September 2016 Moms

Fantasy football **Updated with league info**

camichael84camichael84 member
edited August 2016 in September 2016 Moms
Enough interest has been shown on the randoms thread that I'd like to start a fantasy football league for S16! If you want to join, just let me know on this thread and once it's all set up, I'll pm you the info to join. 

Before I set it up, though, I want to see if there is more interest in a fantasy league or a Pick 'em league. 

And hopefully, I did this all right... this is my first poll.

Fantasy football **Updated with league info** 23 votes

Fantasy league
43% 10 votes
Pick 'em league
56% 13 votes

Re: Fantasy football **Updated with league info**

• All about the football - let Fall begin!!! :)
  • I can't resist  a clicky poll.

Also, I saw an ad this weekend with Carrie Underwood just kinda sing/speaking "Sunday night" and I got chills. Love those cheesy little songs!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted for pick 'em as it will take less focus and time. I already bowed out on my old fantasy league as I wasn't sure I would have time or want to be as active on it once the LO is born. But I'm down for a pick 'em! 
  • Sad to say I don't know the difference ...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • chavezrd2 said:
    Sad to say I don't know the difference ...

Pick em, you just pick the winners of each game each week. Fantasy, you're essentially running your own team with a roster and trades, etc.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in for either type
  • Is it terrible that I would love a small pot of prize money for the winner? Nothing big of course like $5-10 each?
  • I think with new babies on the way it might be easier to just do a pick em 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• A pick em allows more people to be involved.

• So ready for football season!! DH and I picked up our fantasy guides this weekend for our draft that is scheduled for the end of this month.  I'm just sad that I will be home on maternity leave for the whole season and won't be able to trash talk as much.  I'm pumped!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Love football but don't do fantasy football or other types of betting. Just happy to enjoy watching the game, eating junk food, and an adult beverage. 
  • Yes please!! i personally like the Draft Kings type of team...you essentially pick a new team each week with a salary cap.  They have a very user friendly app...i think there is a way to set up a league for the whole season but i'm not too sure.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I love fantasy football! My concern with doing it with no investment is that I think people will get lazy about it. I'm with @OBMommy and think that a small pot would keep everyone more interested. However, I don't know that people will be comfortable sending money at this point.
  • @drmh22 That was my thought as well, I'm afraid that as we all get busy with new babies then we'll stop participating. Maybe we could do a paypal or something?
  • I worry adding betting money will keep people from participating that want to. I'm okay with it if everyone shows interest in adding a monetary component.

FWIW, the leagues I've participated on TK and TB in the past were for fun only. A few people did drop out by the end, but there were enough people in the league that it didn't matter much and was still competitive. 

• Just messaged you @camichael84 thanks for organizing this!
  • @rock1cherry Sent you a pm back. I'm so excited for this! I love football!

• Me too! I dropped out of my fantasy league thinking I wouldn't have time to do the setup etc. But I played pick 'em last year and it's easy and fun! Can't wait!
  • I'm so excited, thanks for organizing this!
  • PM sent. Thanks for setting it up! Yay football!
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want to play, but keep in mind that I choose based on mascot and colors. Because I only like football on certain days.
  • I want to play, but keep in mind that I choose based on mascot and colors. Because I only like football on certain days.
    As long as you like horses as mascots... baby horses to be exact.

• JennM205JennM205 member
    edited August 2016
    I want to play, but keep in mind that I choose based on mascot and colors. Because I only like football on certain days.
    Or meat packers.  ;)  And cheese.

Edited to Add - Though, honestly, I wouldn't blame you if you chose against them based on colors alone.  Who thought green and gold were a good combination?  It's hideous!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JennM205 said:
    I want to play, but keep in mind that I choose based on mascot and colors. Because I only like football on certain days.

Edited to Add - Though, honestly, I wouldn't blame you if you chose against them based on colors alone.  Who thought green and gold were a good combination?  It's hideous!
    No, eagles! I mean, it's the national animal. Have you no patriotism?
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ashtasht member
    JennM205 said:

Perfect combo!
  • Go pack go!! I'll PM you @camichael84
  • I'm new to all of this...

Do we start picking now for preseason games?  Or does "Week One" align with regular-season?

Also, do you pick one week at a time or all up front?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JennM205 Week one starts the week of regular season games. I believe you can either pick them all at once or week by week, but not 100% sure on the former. I've only ever picked as each week progressed and would think you'd have a better chance of guessing right that way (knowing the teams' injuries and such).

• Also, for anyone considering joining, there is no limit to how many people can participate so there is no worry there won't be a spot for everyone. However, I am going to lock the team once the season starts (9/8) so that no one can join after that time. 

• @camichael84 I was at the Colts playoffs game when they made the second biggest comeback in NFL history...and I had on a Patriots hoodie. I will admit that it was an awesome game. 
  • @OBMommy The game against the Chiefs in the 2013 playoffs!? I am so freaking jealous!!! I watched it at home by myself because DH was working, and I was live texting him as it happened. THEN... after the game was over, I got my first BFP for DD1 after trying to get pregnant for a year and a half. Without a doubt, one of the best days of my life! Sidenote: I am convinced DD1 will always be a Colts lover like myself because of this.

I'm also side eying you for the Pats hoodie. :wink:

• @camichael84 Thanks for the clarification.  I assumed we would pick week by week - to your point, knowing injuries and season to date records can only help - but thought I saw an option to pick several weeks at once when I was on the site.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't cheating by not picking all up front, haha.  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OBMommy - please tell me the hoodie had full length sleeves and was not a frumpy Belichick-style hoodie. I'm telling ya, it's hard being a non-Patriots fan living in New England.

I'm going to PM you @camichael84 - hoping to stay on top of it, should be easy as a pick 'em. Getting tired of fantasy baseball right now although i'm in 3rd place, my whole team is injured. Ugh. My husband thought it was REALLY cool that we'd be doing a fantasy football league.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 Sent you a pm back! I think this year is going to be like the year McKenna was born, and I'll be doing a fantasy league and DH won't be. He loves everything football, so I'm pretty sure he's jealous.

• Bump! Season starts tomorrow!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Yeah! I made my picks but am going to go over them again just to be sure...eek! The last one I did like this was the eliminator challenge and you only made one pick per week. This is a whole lot harder!
  • I'm so excited football's starting tonight that I texted my husband when I left this morning to remind him to update his fantasy league rosters!   Obviously my priorities are straight...