September 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who bump in the night

Re: Moms who bump in the night

• Options
    I can't imagine DH ever being woken up by baby crying. He can sleep through anything and sometimes I can't even wake him up by shaking him. Thankfully I'm a light sleeper
  • Options
    Bahaha @toimadness1I can see that happening in my house too. DH is great at tuning out noise if he isnt "on duty" (which he doesn't consider himself with a newborn because I'm the only one that can feed them anyway).

FTMs if you experience this remember it is temporary. It can honestly put a bit of a strain on your marriage along with everything else a newborn brings to the table, but it's a phase and it passes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Feeling angry and just upset in general. Slept GREAT the past two nights. Almost all the way through the night, didn't wake up for long stretches of time at odd hours like I have been doing on the regular.

Then tonight, I'm super tired, I've skipped any naps I could have taken all day today,  get into bed around 9 something very ready to go to sleep. I snuggle down and within 30 minutes the RLS feeling kicks in and my limbs are twitchy, and I'm restless, and UP!  Baby must be feeling it too because he's moving around a ton as well.

I have a feeling tonight's going to be a bad night. It's not even 11, I've already taken my prescribed stuff to help me sleep, and my body won't settle down. Insomnia has BY FAR been the worst symptom this entire pregnancy.

Sorry for the rant - just super frustrated and TIRED and the baby isn't even here yet!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are at my parents house and DD woke up screaming, and my belly broke the side of the pack n play but she screamed when I put her in bed with me. Now we are watching Curious George Christmas. I just want to sleep in. Just once. One day, H will catch on and freaking offer to get up with her instead of sleeping in. One day. 
  • Options
    chavezrd2chavezrd2 member
    edited August 2016
    I'm awake on the sofa recliner with dd asleep next to me. Been bumping and now shopping on Amazon for depends (some of y'all swear on them post partum) and now the baby is awake in my belly moving a ton. I wonder if this means she'll be a night owl too?? Debating turning on tv for Olympics but do I chance waking up dd (4yr old) ... Oh and im hungry but not too eager to get up, ha! Decisions decisions 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am up because of insomnia and now obsessing over all the sanding and painting we did today. We sanded down baby's crib and dresser and painted it, it was an ambitious project and took me about 6 or 7 hours total. Now, the insomnia is keeping my up and my mind is racing thinking I inhaled too much paint while sanding, I should've taken more breaks, I didn't buy non-toxic, baby safe paint, etc. And the judgy Internet isn't helping. Fabulous. I wish I could turn off my brain and sleep!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom did you do it in a well ventilated area or outside? Did you wear a mask? If so, you should totally be fine! I used a mask for a lot of the painting I did. We also tried taking old paint off of the baseboards because the previous owner sucked at painting. It was uncomfortable and hot, but put my mind at ease that I was protecting myself and baby!
  • Options
    @rock1cherry did not wear a mask  :s that's part of what prompted my insomnia freak out.  It was in her room and it is very well ventilated and we added a fan to se safer. I know there wasn't lead in the old paint  (it's a BRU crib from  2011) abd I know I just need to relax and not overthink things... 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  • Options
    Having ventilation is key @AlwaysAuntNeverMom I understand freaking out. At least there isn't lead in the old paint. That I would be more worried about. 
  • Options
    It's 130am. Been up with toddler and severe heartburn since 11pm. I. Can't. Do. This. Anymore

i don't even want to try and go to sleep because I know she will be up again.  

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    Who's up? Toddler woke me up at 2, been up for an hour and a half. Boo. Hiss.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Up and ready for work. Growth ultrasound at four today, feels like an eternity away. We'll find out if he's measuring okay (I am a type 1 diabetic) and hopefully set an induction date. Then rush home and get back to bed.
  • Options
    Note to self: do not watch awesome
    movie with very tasty looking food in it... Just watched Chef on Netflix, my mouth is watering and I want to eat all the things.
  • Options
    KimmySchmidtKimmySchmidt member
    edited August 2016
    @rainsara I'm on the east coast and it's 4 am. Do you get up for work  at 4 am? jfc. You must go to bed before the sun sets.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm up too but only bc I'm at work...there's no way I'd be awake if I was in my own bed. With the lights off. And pillows. Ladies, I'm so ready for some sleep!
  • Options
    3:50 am over here and I'm up after waking up choking on stomach acid. Always a great way to be startled awake. I can't believe some of you are already at work for the day. I'm super impressed that you all start your days this early! 
  • Options
    Dear god. I've been up for three hours eating tums like candy and failing to sleep. 

