March 2017 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating - Week of 8/1

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating - Week of 8/1

• Loving Tositos Chiptolte chips this week! 
  • smevan11 said:
    Anything simple - pretzels, pb&j, hummus. Meat is so unappetizing.

I agree 110% with meat being unappetizing.  I have been eating mostly fruit when I am not so nauseated.  I can't do salad at all.  It sounds really good but I feel horrible after I actually eat it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Spartanrd4 said:
    Just ordered a medium pizza for myself because DH is out of town. It has veggies on it....so still healthy right?!
    Totally still counts as healthy!  More veggies than most of us ;) enjoy!
  • I seriously now have a palate of a 5 year old. Macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, pizza, and ketchup on everything! I don't even like ketchup but I can't get enough. I eat super clean so this is all very hilarious and probably a little scary for my husband.

I may need an intervention. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 I DH: 28
    Married: 5-1-15
    EDD: 3-26-17 (GIRL!) I FTM
  • I had a pretzel today with yellow mustard and I swear yellow mustard has never tasted so good!  I had almonds I was dipping in the mustard afterwards...I realized what I was doing and felt like a crazy person!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mecoats are you a fellow Marylander? The only meat I have wanted in the past week was crabs.
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So glad to hear that my food aversions/cravings are common! I'm trying to eat normally, but meat and most veggies are bleh. I'm supposed to make gazpacho for dinner... so many veggies. What sounds good: bagels/cream cheese, pickles, chips, ice cream, cheese, hummus/pita... carbs and cheese please, with a side of pickles. 
  • DD was eating cheerios and was dropping them on the floor... I may have eaten all them off the floor. No shame in my game. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I come to this thread not because I have cravings but b/c I am totally greedy in everyday life and it only is deemed acceptable when I am pregnant (friends reference, And {the fat girl inside of me really wants to go} "I owe her this. I never let her eat"... 

But I will play along cuz I love all the food:smile: 2 peaches, some oatmeal for my boobs {blah} spaghetti and then a caprese panini (sp). 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• I really want some blue box Kraft Mac & Cheese. I almost cried last night because we don't have any. DH said he'd pick some up at the store on the way home today (because he's totally awesome and is grocery shopping so I don't have to). I've already texted him to remind him to get some.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• msirni0 said:
    @mecoats are you a fellow Marylander? The only meat I have wanted in the past week was crabs.
    Yep!  From the MD area...currently in PA, but vacation in OCMD each year.  I love AUCE blue crabs during vacation.  In fact the night before my BFP, we went out for AUCE crabs on our vacation.  IT was great, but crabby cheese fries are where it's at!
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @howdthathappen 'The line between hunger and nausea is so confusing to me right now' YES! Same. I was doing SO well with intuitive eating about 6ish months straight before I got pregnant too. I'm really hoping that comes back in 2nd trimester because constantly thinking about food and dissecting/second-guessing all my food choices again is killing me..
  • Cereal- lots of cereal.......and cheese quesadillas   nom nom nom
  • Would it be horribly glutonous to go to a Japanese Hibachi place by myself?  Do I feel like driving 20 minutes to get there?  I think yes on both counts, and I'm OK with that.  
  • @mecoats crabby fries sound amaaazing right now! One of my friends posted a Bloody Mary from the crabcake factory in OC and I wanted to murder them! there's always next year.....
    ttc #1 since July 2014

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @onefootinthebayou Oooh, Hibachi sounds so good right now. Do ittttttt.
  • I got the mac & cheese that I was craving last night for dinner and it was everything I imagined it would be and more...and there are leftovers in the fridge for dinner! Buffalo mac for the win!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Definitely had ramen delivered two days ago because we had none and I was so nauseous I didn't want to leave the house. They sent crab broth with the rest of a correct pork ramen order (sans runny egg and sprouts) and I ate it anyways. Nom. 

I'm having lots of cold apples, idk why they appeal more than room-temperature ones, and nectarines. Although I did just have Annie's mac and cheese for first dinner. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CBS7CBS7 member
    I can pretty much only get myself to eat fruit and dairy products. The dairy part is especially weird for me because I've been vegan for many years! It was a bit of a struggle at first but I finally gave in to what my body was saying it wanted and have been pretty much living on yogurt, cottage cheese, and mac and cheese. We haven't told my family yet because they live a few states away and my husband wants to be there when we tell everyone; but I already had a long weekend trip planned for myself with my mom and sisters for this coming weekend. They are definitely going to notice something is up!
  • mecoats said:
    msirni0 said:
    @mecoats are you a fellow Marylander? The only meat I have wanted in the past week was crabs.
    Yep!  From the MD area...currently in PA, but vacation in OCMD each year.  I love AUCE blue crabs during vacation.  In fact the night before my BFP, we went out for AUCE crabs on our vacation.  IT was great, but crabby cheese fries are where it's at!
    @mecoats & @msirni0 I think this is the only sign anymore I'm not a native Marylander (lived here 8 years). I cant eat crab on everything. By itself it's amazing but these fries or breakfast omletes?!!? I don't get it. That being said.... I do feel like I'm missing out on something sometimes lol. I hate cheese though so I guess I'm out regardless!
  • Ugh.
    Most days I hold my nose and down a green juice. Can manage some type of veggie soup or a salad for lunch. (Really- being able to eat "healthy" options at all right now stems from terror that this LO will be close to 10lbs like big bro. Eep!) 

