March 2017 Moms

What baby names are on your list?

124»

Re: What baby names are on your list?

• @ihateusernames* I have always thought of Ezra as a boys name! And I love it :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so stuck for boys. Any names you ladies think sound good for sibling of Nicholas? 

• Bok Bagok said:
    My daughters name is Penelope Rose, Penelope because we like it and Rose was my grandmothers name. For this next baby, a boy will be John Henrik. John is my husbands name and Henrik is some hockey player he likes, lol. I like the name and it makes him happy. If it's a girl she'll be named Juliana Morgan, Juliana was my husbands grandmothers name and Morgan is my maidian name :)
    Is it Henrik Zetterburg by chance? If so great pick!
    Lol, yes I'm pretty sure that's him :)
  • I love names. My husband has really strong opinions on names so we always struggle to name our kiddos. DD1 is Lillian Averie, DD2 is Blythe Arabella & DD3 is Heidi Abigail. If we have another girl, we seem to agree on Callie but I love Opal. As far as boys, we have a long list but the top contenders are Maximus and Isaac.
    Btw, I really appreciate the names in this thread. I love picturing all your little ones with the imagined personality associated with those names in my head lol.
  • I'm so stuck for boys. Any names you ladies think sound good for sibling of Nicholas? 

I know someone who named her 2 sons Nicholas and Logan.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sschapman i knew a Benjamin that went by Beau :)
  • @Jparisi926 sibling combinations I've seen and liked with Nicholas: Benjamin, Jeremy, or Zachary.  I like that they're all 3 syllable full names but have plenty of nickname options.  
  • @ihateusernames* Ezra was the name of the old hitman in the show Ray Donovan 
  • My husband and I have wildly different taste in names. For a boy, I pretty much insisted on Dashiell, but we don't have a MN picked. For a girl, we're all over the place. I like unusual girl names (oona, freya, clover) while he is into longer, more traditional feminine names (victoria, natasha, anastasia). No *clue* how we'll end up compromising if it's a girl in there :)
    Me: 30, mild DOR
    Him: 31, totes fine.
    IUI #1: 5 follicles, cycle cancelled :-/
    IUI #2: 1 follicle, BFP, chemical
    IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We rarely talk about this. I think because my DH is going to give in to whatever name I want.  I say a name and he'll either say ok or say no go.  There's nothing he's super enthused about. 

Boy:  Owen Patrick or Carter Joseph are our top choices (Patrick is my DH's middle name, and Joseph is my FIL middle name)
    Girl: Madison Mae is my top choice (Mae is my grandmother's middle name), but I also love Quinn & Peyton for a girl too.  Peyton Mae would be cute.  

I'm sure our names are going to change throughout. I loved reading all the different names.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • I love all your names!  DH and I are super boring when it comes to our name preferences but we come from a long line of family names so we both had things in our minds before we ever got married.

For a boy, Patrick Christopher Jr. (DH's name) going by either Patrick or a nn like Chip, as in 'chip off the old block.  Kinda 50s I know, but I'm digging it.

For a girl, Catherine Ann and use it as a double name.  It's my grandmother's name and both me and my mom have Catherine in our names so it was non-negotiable somewhere in there. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mccolpitts Chip is so cute! I love it
  • @DaniBanani16 Can I just tell you that my husband LOVES Ezekiel, like for real? If I would agree, our kid would be Ezekiel Socrates in. a. heartbeat. 

No offense to any ladies who may dig Ezekiel--just not my jam. 
    Me: 30, mild DOR
    Him: 31, totes fine.
    IUI #1: 5 follicles, cycle cancelled :-/
    IUI #2: 1 follicle, BFP, chemical
    IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DaniBanani16 @UnicornsPlease Ezekial is definitely not my style, but I could REALLY get behind the nickname Zeke.  If it were a family name or something, I could work with that.  
  • anonellis said:
    @DaniBanani16 @UnicornsPlease Ezekial is definitely not my style, but I could REALLY get behind the nickname Zeke.  If it were a family name or something, I could work with that.  
    I'm fairly certain this is literally the only reason he likes the name - for the nickname. Any suggestions of a name that we could shorten to Zeke that ISN'T Ezekiel? 

• I'm fairly certain this is literally the only reason he likes the name - for the nickname. Any suggestions of a name that we could shorten to Zeke that ISN'T Ezekiel? 
    Hezekiah can be shortened to Zeke.  I have a friend whose baby is Hezekiah "Zeke"!  Not sure if you like that better than Ezekiel - I personally like them both :)
  • @AverageAsh haha you can take Orangejello. I'll deal with Lemonjello instead 

But seriously, that one came about because I had a student when I was teaching elementary school in rural Mississippi with that name. Other student's names I also had while teaching: Cafeteria, Hunter Lodge and Fisher Lodge (twins obviously), Le-a (pronounced La dash a. "The dash don't be silent!"), and Batman. 
  • Oh but Batman was only his nickname. His real name was Tykwon Do

