March 2017 Moms

What baby names are on your list?

Re: What baby names are on your list?

• Are any March mamas familiar with "The West Wing"? I love the name Annabeth and think it would be a perfect way to honor a lot of family members while still being original--we have a ton of Elizabeths, Annas, and Annes throughout the generations. And she could be "Annie" until she grows into all 3 syllables. But one of the top Google results is Kristen Chenoweth's character on West Wing, and I have never seen it, so I don't know if that should make me uncomfortable or not. She's cool so I'm assuming her character is okay?? Help? 

For boy names, I like very simple classic names: Wesley, Sam, Peter, etc. 

I dislike most of DH's picks so I imagine names are going to be a very difficult conversation. :( I am avoiding bringing it up with him until we learn the gender in October. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Loading the player...
  • @EnglishTeacherMama  Her character on west wing is great!! Definitely no negative connotation to go with the name -she's sweet, smart, charismatic.  
  • Hey @EnglishTeacherMama that's a great character!  She's really not in much of the show, to be honest I didn't even remember that that was Kristen Chenoweth's character's name until you said it.  And I love the West Wing and rewatch it a lot.

The character is a total sweetheart, loyal hard worker, general badass with no weird sex scandals or anything.  But it's really not a name that will trigger the memories of any but the most diehard West Wing fans. You should use the name! 
  • Its odd how for us sometimes we just knew and the name came easy, other times it is so hard. This LO is going to be hard I think. DS we had discussed if we every had a boy it would be Cole Shane (Shane after DH), DD1 we had 3 or 4 names picked out and I was sooo stressed about it. A week before she was due I told DH it was up to him (which is a huge deal for me cause I am kind of a control freak). 15 min after she was born I asked DH what her name was (he had of course picked one from our list) Hallie Dawn (Dawn after me). DD2 we were team green and we had a boy and girl name picked Vivian Jean (both family names) DD3 when I was about 6 weeks I mentioned Ella Grace (Grace after MIL) and it stuck and I kind of knew then she was a girl. 

We haven't even talked of names and I have no clue this time around.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
     AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • We are family name folks, as well. Ruby Jane for a girl and Everett James for a boy - all four are grandparent's names. Same with DD, Charlotte Elizabeth. 
    Ruby, Charlotte, and Everett are my top picks! Great minds...
  • **lurking from Jan17 for name inspiration**

@chrlyr just wanted to throw out there that my ex-SIL went by Evie and her full name was Yvette. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • I'm totally stuck on a boy's name this time around. For our DS, I knew I wanted to name him Oliver after my grandmother, Ollie, from the get go. If we have another boy though, I'm stumped. I love the name Viola for a girl but I don't think H will go for it.
  • for a boy so far we have Allister Robert (mn is both of our dads).. We really love this name but I want to keep looking..
    for a girl right now its Riley Irene (mn is grandma) We like this one too but again I wanna keep searching
  • We have decided on Samantha Rose (my grandmothers name was Rosie) for a girl and calling her Sami

And for a boy Austin Keith (my grandfathers name was Keith and it is also my dads middle name.)

• DH and I both agree on Kayla Rose for a girl.  
    Boy name will be much harder.  My husbands middle name is Hale so I was actually considering Hale for a first name but I am unsure right now.  Maybe if I think of a good middle name to go with it.  I have no idea what my husband will think of this name though..... 
  • DH and I both agree on Kayla Rose for a girl.  
    Boy name will be much harder.  My husbands middle name is Hale so I was actually considering Hale for a first name but I am unsure right now.  Maybe if I think of a good middle name to go with it.  I have no idea what my husband will think of this name though..... 
    Hale would be a killer middle name! So many things go with it!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • I had short lists of girl and boy names picked out before we even started trying! :D

The boy names all start with "C" because my younger brothers' names are Chasen and Colten, my brother in law is Chad, and my husband is Colby. I gave my husband 'the list' (Cash, Chevy, Cross, Cutter, and Crew) and he picked the boy's name: Cutter. We are using my husband's middle name, Lynn. So, Cutter Lynn for a boy. :)     

I had two girl names: Penn and Parker. Parker is a family name; all the men on my Dad's side are John Parker. I love the name Penn and we will hopefully never have to move from PA (we love it here). We also love Penn State! We fear that people will call her 'Penny' so we've decided to name her Penna and call her Penn for short :) Penna Grace.

