February 2016 Moms
Options

Things I never thought I'd ever..

Okay so we're all coming up on that 1/2 year mark, if not already, and I thought it'd be fun/interesting to see the things we swore we wouldn't do before that little bundle of joy came. Also please let this be a judge-free zone, I need to vent and I'm sure you do too.

I thought I'd never:
Let my girl cry it out… but man, she really loves to fight sleep, and will not nap without.. so yeah, I let her cry for like 3-5 mins at a time and after a few check ups she finally succumbs to sleep. This is a big one for me because I always feel guilty doing it but for me, it is the only way.

Rely on my MIL. She's kinda weird, as is my FIL and their whole house of weirdos (rents room to other people) but since they live close by, they have been so helpful for always wanting to watch her whenever.

Be 'that mom' on Facebook/Instagram.. crap, I realized I post photos of her almost every day. But it's so hard not to when they're so cute!

Now your turn :) let's all get it of our chest together! 
Married: 8/25/12
Started TTC: 1/1/14
BFP: 6/1/15
Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

Re: Things I never thought I'd ever..

• Options
    I thought I'd never...
     let my LO sleep in our bed. It's the only way for me and him to get sleep and I LOVE the cuddles. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    g0lightly8706g0lightly8706 member
    edited August 2016
    I love all these! especially cosleeping. I always have a pillow in between us while she's in bed with me (i'm a bigger girl so i don't trust myself) but sometimes it's the only way to get her to after that 5am feeding!
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• Options
    @jarob747 ditto! I really didn't think we'd ever bed share, but sometimes I am so tired in the middle of the night and he wants to feed, it's just so much easier to nurse him bed and doze off together!

I also never thought I'd ever let him nurse to sleep as much as I do, but it's a part of his bedtime routine and honesty I love the cuddles and bonding.

Never thought I'd ever lose my libedo, but alas that too has happened after much discomfort/pain.
    *lurking from J16*
    It doesn't have to be that way!  Go see a Pelvic floor physio! I was having excruciating pain with sex and they helped me get it all sorted out

sorry I know it's kind of unrelated but I just wanted to offer some help 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    middy411 said:
    I never thought I would breastfeed in public. "That's so uneccassary!", I said. "That's something I want to be private between me and baby", I said. Oh silly me. I didn't realize I was sentencing myself to life at home, alone (with sweet baby girl). I have always used a cover in public, but sometimes even that is a challenge when she wants to know what's going on. I literally could care less about my privacy. Once $#|+ went down in the hospital, I lost all sense of "private" parts lol.
    This. I never thought I'd breastfeed without a cover in public. My baby is usually fine with the cover, but there have been a couple times that she's been freaking out and I couldn't get her to latch whole trying to stay covered so I just ripped the damn thing off. I still prefer a cover or at least cover the top of my boob with my hand but if it's not possible, baby's still getting fed
  • Options
    Oh yes my libido is completely gone as well.this being my third and never had this problem before.Ive read it can come from nursing  and the hormones you realise during nursing. I've nursed all 3of mine and never had this happen.
    On another note I didn't think I'd need so much help from my other 2kids just to make meals for everyone! !!my lil  man seems to go into cranky mode every night as soon as I start making dinner,I tried moving dinner time around, keeping him entertained w toys,letting the other two play w him,nothing works he just wants me!!!
  • Options
    middy411 said:
    I never thought I would breastfeed in public. "That's so uneccassary!", I said. "That's something I want to be private between me and baby", I said. Oh silly me. I didn't realize I was sentencing myself to life at home, alone (with sweet baby girl). I have always used a cover in public, but sometimes even that is a challenge when she wants to know what's going on. I literally could care less about my privacy. Once $#|+ went down in the hospital, I lost all sense of "private" parts lol.
    I had a rough 8 weeks of really painful breastfeeding and just as it started to get easy, she sprouted 2 teeth and now their pained again ugh!

Also, I never thought I'd lose my libido either being that I've ALWAYS had the dramatically higher drive. But now, who wants to have sex when you could be eating or sleeping during that free time? I'll pass.

Oh my gosh how the hospital changed my sense of privacy! I went from trying to stay all clean and covered up when I arrived to just not caring . . . if someone dared to be in the room they were going to see what they see!

And I totally had the higher drive for all of the past eight years my husband and I have been together, I feel really bad for him. In fact, LO just woke up from a peaceful nap just in time to stop mommy and daddy time only hours ago!

Ever since getting pregnant I knew I'd breastfeed in public, but with a cover.

I never thought I'd ever use daycare. We really wanted to have ourselves, family, and friends be his sole caregivers, but almost all our plans fell through in that department. MIL watches him Tuesday and DH watches him Friday, but the other three weekdays he's in daycare :disappointed:
  • Options
    I also never thought I'd let her cry/fuss and used to FREAK out if she was fussing because I worried it would make everything worse. I kind of want to go back and slap myself. 

I swore we'd room share until she was 6 months and we lasted until 4.5--no one was sleeping longer than 3 hours and while I cried for the first couple of nights because I missed her next to me, but she was fine. I also didn't think I'd freak out about her flipping to sleep on her tummy, but I do. And I go in and flip her over. Last night she growled and swatted at me!