December 2016 Moms

Weight Gain

I know everyone is different, but just curious how much everyone has gained so far. Im almost 22 weeks and have gained almost 20lbs.. Is that a lot?! 

thanks!

Re: Weight Gain

• Exactly what Sharkey said. Unless your doc had said they are concerned, don't worry.

But I will play along anyways: I have a history of not gaining weight in pregnancy so take this with a major pinch of salt - I have gained 6-8 lbs. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • sourlemonsourlemon member
    edited July 2016
    It's really irrelevant to compare weight gains...some people have lost weight, some have not seen the scale budge, and others have gained. Too many factors decide how much is too much (beginning weight, lifestyle, number of babies being grown, etc) which is why your doctor should be the only one telling you of its too little, just right, or too much. 

Ask your dr at the next appointment if you are concerned. We Internet strangers probably shouldn't begin to guess the answer for each other. 

Edit to spell right.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited July 2016
    I gained a total of 11lbs according to my provider (14lbs according to me because I know how much I weighed right before I got pregnant) at my 22 week appt. BUT I started out overweight. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• As PP have said, it varies tremendously. During both of my pregnancies I had very little appetite during the first tri and actually lost weight. At my 20 week appt I was back to my starting point. With my first pregnancy, I gained 26 lbs total after losing 6 during the first tri.

Check with your Dr. if you are concerned, but if they haven't mentioned it, I wouldn't be worried.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • whitneyp26whitneyp26 member
    edited July 2016
    It's all relative. I've only gained three lbs but I'm also almost as heavy as I was full term with my other three. So there's that lol 
  • Agreed with @Gizmo1231 and the modelesque @cjt121413. Regardless of how much weight I've gained, there is no comparison with anyone else. There's no schedule for weight gain in pregnancy, and I have very little control over what happens, regardless of my eating or exercise. My body is just going to do what it needs to do. Certainly check with your doctor if you have concerns but any comparisons to anybody else won't tell you anything other than the fact our bodies are different. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and I've gained 12 lbs 
  • I have officially gained 1 lb after losing 10 lbs due to severe morning sickness. This happened with my previous pregnancy and everything evened out in the end. I gained about 25 total pounds with my first pregnancy. Everyone is different and I just hate the "you are too small" comments. 
  • I am not trying to say anything about weight as a bad or a good thing. I was just asking to be curious. I don't know why people have to get defensive all the time and come back with "it doesn't matter" Of course it doesn't matter. I am an intelligent strong women and I am not trying to say one is better or worse. I just wanted to know like asking a baby name or if someone is having a boy or girl. Its all in good fun. 
  • I won't get all defensive, and like everyone else said 'everyone is different'. 
    My mom, sisters, and I, however, carry out babies very similarly. We gain a minimum of 50 lbs, with the majority of that gain in the last trimester. I'm pretty small, 5'3", usually wear size 6 or 8, and weigh about 130. 
    With my first, I gained 70 (alright, I ate like crap and didn't exercise, but also had pre-E and 40 of it was water retention.
    With my 2nd, I ate super healthy, not too much, and excercised every day! I gained 60. :/ again, 30 lbs was water retention.
    Unfortunatley, I've already gained about 20lbs, and I look like I did when I was 7 months pregnant with my other 2. So in other words, I'm pretty much SOL. :) oh well, my babies are big and healthy and that's the main point! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers