February 2017 Moms

What my Pregnant Self Is Eating 7/25

Sorry ladies, forgot to start this yesterday!

I keep craving chocolate and sweet tea, but can't eat them. Also, this pasta salad MIL makes. I broke down and asked for the recipe yesterday, and I'm not going to lie - it totally hit the spot today! 

Why does this baby like pasta salad with raw onions but not chocolate?
Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: What my Pregnant Self Is Eating 7/25

• I just had Pad Thai and white rice for lunch and it was sooooo good, but I'm still hungry.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • As mentioned in the symptoms thread, all the carbs and all the cheese! Pretzel bites with extra salt and cheese dip is my number one food obsession right now. But I'll also take buttered bread, mac & cheese, toast w/cream cheese and jam, muffins, cheesy mashed potatoes....you get the picture.

I am eating a muffin as I type this and plan to go get pretzel bites in about an hour :)

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited July 2016
    You guys are making me hungry!

+1 on the ice cream and also the sour cream cheddar chips.

Have you guys tried the Talenti gelato they sell at publix? They have a chocolate peanut butter cup flavor that will change your life.
  • @winchestergirl They sell Talenti at Target as well and I agree, it's SO GOOD!

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Like @scifichick09 I am basically just eating carbs and cheese! I wish I would crave something healthier for baby's sake but carbs always seem to help with the nausea. 

I was was also a huge sweets person pre-pregnancy, especially ice cream. And now I want nothing to do with them. 
  • Lurker but finally ready to start chiming in. 
    All I want is orange chicken, white rice and garlic veggies from my favorite Chinese place. Oh god I could eat it for lunch and dinner every day. Right now DH is restricting me to once every other week and it's killing me!

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• @BumpasaurusRex - I third the cheddar and sour cream chips....I am eating them right now, no joke. lol. Yum

• @lfrank12 I think we're pregnancy sisters. I used to be a chocolate FIEND pre pregnancy, but now I'm not interested in the least bit. I have a pile of M&M's at my desk that I just want to throw away because I know I'm not going to eat them now. I'd rather have cheese lol.

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• I've been craving a lot of chicken noodle soup with cheese and crackers.

also, alllll the sandwiches. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • VastraVastra member
    @concreteangell I was totally coming here to talk about soup! Two days in a row I've had spinach artichoke cheddar from a place near work, and pretty much every work day for the last month I've been having gazpacho from the same place. Great dose of veggies, nice cold soup and easy to suck down. Has anyone else really hated chewing lately? 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Vastra said:
    @concreteangell I was totally coming here to talk about soup! Two days in a row I've had spinach artichoke cheddar from a place near work, and pretty much every work day for the last month I've been having gazpacho from the same place. Great dose of veggies, nice cold soup and easy to suck down. Has anyone else really hated chewing lately? 
    Yes! I've hated chewing lol. Probably why I'm crazy about my soups. 

gazpacho actually sounds amazing. 
  • Cheese and crackers is still my go to. Also, white rice with butter and a tiny bit of sugar.  We ate it for breakfast sometimes when I was young and DH thinks I'm crazy.  Apparently his family had it for breakfast like cereal (i.e. floating in milk) or just as part of dinner.  

I've gotten so that sometimes I can handle sugar now, but most of the time I want it far far away.  Pizza can be pretty satisfying but it can go wrong very quickly.

• Vastra said:
    Yes! I've hated chewing lol. Probably why I'm crazy about my soups. 

gazpacho actually sounds amazing. 
    I had a cucumber Gazpacho from whole foods this weekend.  It was on point.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I may have to do gazpacho this week. Preferably tomorrow as I've already cooked a supper I don't care to eat tonight.....
  • cantalopes24cantalopes24 member
    edited July 2016
    Grilled cheese, watermelon, and chocolate milk.
  • My mil made a kale salad with a vinegar Dijon mustard sauce topped with pecans and dried cranberries. It was amazing! I ate two bowls of it and am dreaming of more...
  • VastraVastra member
    mjsommer said:
    My mil made a kale salad with a vinegar Dijon mustard sauce topped with pecans and dried cranberries. It was amazing! I ate two bowls of it and am dreaming of more...
    Sounds very similar to the kale/apple/almond salad I keep making. I could eat my weight in it, but at this point DH may be ready to throw it out the window! 

Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Ditto on the carbs, carbs, and more carbs!!! Chips and fruit and chocolate. 
  • What I wouldn't give for a Caesar salad and some king crab legs. On a more realistic note, donuts and toasted English muffins with scallion cream cheese. 

