April 2016 Moms
Options

No period?

Hi ladies.

So my baby was born in early April. I got a period in the beginning of May, June and July. I am now 8 days late. Does this seem normal?? 

Re: No period?

• Options
    bean_2016bean_2016 member
    edited August 2016
    I am no help here. I had DD on April 16th and no period or sign of a period yet. I Only breastfeed and am on the mini pill not sure if this has anything to do with it or not? 

Edited because I forgot some words. So tired! Lol
  • Options
    DD was born April 3, I EBF and am not on birth control. No sign of a period yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm EPing since April and haven't had a period yet, which is totally normal with breastfeeding.

If you had a period for May, June and July but you're late this month, I'd say take a pregnancy test . 
  • Options
    Can I be pregnant if the last time we were intimate was before my July period?
  • Options
    Can I be pregnant if the last time we were intimate was before my July period?
    The most likely situation would be if your July period was light implantation bleeding and not a true period. If you had a full, normal period approximately 2 weeks after ovulation, assuming a normal cycle, probably not. Also the fertility boards can help at length with this topic :) 
  • Options
    Or you're just not regular. I've had short times between periods (28 days is short for me) and crazy long (45 days) before getting pregnant. That was after being 100% predictable for several months... And then a weird one. Your body may just be trying to get the hang of things. Hormones are crazy. But if in doubt, tests are pretty cheep. ;)
  • Options
    Yes. Definitely pee on a stick.
    Especially if you weren't on any form of BC during your postpartum time.
  • Options
    I am no help here. I had DD on April 16th and no period or sign of a period yet. I Only breastfeed and am on the mini pill not sure if this has anything to do with it or not? 

I had a small period right after baby was born. I EBF and am on the mini pill. Haven't had a period since. It's nice but I was a little worried until you posted this and read it's completely normal for EBF not to have a period! 
  • Options
    bean_2016bean_2016 member
    edited August 2016

I had a small period right after baby was born. I EBF and am on the mini pill. Haven't had a period since. It's nice but I was a little worried until you posted this and read it's completely normal for EBF not to have a period! 
    I have been a little worried too! Good to know it's normal. You just can't win. Worried if you don't get your period or a little irritated when you do lol