February 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (8/3)

Posting early because I can't sleep!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (8/3)

• Can't sleep, either! Thank you! 

How far along are you? 13w+3

How big is baby? A peach, I think

Appointments this week? No

Symptom changes? Nausea is better.  Post concussion headaches are worse.  Diarrhea got a little better.  I think that's why headaches are worse.  Might be dehydrated. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Meh. I think I raved enough yesterday.  Thank toy for listening to me!

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Ok don't hate me. But seriously, out of all the shitty reality shows out there, I think this is the most decent.  The girls are actually quite smart and they care about each other.  There's no cat-fighting. And I love just watching their luxurious lifestyle.  

• 14 weeks! I think I'm officially part of the 2nd trimester club across all informational resources! 

A peach. 

None this week. 

Peeing uncontrollably and more headaches. 

I can't sleep at night. I'm literally up every hour. It sucks. 

I do like KUWTK too! It's like a train wreck. 
  • Loading the player...
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited August 2016
    How far along are you? 
    15 weeks ( i need to change my ticker at some point with my new due date)

How big is baby? 
    apple

Appointments this week? 

Symptom changes? Heart burn, I have to eat slowly and walk around after I eat dinner to help with it. I feel like I need to pee all the time. And sleep is getting harder because I get uncomfortable faster. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Yesterday I started school again, getting my classroom in order, kids will be coming back next week. My classroom is soo hot. We have no air conditioning it gets above 100 in our area. The only good news is it is dry heat. I just bought a swamp cooler off of amazon when I got home. I am soo worried about being in the heat all day and pregnant because no matter how much water I drink, it does not help. 

I really hate reality tv, I mean hate it. The closest to watching reality tv would be things on HGTV, so watching home improvement shows, flipping shows, and house hunters. I can watch those shows all the time, infact I do... :) 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • How far along are you? 12 weeks :)

How big is baby? A plum!

Appointments this week? 12 week appointment on Friday.

Symptom changes? I got really dizzy at work yesterday, that was a new one.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Not this week.

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? I don't really have one. I'll usually choose a sitcom series over reality tv.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How far along are you? 13weeks today!!

How big is baby? A lemon

Appointments this week? None, but i gotta call and make an appt with radiology they need to see where my placenta is at. 

Symptom changes? MS is going down, and tired, and irritated 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope. 

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? Food network. Any of those shows or hgtv
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks!

How big is baby? Size of a lime, but you know a small lime.  Though FF tracker and the Bump seem to disagree on how small, they also disagree on when the first tri ends so whatever.

Appointments this week? Nope, it's actually my first week without an appointment in like a month, I go back on August 16th.

Symptom changes? Not really, though the gas is new and real.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I left for work like 20 minutes later then I normally do (which is fine cause normally I get to work like 45 minutes earlier then I need to) but I still got here the same time as usual.  I have no idea how that happened.

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? This might be more of a FFFC but I love Dance Moms.  I've seen the first 3 seasons about 80 times each.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Key lime

Appointments this week? Nope... still a little less than two weeks until the NT scan.  I'm getting impatient.

Symptom changes? Much, much more dizziness the last several days.  It's a real pain.  The stuffy nose had settled down a little, but it's really back with a vengeance now.  Appetite has slowed pretty considerably.  Other than that, I feel pretty normal.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm still about the same weight I was before getting KU, but the bloat is unreal.  By the end of the day, I look 6 months pregnant.  This is getting less cute by the day.

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? Teen Mom!
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Lego Mini-figure (kind of wondering how a lego mini figure is bigger than a golden snitch?)

Appointments this week? none until Week 14

Symptom changes? no changes really

Rant/Rave/Questions? Well yesterday my problem was not getting enough to drink so I've started setting a timer for 5 minutes and I take a sip every 5 minutes and that seems to be helping. Now I'm worried I'm not getting enough to eat. I'm just so nauseous. I'm trying to eat small amounts every couple of hours but it's so hard when I feel so sick. So far today is going OK but it gets worse as the day goes on. I feel ya @MonaLisaRalphio my weight is going down but by the end of the day I look very pregnant and it's not cute!

