Pregnant after IF

MTHFR & success?

Hi ladies, just dropping by from the TTTC board. I've been ttc for 3+ years, am 37 yr old and recently found to have 1 copy each of the MTHFR gene variants. I've found some older posts on this board but was hoping to find someone who dealt with this and is enjoying a healthy pregnancy at the moment?

Congratulations to all the soon to be mommies on this board! 
TTC since May 2013
Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion

Re: MTHFR & success?

• Hey there. I am 38, have 1 copy of one of the MTHFR's (can't remember which one) and am currently 14w5d pregnant. I also have some auto-immune issues (APA, +ANA and protein C deficiency) I am being treated with Lovonox injection 40 mg 2x/day, prednisone 10mg, and I take methylated folate (no more folic acid). Have you had any additional testing done? There is a great Facebook group for Reproductive Immunology Support - those ladies have a TON on info! Let me know if you have any other questions or if you want the info for the group on FB. Wishing you the best.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thank you!!! I would love info on the fb group. My new RE has run a ton of labs in addition to the 23&Me dna testing but I haven't seen him yet to go over the results which is why my mind is racing after asking Dr Google! I really appreciate the response and wish you a healthy rest of your pregnancy
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Loading the player...
  • @lablover78 PM me your email address and I'll invite you to the FB group (It's a secret group)

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited August 2016
    I am not currently pregnant but still lurk the boards. We found out after our last loss that I have the mthfr mutation. We did a fet, I got pregnant with both embryos and had a healthy pregnancy until the end when I had pre-e. Now I have 8 month old, happy and healthy twins.
  • Hi there @lablover78. I have one copy of the MTHFR's. I didn't know about it for the IVF rounds prior to this one. After we had no success, they did some testing and found the mutation. I started taking L-methyl folate every day. I don't know if it helped get me pregnant but I am now 17 weeks + 5 days pregnant. 
  • Thank you so much ladies!!! I'm feeling hopeful :)
    TTC since May 2013