• But seriously, that one came about because I had a student when I was teaching elementary school in rural Mississippi with that name. Other student's names I also had while teaching: Cafeteria, Hunter Lodge and Fisher Lodge (twins obviously), Le-a (pronounced La dash a. "The dash don't be silent!"), and Batman. 
    I thought Le-a was an urban legend?!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • @AverageAsh is was my real life problem in 2009...
  • @Bringmemylongswordho I appreciate you taking the time to call out a potentially racial idiom here. I had not taken the time to consider this before. I can promise you that I did in fact have a Le-a in my class in 2009. The child was one of the sweetest kindergarten students I ever had. I never had the experience of someone telling me "The dash don't be silent", but did hear that story and at the time thought it to be "funny". I included it as a funny anecdote, but appreciate the opportunity to have someone point out to me when my intentions (humor) do not meet the impact (racist undertones). Thanks for engaging me in a conversation about racial stereotypes. 
  • @DaniBanani16
    And thank you for responding so well. This name is like the Godwin's law of name threads, and most people get very defensive and hostile when directed to the snopes article. The jello twins are on there as well, along with other names that people sometimes claim to know.  
  • Lyoness said:
    I love Alice for a girl and Easton for a boy, but we'll see. :)
    Yay for another Alice fan! So cute and old/new. Everything family thinks it's too old fashioned, but it is literally what this babe will be called if a girl. I'm already asking my stomach, "Are you THE Alice?"
    BabyFruit Ticker

• But seriously, that one came about because I had a student when I was teaching elementary school in rural Mississippi with that name. Other student's names I also had while teaching: Cafeteria, Hunter Lodge and Fisher Lodge (twins obviously), Le-a (pronounced La dash a. "The dash don't be silent!"), and Batman. 
    I thought Le-a was an urban legend?!
    Urban legends become popularized and then become true....

But often times I get uncomfortable with crazy name stories because it usually ends up being kind of racially tinged with stories about La-a and LaDynasty. (spell the second one all caps and you'll see what I mean.) 

But there are some weird a names out there. My cousin's roommate has a two year old named Abcde. (Ab-say-dee) Inspired by a list of weird/unique kids names found online I'm sure. And there's always the example of neveah these days. (heaven backwards), Blue Ivy, or North West. Some people take unique to the extreme. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have changed my girl name.  I am thinking Aliyah rose instead of Kayla rose now.  
  • We have a longer list of girls name we both liked and agreed on (even tho for some reason we feel it's a boy.) 

Girl:
    Ellie
    Penelope
    Khloe
    Riley 
    Mila
    Sophia

Boy:
    Kaleb ( I like that name DH is not crazy about it )

so far one boys name . 
  • melidiaz said:
    We have a longer list of girls name we both liked and agreed on (even tho for some reason we feel it's a boy.) 

Girl:
    Ellie
    Penelope
    Khloe
    Riley 
    Mila
    Sophia

Boy:
    Kaleb ( I like that name DH is not crazy about it )

so far one boys name . 
    Our girl list is pretty close to the same! Only ons  not on my list are Sophia and Khloe. DH doesn't like most of them though. He's so stubborn lol
  • Crosby and Tamsen Josephine 
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • I've always wanted an Everly Rose for a girl, so I'm pretty sure that's our top runner! (Also with the nickname Evie.) 

i am loving Aria though!! My son is Kit (we are huge game of thrones fans and found the name from Kit Harrington), so I'm nervous people will think we named both our kids after Game of Thrones (bc Arya). Sooo it's out according to my husband :(

I'm stuck on boys names. So far I like Everett, Miles, Sawyer....

i also love the boys name Poe (like...from the new Star Wars) however it is also a teletubby..............

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Dr. Seuss
  • My first child had a name set in stone by 20 weeks... this baby will be lucky to have one as we are leaving the hospital :)

Our daughter is Emilia Ann (Ann is a family name on both sides)

For a girl, I like Clara Lucille (Lucille after my grandmother). DH is not totally convinced, but I think Emilia and Clara go beautifully together. 

For a boy, I literally have no clue. We loved Ethan but feel it's too popular. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ShaunaT25ShaunaT25 member
    edited August 2016
    I had my heart set on Arya Rylee as a girls name since we started ttc a year ago, but in my tiny community there has been an Arya and a Rylee born in the past year.

So for girls I have:
    Bellamy
    Isla
    Tavia
    Sloan
    Imogen 
    Ainsley

Boy:
    Gunnar
    Clinton
    Piers
    Asher
    Deacon
    Carter

DS is a Christmas baby and is named Benjamin Noel. (Benjamin is my mother's maiden name)
  • Scarlett830Scarlett830 member
    edited August 2016
    @aggiejenn37 I love the name Emilia! DS would've been Charlotte Emilia had he been a girl. I'm still pushing for it if this one is, but DH isn't sold anymore.

@justxlaugh Arya/Aria is one of my favorites too. And I love Kit; I'd probably use it as a NN for Christopher.
  • I think we are going to be team green but thinking if its a girl Brynn Lisa Rose. 
    Boy I love Leo or Hudson. BF dislikes both lol. 
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited August 2016
    **Removed at Poster's request**
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited September 2016
    gosh I've been coming up with a "favorite names" list for years.... anyone else feel like girls names are easier to decide on?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 so much! We already have one girl name in mind (middle name may or may not change) but we have had such a hard time agreeing on a boys name. Cooper is on our possible list too but our last name also ends in -er so it'll probably be out as too similar sounding. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker