TTC after 35

Intro: TTC #1, Dorothy is my hero

I posted in the August check in but figured I should properly intro to this board. I'm 36, H is almost 32. I'm active on TTGP but as others have said, it's nice to be among my own people. I also side eye the 25 year olds who lament CD1. Not that I don't sympathize, I do, but I'm less sympathetic when they have a decade before their fertility "dramatically declines" and I'm a year beyond that.

I did RE testing last November and had fibroid surgery in January, for the second time. The first time was 4 years ago because the fibroid was the size of a grapefruit and causing problems I didn't know were problems until it was gone.

We're trying on our own for one more cycle, then my RE said he wants to do medicated IUI to "improve our chances." I'm wary only because the IUI procedure isn't covered by insurance. Meds are, so I don't know how much that would defray the cost. I'd prefer to do it the free way!

And as I said in my title, Dorothy is my hero. I wish I had half the sass she did.

I look forward to the conversations about dentures and epsom salts with you all!
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Intro: TTC #1, Dorothy is my hero

• Welcome! Love the gifs! Let me sing you the song of our people: "Thank you for being a friend...." ;-)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Welcome! I think meds are the spendy part of IUI. My OB says it's only about $200 per IUI without insurance at his office, but he didn't specify if that was medicated or not. (My insurance covers nothing if it's a fertility treatment). I thought that was pretty reasonable. 

I approve of the slight side-eye for the youngsters. I couldn't hack the TTGP board after seeing all the BFPs after 1 month of trying. It got too hard to even lurk there.

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!!  I've always been a fan of Dorothy over the other ladies.  Wishing you the best in TTC!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Sophia also gives great sass

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Lu19Lu19 member
    Welcome! ..."thank you for being a friend" is so stuck in my head now, ha!
  • I feel guilty, too!  But I'm so very jealous of those with time.  But I have to remind myself that there are those who have tons of it, but don't have regular cycles like I do, or whatever other issues, that make them jealous of me.

Still doesn't completely take the bitter taste of out of my mouth.

Welcome officially, @eggplantface!  I'm so glad we're all posting over here :)

Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks