September 2016 Moms

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• @SLou24 yuck I did see that. How gross.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @PSUBecky23 i use rubbing alcohol all the time on our Microfiber couch and it works amazingly!! I seriously keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol on the mantle because of how often i have to use it with a toddler and two dogs (oh-and because I spill...everything). Test a spot in the back and let it dry for a day or two before taking a dry bathtub brush and brushing over all of it. 
  • RG1RG1 member
    @PoodleDoodleOoo Good job Mr PoodleDoodleOoo!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mom2adoodle we had a snuza with ds and I thought it was worth it.  There were a couple times that it fell off and the alarm went off, but i would rather have 1000 false alarms than miss the one time it wasn't a false alarm.  
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• abbersonabberson member
    edited August 2016
    @mom2adoodle no experience with monitors, but lots of experience worrying that she's still breathing. Multiple times a night / every night at first! Even now, at 3.5yo, I still slip a hand on her chest occasionally to reassure myself. It's a totally normal thing to worry about, NICU or not, don't beat yourself up over it. Congrats on night 1 at home! And yay for mom help! ETA: a NICU stay probably would have made me want a monitor though, hope experienced moms have insight!

I haven't chimed in yet, but @UnwritteN12 and @frogdog06 your babies are gorgeous! Congrats on your beautiful families!
  • @mom2adoodle as a previous NICU mama I bought the Owlet.  Super pricey but worth it for my anxiety.  Can you return the snuza and put that money toward the Owlet?  I've read that the Owlet doesn't give the same alarm for things like connection issues, poor fit, etc. (just plays a little song) and only truly alarms if there is an issue with heart rate or oxygen.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PoodleDoodleOoo
    Yes well our plan was two kids but after this pregnancy we will wind up with three. So I am defiantly done. My Ob will be doing a tubal immediately following my c-section. 
  • @SLou24 I haven't seen or heard about that story but I'm seriously hoping that it's faked for their 15 minutes since other ick-factor stories (sex and babies with students anyone?) don't seem to have the same sensationalism that it used to...I'm really hoping that's all it is...

@frogdog06 congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!  Loving that side eye!
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats on your beautiful baby girl @frogdog06!!
  • @Trgree1712 - Also, I realized in hindsight that my comment might have come off as "you don't really know when you're done" and that was 100% NOT my intention. I just realized when reading your first comment how quickly I flipped my mind on solidly wanting only two to suddenly wanting more than two since I've been pregnant. 

Of course you know when you're done and when your family is complete and I'm not questioning that or suggesting otherwise! Just questioning whether or not I know that about my own family... Sorry, if I misspoke!!
  • Baby is moving just enough for me to not be totally freaked out. Also, some body part of his/hers is putting my right hip in excruciating pain. Ughhh
  • BibliobebeBibliobebe member
    edited August 2016
    Anyone else having Dr. Who withdrawals?  Season 9 is on Amazon to purchase but hasn't been added to Prime with the others. I'm twitching so bad over not having been able to watch any of the newer episodes that I feel like it's almost worth the $25 to buy the digital season.

Had my check up today. Baby boy was measuring 3 days AHEAD in the U/S on Monday but is measuring an entire week behind in fundal measurements I got today. Midwife told me not to worry, and suspects I'll have a small baby. I wasn't sure how to feel about her prediction, but as long as he's within healthy weight range, I guess I shouldn't care. But why does part of me feel like I'm not giving him enough nutrients if he isn't a total chunk?!

My Medela pump came in today (they sent it super fast, it only took 2 days to get here) and I'm actually excited! I know I'll probably hate that thing with a fiery passion later but right now it's like having a new toy that represents impending mommyhood.