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? Does Master Chef Junior count? Actual master chef is kind of annoying but when it's the little kids cooking these insane dishes it's amazing! I don't really watch other reality TV though I do love some HGTV! My favorite is Property Brothers. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• How far along are you? 
    12 weeks. I feel like it's been longer than that.

How big is baby? 
    A roborovski hamster. Squeee!

Appointments this week? 
    Nope. Just got called yesterday with the Panorama results. Everything looks fine and it's a GIRL! Wooo!

Symptom changes? 
    No real symptoms (except that I get slightly nauseous instead of hungry if I don't eat for more than 4 hours), but symptoms have all but disappeared for the past 2 weeks or so.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I don't know how the less impatient mothers do it. Now that science has given us the NIPT and hi-res US and the home doppler and whatnot, I find myself wishing for a home imaging system. I would have been a ball of nerves 20 years ago with all the lack of amazing medical advances. I should probably book myself a mindfulness or meditation seminar.

Jersey shore. Soooo guilty. But the eyerolling I got in was a workout in itself, right? Right?

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? A Key Lime

Appointments this week? Friday: Genetic testing blood draw and four week check-in

Symptom changes? Nausea is now happening when I do eat something instead of when I let myself get hungry...  Thinking this is worse somehow.  But, my level of tiredness is getting better.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm still in hide the belly mode.  Today's outfit is a full skirt (pulled up over the belly) with a tank top and flowy cardigan...  Right before I left for work, my husband told me that the outfit makes me look huge and that I should change to something fitted on top.  I wanted to punch him...  I don't think he understands how alien by body already feels.  I definitely don't want to show off my belly till 1. it doesn't just look like I put on 10 lbs and 2. everyone at work knows what's up.

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? Sister Wives...  It almost fills the hole left in my heart from when Big Love went off the air.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 14 weeks

Peach

Had one Monday. Got a referral to see a high risk doctor in 2 weeks.

No real changes

I find myself in a dilemma. My pain is so out of control that I have to take large amounts of Tylenol per day, and got a referral to start a steroid drug (which does cross the placenta so I will have to be closely monitored). I know that my pain is severely affected by my job. So while I really don't want to quit my job, I also don't want to start this steroid drug and I would like to be taking far less Tylenol. What would you do? Quit and take less medicine? Or keep the job because you trust the doctors that all the medicine is safe?

• How far along are you?
    10weeks

How big is baby? 
    a strawberry!

Symptom changes?
    cravings for salty foods! Hot Cheetos, pickles, mozerrella sticks. My sense of smell has heighten, omg I smell things I really don't to smell, I wish ti could turn that sense off!

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    started my new job this week and I LOVE it! From busy hospital to office job. 

Food network shows!! Like cutthroat kitchen recently I've been bingeing on Netflix. Anyone else?? 

@GlitterDragon
    im assuming you've already talked to your work to see if the can adjust your workload? I'm sorry you're going through this :( that's a tough decision. Do you have enough support to be able to quit your.job? 
  • edited August 2016
    How far along are you? 
    13 Weeks

How big is baby? 
    A lemon

Appointments this week? 
    NST Scan @ 3
    I had my pregnancy physical yesterday 

Symptom changes? 
    I have a vericose vein on my lady bits - which explains the random pains I've been having got weeks. I'm fairly upset that this can even be a thing!

Good news my midwife agreed it sounds like I am more Hypoglycemic then diabetic. So I can do a week of at home BS tests and as long as they look good we will wait and do that again at 26 weeks!

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I got hear babies HB yesterday.
    <3 nothing quite so magical!

Currently stalking Tula B/S/T sites...

Any of the Alaska wilderness or homestead shows.
  • How far along are you? 
    11 Weeks!

How big is baby? 
    Small Lime :)

Appointments this week? 
    I had my 2nd OB visit yesterday, saw the baby and a heartbeat

Symptom changes? 
    Less nausea, more heartburn. Also the bloat is real these days

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    So excited to almost be out of the first tri! 