Is chloroform safe for the baby? This is the only foreseeable way I will sleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    5am here. Been up for about an hour. Baby woke me up trying to punch her way out of me. The last few days she has gotten super strong and I feel her pushing so hard to the left of my belly button. Her butt maybe? Who knows. I just know I'm not sleeping anymore. 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    toimadness1toimadness1 member
    edited August 2016
    @KimmySchmidt No idea but if you try it and it works let us know
  • Options
    LakeR2014LakeR2014 member
    edited August 2016
    It's 5:13 and I've been up since 2.  Sleep total of probably 3 hours and now I have to function at work for the next ten hours?! This is the fourth day in a row...I'm starting to lose my mind! :-/. Pregsomnia can kiss my butt!  Sorry for all else dealing with it too :-( 
  • Options
    It's not really "night" here anymore...but I should still be sleeping nonetheless. If it weren't for this rumbly stomach/acid reflux and a racing mind, I could be getting another two blissful (ok, mildly decent) hours in. But alas, I'm up with the sun today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted to murder my husband in his sleep last night. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    It's 130am. Been up with toddler and severe heartburn since 11pm. I. Can't. Do. This. Anymore

i don't even want to try and go to sleep because I know she will be up again.  
    Did you give her the pacifier? :)
  • Options
    @MrsVoorhees yes I did! Even that wasn't working. I need to figure something out :( 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    @MrsVoorhees yes I did! Even that wasn't working. I need to figure something out :( 
    Yuck! Come on, Kiddo! That's so miserable, and I'm sure makes you worried about how she will be when Ava is here. Maybe Ava will sleep better! Or they'll wake at the same time, which would suck but at least it wouldn't be all night with one or the other. Blah.
  • Options
    Up still! Have been having contractions on and off but nothing that concerns me. They're annoying and more painful than my typical BH but mild and even went away for a couple hours before coming back now. It seems to me like my BH are getting a tad worse. Baby girl is super active but it's just the pain and insomnia keeping me up. 
  • Options
    I'm here. No good reason for being awake, just laying here like I've already slept 12 hours and I don't need any more. In reality I did sleep about 5, so I guess that's a win?
  • Options
    @drmh22 that's me too, 5 hours down and I feel "refreshed"?! Not quite....but doesn't look like I'll get anymore either..
  • Options
    @jas1982 I've been doing the same. Mine is less that I feel the need and more that I figure if I'm going to be up for hours anyway, I may as well accomplish something.
  • Options
    1:15 and been staring at the ceiling for over an hour... Oh allusive sleep where are you? 

@jas1982 maybe laundry is a good idea. I definitely have more than enough to do. 
  • Options
    This whole restless leg thing is out of control! I'm so tired, but can't sleep. You ladies with toddlers are super stars! I'm pretty much useless at this point... 
  • Options
    It's quarter after 2.  I've been up since 1230am.  Can't get back to sleep and volcano heartburn is not helping.  Also, I'm so gassy.  WTH?  Every time I roll over its a burp or a fart.  The burps are so loud and actually wake me up!  I only managed to eat lactose free yogurt and fruit for dinner so not understanding the gas / heartburn.  Yuck.  I feel like such a disgusting human being right now.  
  • Options
    I almost got to sleep at a good time tonight when the cat decided to jump on me. She's since been shut out of the room!
    Since I can't sleep I've been lurking other boards. Man Octobers UO was a great read this week and seems like a super interesting group of women. 
  • Options
    I should have posted in the middle of the night last night. I had the worst nights rest ever. My fault as I knew eating ice cream after 10pm would give me heartburn but I did it anyways. It was awful and now I'm completely exhausted. Well at least it's Friday!?