• Bok Bagok said:
    My daughters name is Penelope Rose, Penelope because we like it and Rose was my grandmothers name. For this next baby, a boy will be John Henrik. John is my husbands name and Henrik is some hockey player he likes, lol. I like the name and it makes him happy. If it's a girl she'll be named Juliana Morgan, Juliana was my husbands grandmothers name and Morgan is my maidian name :)
    Is it Henrik Zetterburg by chance? If so great pick!
  • @MrsNap_515 i love how your daughter got her name! what a sweet story 
  • Having a really hard time coming up with names this time around.. We have some limitations due to family and preference. Everyone in hubbys family's name starts with a J and I don't want to be the person to break that tradition. I also don't like common names.. These 2 things put me in a predicament.. We aren't finding out what we are having so I have to have a girl and boy name picked out. 

I would like like to know your thoughts on the following names..  Girl: Jentry, Jersey, Jiana, Jemma... Boy: Judd, Jordy,

anyone want ant to through any J names that are not so common out there? I would love any input 
  • @LindseyLooMagoo I'm more of a classic name fan... So take my comment with a grain of salt ;) I like Jersey and Jemma much better than Jiana and Jentry reminds me too much of "gent" which makes me think male name. 

I think Jordy would be a cute little boy name!! But would he want to be called that when he's grown up?
  • @LindseyLooMagoo
    girl: Jacey, Jayline, Jimaine
    boy: Jacoby, Jepson, Jefferson

J's are hard lol I feel for you!
  • Thanks so much for the suggestions and feedback!! LOL yes J's are really hard for us considering the names I liked are already taken by my hubbys family members. 
  • Little late to this thread but for us, if it's a boy he'll be Edward Daniel. It's a combo of my fiancé  & his dad's first name & my dad's first name, my middle name.

If it's a girl, we're dipping into our shared Irish heritage (and playing on the due date being so close to St Patrick's Day) and naming her Keely Ann.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @NurseMama I love the name Sawyer!

@veeveemama59 I told DH what you said about yelling the child's name in the yard, and he immediately tested it out lol! We decided they sound cute but also good when being stern for discipline hahaha! Thanks for the tip ;)

Boy: Brady Clark

DH's middle name and dad's and a number of past grandfathers have the middle name Clark and I love it! So cute for a boy!

Girl: Lillian (Lilly) Marie

i know this one has become more popular but I don't care, I love the name Lilly! And my middle name is Marie, which seemed fitting to choose since we were doing the same with DH's middle name :)

Now to just find out what this baby is to give it a name... In 8 months  :o
  • We are 100% on our boy name: Landon Vance. Both are family names and I have always loved Landon. Thankfully, DH is in agreement with this. We have tossed around a few girl names. We like Araina, Aria, and Lana.
  • @EnglishTeacherMama I totally did not know that - thanks for the heads up!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My favourites right now are William and Elizabeth. DS was going to be Charlotte if he was a girl, but I don't love that choice anymore. Not sure why

I love classic names and popularity doesn't bother me, I just don't want anything trendy.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • For a girl, we are definitely decided on Deborah Joy!!

For a boy, we're not sure...maybe Miles Eric?  Or Eric James?  I think DH's favorite first name is Miles.  
  • We are 100% on our boy name: Landon Vance. Both are family names and I have always loved Landon. Thankfully, DH is in agreement with this. We have tossed around a few girl names. We like Araina, Aria, and Lana.
    I LOVE Landon. My husband with out reason has told me absolutely not. Super lame... Glad someone else will enjoy such an awesome strong, not too common, great name! :smiley:
  • My favourites right now are William and Elizabeth. DS was going to be Charlotte if he was a girl, but I don't love that choice anymore. Not sure why

I love classic names and popularity doesn't bother me, I just don't want anything trendy.
    Is it the whole princess thing? My DS would have been a Charlotte as well. Then the princess named her DD that and I was kind of turned off to the name.
  • vino831 said:
    My favourites right now are William and Elizabeth. DS was going to be Charlotte if he was a girl, but I don't love that choice anymore. Not sure why

Is it the whole princess thing? My DS would have been a Charlotte as well. Then the princess named her DD that and I was kind of turned off to the name.
    Yeah I think that might be part of it! It's still a beautiful name but I don't love it like I used to.
  • MsDemi6MsDemi6 member
    edited August 2016
    Here is my list: 

(Boys)

Noah

Sawyer

Finley

Elias

Silas

(Girls)

Fallon

Olive

Imogen

Harlow

Ruby (which is my grandmother's name that passed away about 11 years ago)

I was really crushing on the name Oliver for a boy (which is on my ticker) then I realized his name initials would be OD. I decided that may not be best for him. Haha!! Of course I am also reconsidering Olive as well but I love it sooooo very much. 