Anything from HGTV and Chopped
  • 14 weeks

Peach

Had one Monday. Got a referral to see a high risk doctor in 2 weeks.

No real changes

I find myself in a dilemma. My pain is so out of control that I have to take large amounts of Tylenol per day, and got a referral to start a steroid drug (which does cross the placenta so I will have to be closely monitored). I know that my pain is severely affected by my job. So while I really don't want to quit my job, I also don't want to start this steroid drug and I would like to be taking far less Tylenol. What would you do? Quit and take less medicine? Or keep the job because you trust the doctors that all the medicine is safe?
    @GlitterDragon What kind of pain are you in and what kind of job do you? Sorry I haven't kept up with your story.
    I too am considered high risk. I just finished my 12 day round of steroids for my concussion. This was a month after I did a 5 day round of steroids for my asthma. I'm also 14w. I had no choice, especially with the asthma. The doctor told me it's more dangerous for me to not be getting enough oxygen. They say the risk is higher if you have to take the steroids long term. How long will you be on them for?
    Also, could you let me know what they do at the high risk appointment? I'm supposed to have one later in the month, too. And I'm curious what they do.

• @edelat11 @afkash thanks for your response! unfortunately my work load is really non adjustable. I have a severe form of arthritis and my job requires me to be on my feet doing a lot of knife work for 8 hours. (It's completely fine for me when not pregnant). My savings is ok and my SO still works so money wouldn't be a terrible issue. Not great, but we could make it. I by no means am taking this lightly, but it does feel like if I quit my work then I wouldn't have to take all these pills and would ultimately do much better for my kiddo. 
    @afkash I totally understand your situation didn't leave you any choice and sounds like you did exactly the right thing for your health. My last high risk appointment she just talked to me about my history, possible pain management, and then did an ultrasound. 
  • krobkrob member
    12 weeks

Plum or Toy Soldier

Met new OB yesterday everything went well and I really like her, although I still would prefer my original Doctor. Had NT, finger prick and Verifi test today. NT ultrasound was great. The tech was kinda going crazy over how cute she thought our LO was. She printed like 12pics, but told us to hide them because she's only supposed to give us 3-4. I think baby was just in perfect position so images were picture perfect. Looking forward to getting results and then spilling the beans to everyone else. 

Same ol and everyone else. Seems like the rotate from day to day, nausea, diharrea, headaches, fatigue. Think I'm done with one, another shows up, that one goes away then the original comes back. Vicious cycle. 

Excited to know sex so I can get Hubby to really focus on a name. Right now he refuses. LOL

RHONY, RHOA I seem to like the ones no one else likes. I hate OC, Bev Hills, Jersey and Dallas just seemed ridiculous. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • How far along are you? 12 weeks

How big is baby? Plum/passionfruit

Appointments this week? NT Scan on Monday - results looked good; 12 week OB appt on Friday. So excited to see LO two times in one week! 

Symptom changes? Food aversion went from evening to morning, my body hates water that isn't ice cold (thank you camelbak for your insulated bottles and keeping my water ice cold all night long), dizziness and headaches have started ramping up. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? None really...

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? KUWTK is one of my guilty pleasures that DH doesn't even know about. I LOVE when he travels and I can indulge! 
  • How far along are you? 10/11 weeks.. still waiting for next ultrasound to confirm

How big is baby? Somewhere between a strawberry & a key lime.

Appointments this week? Nope.

Symptom changes? No big changes. Nausea really ramped up to vomiting multiple times a day, but the last day has been manageable. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I really need to pin down a pregnancy facial routine. My facewash.moisturizer combo isn't helping with the dry skin. 

GTKY: What is your reality tv guilty pleasure? Teen Mom OG & Teen Mom 2- watching OG as we speak.  :#
  • @GlitterDragon wishing you the best in whatever option you choose. The important part is to keep you and baby healthy and happy. <3