January 2017 Moms
Options

8/1-8/7 Appointments, ultrasounds, blood work etc

Happy Sunday!! 

What appointments do you have this week? 
** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 8/1-8/7 Appointments, ultrasounds, blood work etc

• Options
    I have an appointment on Tuesday! It's mostly just paperwork though. I do get to hear the heartbeat. I'm excited for that as I have recently purchased a doppler. We tried to find the HB, but no go. FTM and never even had one used on me, so we were really just winging it. I'm going to be carefully paying attention to see what and where she goes to find this HB. 

Also, still sick. Fricking A. But I'm hoping she'll be able to say something definitively about I'm doing well with it or I need to change gears. I will also get information for work as I plan to tell them on Wednesday. My job will be adjusted due to this, so I thought it best to have all the information when I go in to speak to them. So not a big appointment, but critical in the scheme of things. 
  • Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    I've got my 15 week appointment Wednesday. As far as I know it's a quick, routine one, but I'm excited to hear the heartbeat. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TTTS scan and glucose test round one (UGH) on Thursday! 
  • Options
    16w appointment tomorrow at 10:30! Anxious to hear babies HB since I haven't felt them move again...
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    Anatomy scan on Friday followed immediately by my normal 4-week OB appointment! We already had good quad screen results but I'm still anxious to make sure everything is measuring right and that he's looking healthy.
  • Options
    @tinabelcher Round 1? Yikes. Is that because multiples or is it possible you won't have to do another if you pass this one?
  • Options
    I scheduled an extra ultasound sound for tomorrow.   Hopefully baby cooperates and we get to find out the sex!

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I had a bleeding scare yesterday, so there was blood work and an ultrasound involved in the ER. I also have a follow up appointment later this week with my OB as a result. 
  • Options
    I have my first MFM appointment on Thursday. They will be deciding if they want me to start the weekly progesterone injections due to a history of preterm labor. I'll also have an u/s so I'm excited to see the babies again.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited August 2016
    @canavara ugh. It's a story. My RE is the sweetest man alive but has default settings, every woman he treats for IF is treated as if they have PCOS regardless if they actually do. (We were with him for male factor infertility) I'm actually typically hypoglycemic, I ovulate like clockwork except in the fall (long cycles but it still happens), my hormones were pretty "normal", my ovaries never LOOKED polycystic, on and on, but still it's in my chart that I was on metformin etc. With multiples your chance of GD about doubles so anyone with PCOS should take the test twice to be safe. Even though it's so unlikely that I actually have it!! 

:'(  I'm not thrilled, particularly since I miss SO much work for bimonthly scans already, but I'm not going to fight them. Just complain about it lol!

ETA I get nervous for every scan too, regardless of how often I see that they're totally fine! I'm a little high strung  ;)
  • Options
    I have a regular check up with my OB this week, but no ultrasound. I haven't had one since 9 weeks and I am just doubled over with wanting to know more about our baby! I keep wondering if I ask for one at my appointment if they would do it, however, I may just have to wait until my 20-week appointment (includes the anatomy scan). Patiently waiting........
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Options
    I have a routine appointment with my MW tomorrow morning. 

Also have an ultrasound with MFM on Thursday as a follow-up to abnormal results from 1st trimester screening. In the meantime my NIPT came back normal, so I'm wondering if the MFM will release me after this week, or if they'll still want extra monitoring since I had elevated HCG at 13 weeks. Either way I'm excited to see the baby again. 

@christac1010 I hope everything is ok! Keep us posted!

• Options
    I have a routine 14wk checkup in 7 hours with a different OB than the last few apts. Our hospital rotates between 7 OB's so they suggest meeting them each at least once. Hopefully I can FINALLY hear the heartbeat! I've had 2 US's but so far still no heartbeat, she said that it's not recommended using the US wand for heartbeat because it could be harmful, and since I have an anterior placenta the OB has been waiting until I'm further along before trying to find it. HOPEFULLY he can find it tomorrow. I have so many more birthday questions this time around, he better be ready for me ;) I read an article on how to decrease tearing and I want to know how many of the techniques I can actually do.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    Appointment went well yesterday, OB found the HB right away, and I'm measuring right on track! So that is a relief. Scheduled my anatomy scan for Aug. 25th!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    I started weekly progesterone shots due to having a 29 weeker with my first.  That pregnancy seemed so fast and a blur, so I hopefully can enjoy a full term baby and all that goes with that this time.  The shots made my hips hurt and I seemed more emotional for a couple days.  I'm excited to go in today and hear the heartbeat and schedule the anatomy scan!!!
  • Options
    Get to meet a new OB on Wednesday (new clinic). I still need screening done as I missed the first tri screening, so will hopefully have the harmony test done tomorrow, too. I have a home doppler so I don't care much about hearing HB. Ultrasound would be nice, but not really necessary I suppose. 
  • Options
    Saw OB for regular visit, but finally got to hear the heartbeat!!! Everything still good and healthy. I had a million questions this time, especially now that I've been researching ways to prevent tearing, and now that our hospital uses laughing gas. This was the most informative apt so far (besides the ultrasounds of course)
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited August 2016
    Welp, GTT #1 is in the books. I got real grumpy REAL quick. My blood sugar crashed within the first 30 minutes. I wonder if that's a good sign or a bad sign? Poor H had to sit with me while the ultrasound tech was running late, I'm all desperately-need-a-snack pissy.... He's the best <3  

ETA oh but babies' fluids are almost perfectly equal so we're looking good! Next scan in 2 weeks, full growth + fetal echocardiogram
  • Options
    Anatomy scan happened today. Baby is still measuring ahead of my LMP by a couple of days. I dunno if I should bother going through the whole changing my ticker day process now since he's been consistently measuring ahead for over 6 weeks now (EDD still Jan 1st, measuring 18w5d, by LMP it'd be Jan 3 and 18w3d).

Anyway. I had been worried about spina bifida risk but his spine looks fully fused and he was also free of any markers for any other problems :) Organs all measuring appropriately and healthy. Middle anterior placenta (a little shocked by that because I've been feeling his kicks for a while). And bizarrely, I had commented last night to OH while using the doppler, "I think he's head down facing away right now... his heart is down here, his umbilical cord is up here... I think his head is resting on my bladder...." And the ultrasound tech confirmed that's exactly how he was positioned, which was really cool.

Weighed in at 9 ounces and he has a giant head apparently. But he's healthy!
  • Options
    @canavara I LOVED the anatomy scan with my two DD's!  It is so fascinating to see all the parts and to even see the chambers of the heart and blood pumping around, etc.  Amazing.
    So glad your LO looks great!