September 2015 Moms
Options

Vent

it's 2:45am. I've been up since 3:30am yesterday when we left to drive 6 hours for a vacation with two other couples and their kids. My daughter hates sleeping in PNP. I got her down at 9pm and she woke up screaming at 12am. I rocked her back down twice but as soon as I tried putting her down she'd wail. We're sharing condo with other families so screaming loudly isn't an option. I tried letting her settle self and cry in crib but that didn't work. She's been wide awake ever since and I've almost passed out multiple times out of pure exhaustion. I feel myself getting angry even though I know she can't help it. I know it's the lack of sleep. My husband drove so I'm trying to let him sleep. I'm so fcking tired right now!!!!  Thanks for letting me vent. 

Re: Vent

• Options
    Sleep deprivation is no joke. It wasn't until I had a baby that a fully understood why it's used as a torture technique. 

Hopefully she'll adjust. Good luck
  • Options
    Does she sleep in the car? Maybe your husband can drive around with her until she falls asleep and then sit somewhere for a bit while you take a nap. Or does she fall asleep in the stroller during walks? Hope you can find something that works! Sleep deprivation, especially on vacation, is no fun :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Could it be the change of surroundings?
     Wake that hubby of yours up, mama's need their rest too. :)

Hope things improve, and you manage to enjoy your holiday. 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!! Good news is my LO slept the whole night on the second night! I thought we were going to be good rest of trip. The bad news.. 3 of the children came wit colds and now my LO is sick :( It's breaking my heart.. I'm up rocking her again because she's waking up coughing and congested. I don't have humidifier and can't prop PNP like I do with her crib when sick. Just focusing on getting through tonight and then will figure out the rest! Thanks for the support!! 
  • Options
    You're doing exactly the right thing by just taking it day by day.  It's so hard when they don't sleep.  Hope she feels better soon!

I know this doesn't help your current situation but wanted to share--with both our 4th and 5th kids, we started putting them to bed in the PNP from day 1 so that any time we'd travel somewhere, they'd be used to it.  We've never even had a traditional crib since we thought we were done having kids after #3.  We travel to the midwest at least once or twice a year to visit family, and do other trips, too, and it really helps when they have that comfort and can just go right to sleep.  Just in case you feel like doing this for any future kids :)
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]