1st Trimester
Options

Are We Too Needy?

My wife a positive pee test in the middle of June. This is our first pregnancy done via in-home insemination. Right away, we called the OB practice we want to go through to get the ball rolling since we don't have an established OB (we just see our PCP for our girly exams). Our first appointment with the clinic was today, and all they did was collect her & the donor's medical history, and take blood/urine for testing.

Our first ultrasound isn't until August 22--they don't do the first ultrasound until 12-ish weeks. Is this normal? We both feel like it's all "hurry up and wait" and just want to know FOR SURE already that things are fine. Are we just being impatient?
J (Ma--I'm the one posting) & E (Mommy--I'm the one carrying)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Are We Too Needy?

• Options
    Momof1 said:
    Your office sounds typical to me.
    THANK you! I figured it was normal since they are the experts and all, but it just feels like a long time to wait for confirmation. I feel much better to know this is typical.

• Options
    If they took blood, they're most likely testing beta levels so that should give you further confirmation in addition to the HPT. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @MRSCORKER. We'll get all those results Friday.  :)

• Options
    I felt the same frustrations with my first pregnancy when they didn't even set up my first OB appointment until 8 weeks pregnant. It just seems like first tri is a time when you would need a lot of support from the OB. Instead it's more that there's little that can be done in any case in first tri, so the appointments don't ramp up until you're much further along.

Sounds like your OB is pretty standard. Ours does a 12 week and a 20 week ultrasound. We ended up having an early ultrasound around 7 weeks because I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. But unless something seems to be going on, they usually don't do much in first tri. Good luck!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    I am currently 5 weeks and my first appointment isn't until 10 weeks! I'm like veruka salt, I want it and I want it now!
    TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
    Diagnosed PCOS February 2016
    First cycle 50mg Clomid 5/3/16, O'd CD 19 BFN
    Second cycle 50mg Clomid 6/1/16 O'd CD 18 BFN
    Third cycle Clomid 6/29/16 O'd CD 16 BFP @11dpo!
    EDD April 3 and praying things work out!