Pregnant after a Loss

ClearBlue Weeks test = me freaking out

So I'm not sure when I ovulated (post loss, no LMP) just know when I had sex. I bought a clearblue weeks estimator to see if the pregnancy is progressing. I'm also not experiencing ANY symptoms yet (my boobs are usually sore by now and I'm usually super tired), so I thought it would be reassuring me that it's not a blighted ovum. 

I had unprotected sex 3 weeks 5 days ago - so I should be around 5.5 weeks or so. I took the test this morning and it said 2-3 weeks, ie: 4-5 weeks. I really expecting it to say 3 weeks and now I'm freaking out. NOT what this PGAL brain needed! Does anyone have an experience where the test told them they were behind where they should be and it went okay? I'm going to take the other test in maybe 10 days? Then my ultrasound will be in 2 weeks, but I just want to know before finding out via ultrasound if this is my 4th loss. I have ultrasound PTSD!

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

Re: ClearBlue Weeks test = me freaking out

• I'm sorry the test is freaking you out - if you don't know when you ovulated it's absolutely possible you are not as far along as you think you are - sperm can live up to 5 days. 

Unfortunately the test advancing weeks at the right time will not tell you if you are having a blighted ovum or not. My tests rose appropriately when I had a blighted ovum.  

Would your OB be willing to do serial beta tests? My OB does not usually do them but when I asked they were happy to accommodate. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• From what I've seen hanging around these parts off and on this year, is that continuing to POAS almost always creates more anxiety and doesn't provide that much reassurance. It may be worth it for your peace of mind to request a couple betas from your doctor in the meantime leading up to US. Also, try not to read into symptoms or lack thereof. Many healthy pregnancies turn out to be relatively symptom-free! I totally understand the need to find things out ASAP. The waiting is the worst. Try not to pee on more sticks, though. Sending hugs and strength to you! I hope this is your take home rainbow baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurking. I agree, that won't give you any indication as to if you have a blighted ovum or not. My clearblue result was correct and my blood testing initially fine... but those week estimators don't take into account that HCG can vary drastically from person to person and it also depends on the time of day. Unfortunately, the only real way of knowing for sure is waiting for your ultrasound. I wish you well!
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• mjolk said:
    Lurking. I agree, that won't give you any indication as to if you have a blighted ovum or not. My clearblue result was correct and my blood testing initially fine... but those week estimators don't take into account that HCG can vary drastically from person to person and it also depends on the time of day. Unfortunately, the only real way of knowing for sure is waiting for your ultrasound. I wish you well!
    If only I had a crystal ball. This darn waiting is always so hard. Thank you and I'm so sorry for your loss. ❤️

A

• From what I've seen hanging around these parts off and on this year, is that continuing to POAS almost always creates more anxiety and doesn't provide that much reassurance. It may be worth it for your peace of mind to request a couple betas from your doctor in the meantime leading up to US. Also, try not to read into symptoms or lack thereof. Many healthy pregnancies turn out to be relatively symptom-free! I totally understand the need to find things out ASAP. The waiting is the worst. Try not to pee on more sticks, though. Sending hugs and strength to you! I hope this is your take home rainbow baby!
    Thank you so so much for the support. I will step away from the pee sticks. And just try to forget for 2 weeks that I'm pregnant. ;) (this waiting IS the worst. After losing babies, of course.) 

A

• Would your OB be willing to do serial beta tests? My OB does not usually do them but when I asked they were happy to accommodate. 
    I'm out of town until a few days before my ultrasound, so I can't get my HCG levels drawn. Oh well, I'd probably just freak out over those too.

A

• I was pregnant again before my cycle after a loss. When I tested positive (vvvvfaint) it had been 5 weeks since I had a d&c. When I went in a week later for an u/s I was measuring right about 5 weeks. She's 7 weeks old tomorrow. I know how hard it is but try and relax :) congrats!