NEED MORE BABY PICTURES! I'm so happy for all you ladies who've already welcomed your LOs and I look forward to seeing more Birth Announcements over the next month and a half!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • fireflygirl12fireflygirl12 member
    edited August 2016
    I've been having contractions every 5-7min for TEN HOURS. I got like an hour of sleep last night and now I'm a total zombie with like 9million meetings today. I wish they would either start getting closer together or stop completely, enough of this grey area. And I just got my results back that I'm GBS+, so I'm supposed to be at the hospital 4hrs before delivery, which has never happened, not even with my first!
  • I keep going back and forth between the snuza and owlet @mom2adoodle. We cloth diaper and I haven't found reviews yet on how well that works with Snuza.
  • RG1RG1 member
    @bibliobebe I'm the opposite. My boy has been consistently measuring half a week behind in growth scans and I'm happy about it! I want a little wee one to push out! It sounds like your baby is pretty well on track. Remember, for there to be an average, some babies have to be on the lower side ;) it's great he's only a few days behind and not a few weeks. I hope that can ease your mind :) I'd say he's still getting all the nutrition he needs!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • jas1982jas1982 member
    edited August 2016
    @Bibliobebe I've been totally obsessed with Doctor Who since I was a kid. I have seen season 9 but I was so upset when they said no new eps at all in 2016 (except presumably the Christmas special). Damn BBC. I really did enjoy  season 9, I hope you do too whenever you get to watch it!

Re: snuza/ owlet, in our infant CPR class the instructor said something about how these monitors were not recommended by some big medical hoo-hahs, partially because false positives would make you crazy... my husband was like, "Oh that settles that, I guess we won't get one."  I was like Oh no MF, I'm already crazy. We are getting an owlet so I can sleep. I said the same thing as @mamadomino , would rather have one hundred false positives than miss one real positive. Also I just really think it will cut down on my FTM staring at the baby insanity, FWIW from someone with no experience at all.

@fireflygirl12 I hope your babe makes a decision! Aren't you about 37 weeks? That's exactly when I would like to be getting this baby out. I'm a little jly.

Edited because I forgot a word. Brain not function sleep well without.
  • @fireflygirl12 @Bibliobebe - I was thinking the same thing. "Why is she hanging so many curtains? She should really take a break!"  hehe
  • I've been having curtains every 5-7min for TEN HOURS. I got like an hour of sleep last night and now I'm a total zombie with like 9million meetings today. I wish they would either start getting closer together or stop completely, enough of this grey area. And I just got my results back that I'm GBS+, so I'm supposed to be at the hospital 4hrs before delivery, which has never happened, not even with my first!
    :lol: That's a cute typo.  SO MANY CURTAINS! NOT ENOUGH WINDOWS!

We're going to use an Owlet, just because I like the idea of the sock. I also like that if the sock falls OFF then it plays a little melody instead of sounds an alarm, so you're not freaking out everytime baby kicks the monitor off. I haven't looked into the Snuza yet, though, but we're cloth diapering as well so may just stick with the Owlet... Ugh, so many choices.

Darn curtains!! LOL
  • 37w today @jas1982, but honestly, I'm not ready for her to come yet!!
  • @AnnaS930 so nice! Hope it was a fun shower :smile:

I feel famished all the time now... I literally can't stop eating. Give me all the food!
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • @AnnaS930 That was sweet of your co-worker, and makes me like her slightly. Hope it was a fun double shower, and glad your second little guy got some love, too!

• @Themaritimemama I'm down for dishing on a BIP thread...  I'm not 100% in love with this season thus far but there's potential (and more to come, I hope)!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm making the menu for my baby shower on Saturday and I need some input, My aunt went and invited the entire family so my 8 person party is now a 25 person party.
    I am on a strict budget and only planned on spending like 100$

Anyway I was thinking of serving chicken salad sandwiches, a fruit salad and a veggie tray.
    I made a cookie tray and my aunt is bringing the cake.

Is that enough do you think? 
    Should I have more than one sandwich option? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LakeR2014 said:
    I can't remember who/when/where it was mentioned - but to whoever asked if you could get kicks in the butt from your LO - Yes.  Yes you can.   I have no idea what LO is doing, but for the last half hour i've been getting the normal pelvic movement/pain followed with a good kick to the inside hinney.  It is in no way pleasant.  Obviously this means my LO is already practicing their acrobatics for when they try-out for the Olympic gymnastic team.
    It was me!!!!! Still happens too
  • Side note-- I'm not throwing my own shower, my mom is doing this but she needed help planning and stuff I don't mind stepping in.

Pregnancy Ticker