June 2015 Moms
Options

Tips on recovering from labor & increasing milk supply

For any moms who still reply to this board, any tips for a faster recovery & increasing milk supply? I'm due with #3 in Dec and have had such a hard time with both in those areas. Wondering what I can do to help now and after?

Re: Tips on recovering from labor & increasing milk supply

• Options
    If I were having another one, I think I would be pumping from the minute we got home in order to build a substantial freezer stash.  I think that would have saved me many of nights of having to wake and pump for 10 months or so.  
  • Options
    I encapsulated my placenta and it really helped my recovery quickly! As far as increasing your milk supply I'd start pumping immediately and drinking a Gatorade every day. Good luck with number 3! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG I did that too, I ate my placenta! As for the milk, a hospital grade pump works wonders to help establish supply. 
  • Options
    I encapsulated my placenta and it really helped my recovery quickly! As far as increasing your milk supply I'd start pumping immediately and drinking a Gatorade every day. Good luck with number 3! 
    I've been looking into this! I'm definitely interested in learning more.
  • Options
    Definitely start pumping right away...I think I started a couple of days after I got home.  I think next time I will rent a hospital grade pump...I had no issues with my Medela at the beginning, and no supply issues really (I had oversupply early on but was able to regulate it after I felt that my freezer stash was in good shape), but between 8.5 and 11 months PP I had mastitis THREE TIMES.  I blame that stupid pump because at that point I was only nursing DD twice a day and pumping the rest of the time.  Next time I want a hospital grade to leave at work (which is where I'd use it most).