• Pretzels dipped in garden veggie cream cheese.... Delightful!
  • All the carbs & cheeses.  I've been having a cheese quesadilla almost every single day after work.  And, without the option of lunch meat, there have been a lot of veggie, hummus and cheese sandwiches from one of my favorite lunch places, Loafers.  And, of course, a small scoop of ice cream most nights.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ham, all of the ham!
  • I have been really wanting deli subs the whole time so far and have been indulging occasionally. But this week I have been desperate for mashed potatoes and gravy and canteloupe(not together) 
    I have discovered the magic that is packets to make brown gravy as before I had only made it homemade. Not amazing, but definitely hits the spot. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @lct2008 - OMG did you just say mashed potatoes? Can i have some too please? :smile:

• @BlondePeanut yes! Seriously so good! Homemade, kfcs. I haven't been picky. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @lct2008 - Me either! Truly homemade, boxed instant mash, Popeyes or Hen house (this little chicken and taters place a town over). As long as its potatoes! lol
  • L JaneL Jane member
    I've actually been craving relatively healthy things. Oatmeal w fresh blueberries and strawberries hits the spot for breakfast. I've been eating a lot of scrambled eggs, toast, waffles... For lunch. 

All 3 of my kids have July birthdays so I'm coming off a month of birthday cakes. I'll be happy if I don't see cake for a little while!

oh, also been loving the peanut butter & jelly that come together. I eat it with a spoon. 
  • All the cheese and crackers lately. I've become hooked on the smoked gouda my work sells. Damn it for being so expensive though.
    I will say I've been craving the HELL out of Chex Mix though, but I live in Canada and they don't sell it here. I think I found it once at Walmart or a gas station or something, but I haven't come across it since. I checked about buying it online, one of the cheapest prices - $14.50CAN. a BAG ;_;
  • I'm so ashamed of my diet! I can't bare to cook. Nothing is appealing, I crave nothing, I hate everything...but I still keep eating.  Carbs only of course. Bagels with cream cheese, ravioli, fruit, oh and pita pizza. My husband brings me a pita pizza for lunch like 3 days a week. The shame!
  • @Eveinshock I totally feel the same way. I can't even get myself to eat healthy things like a salad right now. My midwife told me to focus on what I can actually eat and keep down vs. the nutrition at this point. I'm hoping in second trimester I can eat better!
  • Partyof6?Partyof6? member
    edited July 2016
    Carbs, cheese and crackers and more carbs.   But also, restaurant salads!   Mmmmm, lots of cheese, croutons and house Italian dressing.   

Also, I went to the store yesterday and took this picture of my cart before I hit the middle of the store.  Can you say 1st Trimester?  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Damn those pretzels look good...

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Glad I'm not alone on the carbs! That's all I want to eat and it's awful. I'm generally a healthy person and try to "eat the rainbow" at each meal and really read ingredients in my foods. But all I want to do is eat bagels and cream cheese and pizza! I'm trying to get myself to eat some salad by throwing some fruit and hand-breaded chicken on them but they don't beat buffalo chicken pizza....
  • I'm super jealous of all you ladies enjoying cheese. Normally dairy and I are BFFs, but right now it's not happening. I actually scraped cream cheese off a bagel last week. Sacrilege! 
  • Would anyone be willing to share some things that have been MS friendly for you, but are higher cal? I have not been able to keep a lot down, and at my appointment they told me I lost just over five pounds in 4 weeks.

I want to up my calories but nothing sounds good or wants to stay down. I have had a lot of French fries (they have stayed down lately and that is all I care ATM), and obviously bread and graham crackers. Any other ideas? Help!
  • For dinner I am having a banana, strawberry, chocolate milk smoothie because that's all that appealing to me.
  • Babymakes5!Babymakes5! member
    edited August 2016
    Would anyone be willing to share some things that have been MS friendly for you, but are higher cal? I have not been able to keep a lot down, and at my appointment they told me I lost just over five pounds in 4 weeks.

I want to up my calories but nothing sounds good or wants to stay down. I have had a lot of French fries (they have stayed down lately and that is all I care ATM), and obviously bread and graham crackers. Any other ideas? Help!
    On my bad day I don't attempt anything more than buttered toast and soup. 

Eta my dad made me grilled cheese and vegetable soup last week, he came to my house because I was sick and he wanted to do something dadly lol and it actually was wonderful
  • @Babymakes5! Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. I've been trying so hard and some days it just doesn't happen. On good days I can get two small meals and some small graham crackers throughout the day... today was just toast.