February 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

I'm not sure how we made it almost all day with no WTFs. So...

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• That is a big WTF.

Mine is WTF Burger King, carl broke the icee machine again. >:(

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is a big WTF.

Mine is WTF Burger King, carl broke the icee machine again. >:(
    Annnnnd now I want onion rings!! :/
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • I had this like tiny blackhead on my cheek and went after it like a tweeker and now I have a HUGE zit on my face.

wtf me. 
  • @kswiger06 I have not seen that, but I think it's about time people start noticing how ridiculous this stuff is!

Also I think it's kind of hilarious your daughter is hiding food under the oven... My nephews always seem to have the reverse problem where they always want to eat the food they dropped on the floor. :tongue:
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • WTF ACNE!! I always get an occasional pimple, but my face looks terrible!! I use some pimple cream in moderation and it seems like as soon as one goes away another shows up! Any suggestions?? I start a new job Monday and this acne has me so self conscious! 
  • @kswiger06 your daughter wins WTF Wednesday. Funny, but ew. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 That made me laugh out loud. Kids are SO WEIRD. And gross. Why do they have to be so gross?

My WTF is the girl at my son's daycare who's been giving me the evil eye for months because my husband and I were 2 minutes late picking up our son a couple months ago. Just the one time. She went from Miss Cheery Sunshine "Hi, guys!" to Lady Death Glare "burn in hell mothafuckers!" because we were 2 minutes late one single time. I felt terrible and showed the appropriate amount of remorse and apologized profusely. But now it's awkward every time I drop him off. WTF, woman? Time to forgive and move on, please. 
    That would make me nervous on how they treat my child. I'm a paranoid freak though.

• @jstringfellow19 where on your face is it? If it's hormonal - chin area is common - (which, obviously, it probably is) there's not much you can do except follow a good routine with whatever products you're comfortable with. I had it so bad with my first that it hurt to open my mouth! I feel for you. Hope it clears up quickly. 
  • Ugh I have the chin acne too. 
  • Feel for you too, @Gingersnap. Of course it was worst in 1st tri when no one knew I was pregnant, too. I've stayed pretty clear this pregnancy and I'm wondering/hoping if I've FINALLY grown out of the acne that has plagued me for most of my 30+ years?!
  • I've got a wtf. 
    My inlaws watched Hillarys America, and MIL repeated a quote from it that had the N-word. 
    Except she said the actual word, in front of the kid. 
    Not cool, MIL, not cool. 
    I was very displeased. 
  • I've got a wtf. 
    My inlaws watched Hillarys America, and MIL repeated a quote from it that had the N-word. 
    Except she said the actual word, in front of the kid. 
    Not cool, MIL, not cool. 
    I was very displeased. 
    Oh my god. 
  • Yeah. I was pissed. 
  • @Gingersnap that's crazy town. I'm waiting for crap like this from my ridiculous in-laws. And dreading having to deal with it. 

@bdesterhouse She doesn't spend much time in my son's class, just a bit at the beginning and end. Plus, she's still sweet to him, even if she's decided his mom is a persona non grata. 
  • Yikes at all these crazy inlaws. As much as I would enjoy having a bigger support system than just Husband and myself, I'm glad I get to skip the crazy. His folks are gone, and mine live far away. So we don't have to deal with a ton of drama, and what drama does unfold is buffered by hundreds of miles. I'm cool with that!
  • edited August 2016
    The N word is so bad you can't even say it.  Does she not know that? 

My WTF is this nausea.  Every night.  I know I'm going to throw up soon.  

Edit: because auto correct, dammit!

• My WTF is that my dry scalp or dandruff(can't tell which it is) seems to be coming back. It's been miraculously gone for YEARS, and then all of the sudden the other day I notice flakes on my shirt.  My husband and I haven't even changed shampoos or anything :s
  • We talked a little about acne in the Symptoms thread I think! As someone who suffered with it from 5th grade (yes 5th) until I was like 19 - you find tricks. Since we cant use any RX topicals or antibiotics or anything I use Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer for acne prone skin and Simple (brand) cleanser (both were recommended by the nurse who used both when she was pregnant). When it gets really bad I scrub with a little baking soda too and maybe dab some apple cider vinegar on for spot treatment. I also have a DIY scrub I use like twice a week - Pinterest "burning acne mask", don't run in terror, and try it! Just stuff you have in your cabinets - nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice, honey. Leave it on for 10-30 mins and it evens skin tone and minimizes acne scars!
  • Just avoid anything with vitamin A in it. I've suffered from acne since puberty (no I was not a lucky one who when they became an adult it dissapeared)  and that is the only thing I've read that could have a negative impact on baby. It specifically said to stay away from accutane. I've been using Mary Kay's natural line and that has been helping me a ton. It's the first thing to get rid of my acne as much as it has in all the years of trying different things. I still get breakouts, but it's now mainly when my hormones shift. 

