July 2015 Moms
Options

Still Breastfeeding?

AKOL0AKOL0 member
edited August 2016 in July 2015 Moms
I want to know who all is still Breastfeeding. So here is a poll. 

Still Breastfeeding? 38 votes

Still BF
47% 18 votes
Currently Weaning
15% 6 votes
Stopped recently
5% 2 votes
Stopped a long time ago
28% 11 votes
Never BF
2% 1 vote

Re: Still Breastfeeding?

• Options
    Currently weaning *kind of! She still nurses before bed, sometimes middle of night, and morning, then maybe once during the day. I'm just letting her lead, she loves cows milk and all things dairy and she's more interested in exploring than nursing. I work part time so I'm still pumping those days and she has that when I am gone but again only maybe once when I am not home.

I will say, before having a baby I thought at 6 months I'd be over it, nope that didn't happen...then I thought maybe at a year, nope still, I leave it up to her! I don't mind at all and it's just so freakin easy!
  • Options
    My doctor told me that since I am still breastfeeding, I need to only feed her 3 times a day and try to give her as much dairy as possible. She said that after a year, breasts stop making as much dairy. I don't know though. So I feed her when she wakes up, an hour before supper, and before bed. Our well water is dirty so I can't do dishes to give her a cup of milk. For actually dairy products, I give her cereal in a paper bowl, yogurt, cheese, and occasional ice cream lol. I tried cottage cheese but she didn't like it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    edited August 2016
    AKOL0 said:
    My doctor told me that since I am still breastfeeding, I need to only feed her 3 times a day and try to give her as much dairy as possible. She said that after a year, breasts stop making as much dairy. I don't know though. So I feed her when she wakes up, an hour before supper, and before bed. Our well water is dirty so I can't do dishes to give her a cup of milk. For actually dairy products, I give her cereal in a paper bowl, yogurt, cheese, and occasional ice cream lol. I tried cottage cheese but she didn't like it. 
    Hey mama I read lots of articles regarding this and La Leche league says there's a lot of benefits for breastfeeding your baby after 1 year. My doctor said I could nurse on demand and that there's great benefits mama so I would go ahead and nurse as much as she wants. Try consulting with another doctor if you can or definitely look up articles but I'm more than sure that you can nurse as much as your baby girl needs! 
  • Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    edited August 2016
    I found this article that was very helpful to me and full of information about breastfeeding for more than a year, hope it's helpful! :) https://kellymom.com/ages/older-infant/ebf-benefits/
  • Options
    I forgot to add that she had a drop in weight. She said to Bf less so she'd get more real food.