February 2016 Moms
Options

Affordable crib suggestions?

Hi all, I am looking to find an affordable crib for the baby. We have a very nice crib already however our 2 year old is just not ready to move out of it to a toddler bed yet. The baby has gotten too big for the bassinet and the pack n play just doesn't seem comfy all night long. We don't want something too expensive since we already bought one really nice crib that she'll eventually end up in. 

Any recommendations would be very helpful! 
thanks 

Re: Affordable crib suggestions?

• Options
    Look online at stores near you or that deliver to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have been but there are so many different brands to choose from. Just wondering if anyone found a decent one they were happy with. Thanks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They're all pretty much the same. They all have the same safety requirements, so just pick the one you think looks the best in your home. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have a DaVinci Kalani 4‑in‑1 Convertible Crib, I think from Target. Not sure what your price range is, but we love it, I was able to assemble all of it but the last bolt myself while pregnant, then had to call in DH lol!

https://www.target.com/p/davinci-kalani-4-in-1-convertible-crib-with-toddler-rail/-/A-17294129
  • Options
    I've heard the IKEA cribs are decent and they're budget friendly. I haven't tried one myself, but that was our plan if my mom hadn't offered to buy us the one she did.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I bought my sons crib online at Walmart. Free shipping and I got it for $200. It's very nice and was easy to assemble. I love the crib. I was stuck between that one and one at target. I just used one of the mattresses I had for my kids toddler beds. It is a 4 in 1 but I don't remember the brand. 
  • Options
    We have the fisher price Charlotte crib which we got for under $200. It nice but nothing special--if you have an IKEA near you, I'd go that route. They're just as nice and very simple!
  • Options
    I have a delta crib and used a 20% coupon at buy buy baby and it qualified for free shipping, I think finally cost was about $200. Good quality crib and looks very "rich"
  • Options
    Thank you for the helpful suggestions. I'm going to check out these options you've mentioned. I appreciate the feedback. 
  • Options
    We have a Jenny Lind crib that we love. It's a 3-in-1 and it was like $180
  • Options
    I got our crib through Sears, it was a Delta, 4 in 1 and right around the $200 mark. Its held up well, its on our 2nd LO but has a ton of teeth marks in it from our 1st LO so we most likely wont be using it after the crib stage as a bed frame (we already have a twin for LO when he outgrows the crib). I would have gone the IKEA route if we had one around here, I'm all for cheaper is better at this stage as you can see a lot of times things get ruined. 
  • Options
    W my first 2we bought the Jenny Lynn crib at walmart for around 120 .this time I ordered the dream on me mini crib from Amazon for around 155$ w the mattress. I love the look and space saving of the mini crib .the Jenny Lynn was nice but my boys would not sleep in it much they slept in my bed more 
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    IKEA! check Craigslist and baby resell groups too.