Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday

Anything got you making a face like this today? 

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • I had to go read to see what you guys were talking about and all I can say is huh? We've had some drive-bys the last 2-3 days but it's not like the board is "cluttered". People are more polite on average to the drive-bys but there is still some flaming. I only started lurking in late March but really, not much has changed since then. 
  • @MonaLisaRalphio I'm Not trying to start a fight. I was expressing What I thought was going on and if you want to tell people what you are thinking, My opinion is go for it. People here are saying they don't get what the comments are about so I took a stab at it. It has just come up quite a bit recently and everyone keeps dodging it. 
  • MandyBeeSLPMandyBeeSLP member
    edited August 2016
    The board is different. I was extremely active starting in June 2015-November-ish 2015 and then I stopped TB altogether in January 2016 and came back in June this year. I think changes are inevitable with changes in personalities but in comparison to when I was first bumping there's a lot less snark and a whole lot less flaming in general.  

As far as whether the change is good, bad or indifferent I'd say is very individual. I disagree that it's all sunshine and rainbows like on other sites, though. 

Edited for clarity and edited again for accuracy. (I was going to say we were crossing a line by legitimizing certain TOU breaking posts but on re-reading I realized I had mis-remembered it)
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• *snip* 

This place used to feel like refuge for us. It was organized in a way that made us feel safe. Meaning we didn't have to worry about seeing things we didn't want to in places we didn't want to see them. We knew how to interact and where to interact, and we all formed genuine relationships with one another. And we kept it this way by making sure we allllll not only sought out advice but offered it.

*snip*
    (Genuine Q, not trying to start anything or be snarky) what do you mean by this paragraph? I thought with the new check-ins and format it was supposed to help with this issue of being blindsided by things you weren't expecting in a particular thread. Is it a TW issue for dailys or the drive by pee sticks? Am I completely off here? 
  • @AliciaGoose To me, there is a huge difference between the lack of snark being boring vs making members feel isolated/unsupported. I had no idea. 

• @AliciaGoose I appreciate your thoughts and feelings about this all. I didn't intend to cause a rift between old regs, regs who are still here, and the newbs. I just wanted to kind of understand what the big difference was between now and a couple of months ago. Other than the snark for the drive bys (which I personally loved to read, but never participated in), are there any other major community changes? Has the atmosphere in the WTO/TWW changed significantly? Are there not as many random GTKY type threads? Again, just trying to get a grasp on what has changed. It actually makes me a bit sad that you do not feel as comfortable here as you used to be. 

And yes, @MonaLisaRalphio, go ahead and share your input. Or maybe, it might be better for a private message if everyone else doesn't want to read it....???
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Neikoda said:
    **Lurker warning**

For those that disregarded the TOU and the culture of the board, they were not openly accepted at first. They got flamed and were told to read the rules, lurk and then join in the boards when they were ready. If they chose to apologize and own up to their mistake, they were given the opportunity to join the board. Many of our regular members were rebounded individuals from TOU violations. We did not think every drive by poster was to be showered in support and did not tolerate constant violations. People learned from their mistakes and the board stayed clean. 

Nah, I disagree with this. There is no increase or decrease because the people making those ignorant posts are new and don't learn from other people's past mistakes. Drive-by's, HPTs and "Am I totes preggers" posts come in waves but they aren't more or less of a problem than they used to be. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• TW lurker

MelissaM090 said:
    I don't begrudge ANYONE the opportunity to feel like TTC is this super fun journey that they get to be on for a couple of months before their inevitable BFP, but it's not where I am.
    So to me, the question is, "How can this board be a place for people who are in all different places in their TTC journey (but regardless have a desire to connect and build a community)--from those who are in their first few cycles to those who've gone through a lot while TTC over months or years?"
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• This is reminding me of a post maybe a month or so ago where "regular" was discussed and it turned into more of a pain olymics type of thing. Some felt that a member shouldn't post a BFP if they haven't been trying for X number of months and others felt length of time didn't matter but quality of posts did. As a newb I've been trying to make an effort to connect and do more than just check-in most days. I also know that pain of loss or the pain of 'why me' never goes away in life. It just becomes easier to ignore. There will be days that are harder than others but what makes this community great is that if you're having a bad day, the women here will respond with support. Always.