Dinner has been mac n cheese, corn bread, pizza, pasta with a tiny bit of red sauce.... Much harder to stomach. I'm the most nauseous towards the end of the day. 

Last night I cried when I opened the freezer to discover we were out of French fries. So naturally I had to go to Burger King and then I cried again after I ordered because I felt guilty. But Damn that burger was delicious!!! 

• vino831 said:
    saw a nutritionist yesterday.. at doc's order for the two little nuggets. she flat out told me... you aint eating enough. no shit Sherlock.. so she handed me a meal plan and told me to eat through out the day so on so on............ its ok not to pick super healthy foods. but get the carbs and protein and milk in .. she told me to drink whole milk...... yall.. whole milk is legit!!!!!!!!!!!!! it tasted good lol........ and today cheese and crackers has been my new found fav..
    I never thought about that for you multiple mamas. I had a hard time getting enough protien for a while with my DS. I can't imagine having to make sure you're eating enough for more!

my hubby has been the food Nazi. EATTTTTTTTTT MOREEEEEE FOOOOODDDD he says. lol

SaveSave
  • I was craving a Chickfila breakfast chicken biscuit... so I bought one..... and I ate it... now im sad I only bought one.............. and its too far to go to get another... by far I mean walk 5 mins but im just too lazy for that right now... 

SaveSave
  • I was craving a Chickfila breakfast chicken biscuit... so I bought one..... and I ate it... now im sad I only bought one.............. and its too far to go to get another... by far I mean walk 5 mins but im just too lazy for that right now... 

@mrsyimster - I totally had the same throught this morning with a Bojangles biscuit - WHY did I only get one???????
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• @ihateusernames* That was my last pregnancy's food.... Borderline HG that time around. So I haven't eaten a single saltine since... I threw them back up way too many time.  
  • @onefootinthebayou can I just say you are my hero for going and getting hibachi by yourself? I love it!!

@vino831 I can eat crabs and old bay in almost anything. We go through the giant size old bay pretty quickly. But we have college friends from out of state and they think the whole crabs thing is so weird!
    ttc #1 since July 2014

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want a cup cake. With extra frosting 

• Swiss cake rolls. Give me all the Swiss cake rolls. 
  • I bought ramen today all thanks to this thread and it did NOT disappoint! 
  • kjd291 said:
    I want a cup cake. With extra frosting 

Mmmmmm. Cupcakes. 

Ps. Ridiculous as this may sound, this Gif is so sadly unsatisfying to me because you don't get to see the finished product. Lol
  • Swiss cake rolls. Give me all the Swiss cake rolls. 
    Great....now I want Swiss cake rolls!
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Last night was our date night & we went to one of my favorite restaurants for their classic cheeseburger with bacon jam. Yes...bacon jam! Oh the sweet and savory...I have been craving it for two weeks! Did have a salad of greens with it instead of fries but that burger...OMG it is to die for! 

I almost forgot what it was like to finally get something you've been strongly craving and how satisfying it is!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• vino831 said:
    I'm so so so excited to respond to this thread right now.. I'm from Texas (live up north now) Texas is home of the best ice cream on the planet - Bluebell. 

I never get this anymore bc they don't ship further north that NC.

Happy... no thrilled when I saw bluebell in this TN grocery store while on vacation! 

So. Much. Ice. Cream!!!

bluebell IS THE BEST!!!!! now I want some strawberry ice cream.
    Oh guys I live an hour away from this place called Cowlicks ice cream. Seriously, this place has people lined up around the block. Homemade local ingredients ice cream. One store in my town carries it...I may have to visit it later today because now I want real ice cream!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Tortilla chips have gone over well the last few days. They have actually been two dinners and one lunch because the aversions and nausea are ridiculous. And ice cold water with a splash of 100% grapefruit juice.
  • @msirni0 the only thing I would ever say is weird about crabs and this state is I found out recently that a friend of mine born and raised here actually dissected a crab in high school. I couldn't stop laughing like that was the line for me! Did you do the same?
  • vino831 said:
    I'm so so so excited to respond to this thread right now.. I'm from Texas (live up north now) Texas is home of the best ice cream on the planet - Bluebell. 

I never get this anymore bc they don't ship further north that NC.

Happy... no thrilled when I saw bluebell in this TN grocery store while on vacation! 

So. Much. Ice. Cream!!!

bluebell IS THE BEST!!!!! now I want some strawberry ice cream.
    Oh guys I live an hour away from this place called Cowlicks ice cream. Seriously, this place has people lined up around the block. Homemade local ingredients ice cream. One store in my town carries it...I may have to visit it later today because now I want real ice cream!
    Wow that sounds amazing. I left TN and the Bluebell...I'm soo sad. The worst part is i bought a half gallon and i couldnt finish it all! We were packed up and here I am sitting on the couch trying to do this cookies and cream justice but not wasting it.

Sigh.... MD just doesn't have anything wow in thr frozen dairy department unless @msirni0 or @mecoats can tell me otherwise?