum!! Let me know the hot pockets turn out, I'd love the recipe if they're a success!  DH loves them but we don't buy them since they are so processed.

@chloe97 we saw Pearl Jam years ago and it was an awesome show!

As for me, I kicked off this weekend with a doctors appointment and feel really good about where things are headed.  My sister flies in from Dallas tonight for a little over a week -- her boyfriend comes next week -- so I'll get to spend time with her.  My whole family is headed up north for this huge Cheeseburger festival so that is what I will be doing for the next week or so.  DH and I may come back home for Mon/Tues and then go back up.  

Happy Weekend!!
  • Options
    Hi! Can I just slide in without a major intro? I don't feel really to the point of typing up the story right now. ❤️

We don't have much on tap for this weekend. Our buddies are having a shindig at their house tomorrow night, and I'm not really to the point where I feel up to big social events yet, but we may make a little appearance. And I may have sushi at some point this weekend since I can. ;) Love me some sushi!

And maybe reorganizing my bedroom. I've already redone my kitchen and bathroom during the loss process.

@SnobunnieMel random somewhat related ~ I feel like at some point we may have talked about this at some point on TTGP, but do you work all over the OR? I've thought before I would enjoy the OR if I ever decide not to be in the OB world anymore. 
  • Options
    Welcome @khbear and of course no need to tell us your story until you are ready. Sorry that you are here, but glad that you are joining us!
  • Options
    @khbear you can just slide in. I will vouch for you  ;)

i do work all over the OR. Being in reconstructive plastics I actually spend time in our general OR, CV and neurosurgical wings. I operate probably 60-80 hours a week most weeks. I absolutely love it in there. Clinic is the bane of my existence. I am pretty much in my happy place if I'm in the OR. 
  • Options
    @chloe97 - Thank you ❤️ I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, all things considered.

@SnobunnieMel - I'm a nurse in an LDRP unit, and we are all cross trained to circulate C/S. But I think I would enjoy training to scrub tech in the sections at least. I started out by really not liking being in the OR, but I've adjusted to it and I'm starting to actually enjoy it. It sounds like you've definitely found your calling in surgery. 
  • Options
    Welcome @khbear. Sorry you are joining us. 
    @BornReady - I was in central Oregon last month and found some love rocks. Sounds like a similar idea. It really touched me. I still need to post photos of my rocks to their FB page. This was a trip I booked the day after my MMC was discovered so it felt especially meaningful when I found he rocks. 

I'm going to see Bad moms tonight with some friends. 
    This is weekend my girls have bday parties both days. I need to organize the garage. My sister is having a baby soon (she is due 10 days after my due date) and she wants to borrow a bunch of my stuff. I'm happy to not have it in my garage but I wish I was prepping it for me. It hit me today that I likely would have had a RCS schedules in 10 days. Blah. My older daughter has one more week of summer. I'm so ready for us both to be back on school schedule. I don't start classes again until sept 19 and I kind of wish it was sooner. Being busy helps keep me calm

also- my father in law just started treatment for cancer yesterday so we will be helping his parents out a bit this weekend. Really cheery over here. 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    I've been a little MIA from this board this week because I've been busy but I just wanted to say I  <3 you all and I'm so happy I have this place to check in!

Tomorrow I was supposed to go to a family reunion 70 miles away but I bailed because it's going to be super hot. And I didn't want to drive that far. Idk what DH and I will do in place of it. Probably be lazy and play games!

Sunday DHs mom is supposed to come up. Which I'm not looking forward to. But I'm going to try to be positive about it. We told her about the loss last weekend (with basically no details) and it almost seems now like she's realized she doesn't know what's happening in our lives and is trying to play catch up since she hadn't made any effort to come here at all in months.

I hope you lovelies enjoy your weekends!!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    @khbear Jump on in girl! Sorry you have to join us... But these ladies are wonderful. 

@rainbowturtles That places looks amazing! Is that your dog on a flotation device? If so, I love him/her. What was your book? 
  • Options
    It IS @BornReady lol I'm trying to get the pics from DH's phone but it was basically a "dog taxi" :D She hopped on at one shore and then off at the other haha We also chilled on it on the shore cuz it's super comfy :) I was reading "Radical Acceptance" by Tara Brach. It was mostly very good but near the end I just wanted to finish it lol Excited to start my new book(s)!