• @MommaBean yes I guess you could say it is in the chin area. It just sucks. 

@jlellis603 @bdesterhouse Thanks for the tips. I haven't looked at the Symptoms thread in a while. I might jump over there and see if i can find where it was talked about. Last pregnancy my only face problem was extremely oily skin so I used the Cetaphil for oily skin and it worked. I might have to go back to using Cetaphil. 
  • I have a HUGE WTF. I got up at 4am this morning to pee AGAIN....so I just made my way to the bathroom in the dark, without my glasses on, and stepped in dog diarrhea! WTF! So then I was gagging, washing my foot, and cleaning the nasty gross mess at 4 am half asleep, when all I needed was to pee and go back to sleep. Then I get back to bed finally...and can't fall back alseep. Once I do an hour later, and having to wake up at 6am for work....I have some crazy dream that is a cross between a nightmare and a strange as heck dream. When I got up for work, I had the dropsees so bad and made a few messes, and then I got to work and they were SO short staffed from call outs that I am going nuts today. WTF Thursday I guess for me lol  
  • @BeckS13 I have seborrheic dermatitis, which is an auto immune disorder where essentially I have flairs of psoriasis on my scalp. Something that has helped, especially when I can't use steroid treatments during pregnancy, is to melt some coconut oil onto my scalp and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and give myself a little scalp massage prior to shampooing in the shower! It's worth a shot! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My WTF of the day is my 8 month old woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed with a blanket covering her face. She is developmentally delayed and can't even roll yet, and there was not a blanket in her bed when I put her in it.
  • @BeckS13 I have seborrheic dermatitis, which is an auto immune disorder where essentially I have flairs of psoriasis on my scalp. Something that has helped, especially when I can't use steroid treatments during pregnancy, is to melt some coconut oil onto my scalp and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and give myself a little scalp massage prior to shampooing in the shower! It's worth a shot! 
    Has it gotten better since getting pregnant? Mine went away in my last pregnancy!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @BlondePeanut Ack, that's so gross. This is why I sometimes hate my pets. Poor you.
  • @tentacular - Yea I was not a happy camper. Then I told my husband about it when he got up for work, and he says "where? I didn't see anything.." I was like ahhhh b/c i cleaned it up! Would you have left it there, my darling husband? EWWWWWW lol
  • Just avoid anything with vitamin A in it. I've suffered from acne since puberty (no I was not a lucky one who when they became an adult it dissapeared)  and that is the only thing I've read that could have a negative impact on baby. It specifically said to stay away from accutane. I've been using Mary Kay's natural line and that has been helping me a ton. It's the first thing to get rid of my acne as much as it has in all the years of trying different things. I still get breakouts, but it's now mainly when my hormones shift. 
    @bdesterhouse I've been using Mary Kay for years! About 2 years ago, I switched to their natural line which was working well.  But  now in pregnancy, I think even that is too harsh for me.  So just yesterday I picked up Cetaphil.  Hopefully I'll have better results with this.  

• edited August 2016
    @TeacherMom2517 Indians and Pakistanis have been using coconut oil on our heads for generations!! It does wonders! I'm so glad the rest of the world is finally catching on. I just wish it smelled better.  

@BlondePeanut I hope your day gets better!! Try to look on the bright side, tomorrow is FRIYAY!!!!

@Eveinshock that's so funny!! 

@theatrebek oh no!! That's so scary! Did you figure out how it got there??

• I hate coconut but it probably my favorite smell ever. I'm weird though 

• @jlellis603 I do that honey mask too! Love it!

Can I have a WTF Thursday? I spent all day in a training that was 90% review from other time-wasting trainings earlier this year. And the room was really uncomfortably cold. I was cranky pants all day  :s
  • @Starfish113 it was getting worse in the beginning for a little bit and was incredibly frustrating, then it went away for a while and I haven't had it return. I'm still a little flaky but before I would literally have like open sores (TMI) from scratching and scaling. It was such a pain in the butt! 
    Pregnancy Ticker