March 2017 Moms

Get the Lowdown: Answers & Advice From STM+ to FTM

124»

Re: Get the Lowdown: Answers & Advice From STM+ to FTM

• @AverageAsh @hippiemama I didn't do anything! Haha, the human body is amazing ;) 
  • I think I was one of the few that was blessed with an easy first poop. I didn't tear though so maybe thats why? And yes the post partum crying...GAH! DH must have thought I was nuts lol
    Yeah, I was nervous about it but it was nbd. I took my stool softener and it came out like normal. And I did tear in my perineum toward my anus so I thought it would.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited August 2016
    @SKJ what do you think contributed to your first PP poop being NBD? I'd like that course! lol

Seriously furiously taking notes in my phone over here so I don't forget all these things... and writing down questions to ask my doctor at my next appointment about their hospital policies! I feel bothersome bombarding people with all these questions but as a FTM, I guess I better get used to it!
    Stool softeners. And not tensing up, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @SKJ - it is great to hear your story. I'm a FTM and know I have to be careful  with my pelvic floor. When I was younger I had to get physiotherapy because I couldn't relax my pelvic floor (this meant heaps of problems going to the bathroom etc). I know this sounds really weird but the physio actually told me I'm not to do kegals, even when I'm pregnant - because those exercises focus on tightening the muscles but you need to be able to tighten AND relax (although I understand for a lot of women kegals really help, just not for me ...).

I've put a lot of time and effort into learning to relax and don't want to undo all this work by pushing on tight muscles. Like you I've done a lot of reading and research about pelvic floor, and when I give birth I hope to push when you get the urge to push, take my time and try to get into a position that's comfortable and helps gravity. I know some midwives and doctors disagree about this so I hope my midwife will support me on this if it means I'm well post-partum. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @briunit Sorry that you've had PF issues but I LOVE hearing about women seeing pelvic floor physiotherapists (I literally recommend one to all of my postpartum training clients). I'm glad you've worked on those issues before going through pregnancy, labour & delivery and I'm sure the stuff you've learned and worked on will help you prevent (or at least minimize) further issues. I hope you are able to find a knowledgable, agreeable midwife as well!
  • @skj what do you do for a living?
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • @AverageAsh I'm a certified personal trainer :) 
  • Your clients are extremely blessed to be able to draw from that wealth of knowledge!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Your clients are extremely blessed to be able to draw from that wealth of knowledge!
    Second that! Could you train me? On second thoughts, don't because the session will inevitably end when I refuse to get out of bed
  • I think I was one of the few that was blessed with an easy first poop. I didn't tear though so maybe thats why? And yes the post partum crying...GAH! DH must have thought I was nuts lol

STUUUUUPID BOX

I was SO nervous about that first poop. And was so thankfully surprised it wasn't that bad. Even with a small tear. I did take softeners days prior to prep I'm assuming that helped.
  • @AverageAsh Thank you! That's so sweet. I'm very lucky to have connected with some amazing women as my examples and teachers (my clients are pretty amazing as well and definitely teach me a lot!)

@briunit I don't know, I'm all about exercise as self-care and something you should look forward to. Plus, I prioritize adequate sleep over basically everything. We might get along well ;)