Secondary IF
Options

Intro/ My story

Hello, my name is Katie and I am dealing with secondary infertility. I am 26 years old and my husband is 25. I'm not sure if I am on the right board or not because my first baby passed away. Most people consider it secondary infertility if you already have a child and are trying to conceive a sibling, so I don't really know where I fit. I was 25 weeks along when I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl. She lived 5 days and seemed to be doing very well, when the Dr's discovered she had severe hemmoraghing in both sides of her brain. We lost her that same evening. We wanted to try again right away, but knew that my body and emotions needed some time to heal, After 4 months we started ttc.

My cycle was irregular for quite some time, and I had to start taking progesterone to regulate it. A few months later I learned I wasn't ovulating, so I then began taking Clomid while still being on progesterone. Finally my cycles evened out and I was no longer able to take clomid because I had already been taking it for 6 months. I have had blood work done, ultrasounds taken, and actively been ttc for a year and a half now. I am supposed to go this month to get the HSG test done to make sure I have no blockage or scar tissue in my tubes. Also, we are going to get my husband tested. My dr said she doesn't know why I can't get pregnant, and doesn't see why we are having trouble when we have already gotten pregnant once naturally. Which is a good thing that there is not a huge problem, but also scary because I don't know what to do. We cant financially move to doing an IUI which is what my dr. suggested. So for now we are getting as many tests done as possible and just waiting, and praying. 

I'm sorry for the long intro, and I don't even know if this is where I should be... But after trying for 1 1/2 years and watching everyone around me get pregnant, I can't go on feeling alone anymore. I know I'm not the only person that feels their situation will never change. Thank you for listening.

Re: Intro/ My story

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss. 

Technically, this board is for those that are pursuing fertility treatments already, but most of us have gone through the testing you are working on now and can be the support you may need, so stick around. The board is kind of quiet right now, so don't get discouraged, just chime in.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you find this board helpful.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss
    image image
  • Options