March 2016 Moms

Increasing milk supply

Due to a few busy weeks at work, I wasn't able to pump as often and now my freezer stash is gone. I worry my pumping output has dropped too. I just can't seem to stay ahead anymore! Any recommendations for increasing milk supply? (I'm going to try to squeeze in extra pumping sessions this week) Any good lactation cookie recipes? 

Re: Increasing milk supply

• Drinking lots of water and eating oatmeal helped me. Also, try to pump more often and longer. 
    BFP #1 - 12/30/12 - EDD 9/13/13 - CP

BFP #2 - 2/13/13 - EDD 10/24/13 - born 10/29/13 - Kian Edward

BFP #3 - 7/16/15 - EDD 3/27/16 - born 3/23/16 - Liam James

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Can you find time to power pump once a day? I have tried pumping in the car (my commute is about 45mins to an hr) or at work (bringing my laptop to the wellness room with me during work or at lunch). Also eating oatmeal and add a tablespoon of brewer's yeast for breakfast. Try mother's milk tea (may make some people and babies gassy) and drink at least 12-13 cups of water a day. If possible, let your little one nurse when you are home with the baby. My supply isn't the best and my boobs dont respond well to the pump, but I have been able to provide just enough for him by doing the above. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been able to pump as much at work the past week or two. I saw a lactation consultant who suggested an herbal supplement called "more milk" by motherlove. it's fenugreek, goat's rue, blessed thistle herb, nettle herb and fennel seed. I've been eating oatmeal and "lactation smoothies" which have flaxseed and brewer's yeast. I've started pumping every hour, and i use a manual pump after using my electric pump and I've been able to get a little extra that way. I also get up at night to pump, which i don't get a lot, but every little bit helps!
  • Pumping, pumping and more pumping.
  • Fenugreek and blessed thistle saved my supply