• I am a classic name fan all the way. My name was trendy at the time and my parents spelled it weird and I've always hated that. My first 3 have classic names and this one will too
  • @msdemi6 I love the name Olive.  I floated it past DH a while ago and he made a horrible face. Lol
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• If little bean is a girl, we had decided on Carolyn Leigh (or Lee) a long time ago. DH was really close to his grandmother Carol who passed at 99 a couple years ago. He actually also has an uncle named Lynn so that was a nice coincidence but I just like how Carolyn flows better. His dad's middle name and my mom's maiden is Lee so we could just straight do that or make it a little "girlier" and go with Leigh.

Boy names we have had a much harder time...seems like I always know someone who's named so and so, or who has a pet named the same name, or another kid named the same. I know, it's ridiculous and obviously there will be some duplication because we don't want something super trendy. Kind of liking Cooper but our last name ends in -er as well so it may be too rhyme-y. Other ideas have been Harrison or Cameron.
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsBinPA Mine gave me the same face! Haha!! 

• I love Alice for a girl and Easton for a boy, but we'll see. :)
  • @MsDemi6 A colleague has a 3yo Olive and it's such a cute name!
  • Having a really hard time coming up with names this time around.. We have some limitations due to family and preference. Everyone in hubbys family's name starts with a J and I don't want to be the person to break that tradition. I also don't like common names.. These 2 things put me in a predicament.. We aren't finding out what we are having so I have to have a girl and boy name picked out. 

I would like like to know your thoughts on the following names..  Girl: Jentry, Jersey, Jiana, Jemma... Boy: Judd, Jordy,

anyone want ant to through any J names that are not so common out there? I would love any input 
    I LOVE Jentry and Jemma! So cute for girls. Judd for a boy is amazing too. These are great names!

• Bok Bagok said:
    My daughters name is Penelope Rose, Penelope because we like it and Rose was my grandmothers name. For this next baby, a boy will be John Henrik. John is my husbands name and Henrik is some hockey player he likes, lol. I like the name and it makes him happy. If it's a girl she'll be named Juliana Morgan, Juliana was my husbands grandmothers name and Morgan is my maidian name :)
    Is it Henrik Zetterburg by chance? If so great pick!
    Or Henrik Lundqvist? My DS is Henry and my brother is a diehard baseball/Rangers fan, so he alternates between calling him Hank and Henrik.

Anyway, I know I'm late to this party, but DH and I still love Charlotte as well, although the MN is still open. DS would have been Charlotte Emilia had he been a girl, but DH isn't sold on Emilia anymore, and I just had a cousin name her daughter Amelia.

Oliver is definitely a top contender for a boy. We also like Benjamin and Theodore, and I like Sebastian (but DH said no :().
  • edited August 2016
    catrb89 said:
    Our boy's name would be Ezra Fionn. I've been getting shit from FIL who prefers a "stronger" male name like Jack. And yes, this is a conversation I suffered the day of our BFP. 
    We like it because the name because it's badass, and hubs has a relative with the name Ezekiel Fiorenzo, and another one Fiorenzo (not sure of his middle name). It's a great nod to his Italian heritage and he'll have the name initial EFL.

On the other hand, I'm kind of clueless about girl names. Which means, we're probably going to have a girl! lol
    I like Cassandra, Olivia, & Emilia. Possibly with the middle name Paige. 

Work in progress! (Un)fortunately, we have plenty of time to decide. 
    We got a lot of snarky comments when we named our son Ezra. DH's grandma was all like, "OMG what kind of a name is that?" My grandfather called him "Zebra" and my mom tried to be accepting by telling me she knows two women named "Ezrah"... Which if you knew her you'd know she's really against gender neutral anything...

plus it can obviously be a boy name. There's a book of the bible named after a dude named Ezra! I thought my Christian traditional family would get that. 

Anyway, they have all gotten used to it by now and WE LOVE IT! Our other son is Benjamin but I think Ezra's name is more badass!