October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 08.01.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 08.01.2016

• @emmaaa I've been feeling that way too. As much as I want it, I usually don't feel very wet and I'm sore for at least a day after. But DH says I feel wetter than ever. Probably a hormone thing??

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @annabenanna I feel exactly the same way.  He's spent most of the day Sunday trying to get things going. I eventually gave in, but I feel too disgusting to enjoy it. I miss getting drunk with my husband too.  When our son visits his grandparents, we like to go to a bar, drink, and flirt with each other.   My son is 10 and loves staying with his grandparents, but I know I'll be reluctant to leave the new little one for awhile.   Makes me a little sad
  • Loading the player...
  • LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited August 2016
    I'm all in for the curtesy sex - hubby knows it too (this is probably one of the few times I'm thankful he's quick).  I try to get into it, but nope.  And I really only get myself off now to try to have a better sleep so there is no romance in that, just quick and dirty.

Though every time I have sex now, especially if baby is kicking, I can't help but think of @AllyTheKid when you said your FI threatens to "hit him back" lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Ugh so I have been busy and I'm finally getting around to being crafty. I wanted to make a mobile but I couldn't find the crystals I was looking for. I texted my mom who is super crafty to ask where I could get them. She said oh well I was going to make that for you. Cool, that was the thing I was least looking forward to making anyways. So I sent her pics of the other crafts I plan on doing and she's like "oh I made that for you already, and I made that for you akready" and sent me pics. While I'm thankful, I really like the stuff I bought better for the project I wanted to do. 
  • You guys, there's a class offered at a hospital near us called "Surviving the first 6 weeks" Here's the description:

Overview:
     Parenting a newborn is exciting, anxiety producing and exhausting. The period of adjusting your family to baby can be overwhelming and filled with uncertainty. This workshop helps to prepare parents for what to expect the first six weeks and a plan to help you “survive” and have a happy and healthy adjustment.

It's $45 for DH and I to go and it takes up an evening we could just be chilling.... do you think this is necessary?  BTDT moms, without knowing how good the content of this class is, would you say you would have benefitted from a class like this?

• @annabenanna That is a very accurate description of the newborn phase with the first baby. I think I would have spent a lot less time crying about things if I had some information taught to me before she came. I constantly looked things up because I freaked out over everything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @annabenanna- it sounds like it's almost just a baby 101 type class. I'd maybe call and ask about what types of things they teach during th class to see if it's worth your time 
  • bnsmith85 said:
    @annabenanna- it sounds like it's almost just a baby 101 type class. I'd maybe call and ask about what types of things they teach during th class to see if it's worth your time 
    I agree with this. It could easily be "changing a diaper 101". 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @amye102485 @annabenanna thanks! It really is a nice relief and it isn't as expensive as I originally thought which makes it better. 

I'm in the absolutely no sex drive camp. It sucks. I know it's one of the reasons my husband is more on edge with me then normal but I seriously can not even muster the curtesy. One of my problems is that I don't like the positions we can do with my belly. He's happy with them but I just don't like them. And this may sound strange but when I get pent up sexually, that's when the sex dreams come out but since pregnancy dreams are super vivid, it actually makes me wake up and be like 'yup that worked'.  :# 

poor husband... 
  • @bnsmith85 @MRSCORKER this is my fear...that it's jsut a repeat of Newborn 101 care...which we are already taking.

@amye102485, I woudl love to arm myself with all the knowledge possible... but i do wonder what they'll teach in this class:

1.)  Be prepared to wash mesh undies and prepare to get blood on stuff everywhere.
    2.)  You will cry if your pet looks at you because you feel so guilty you don't have time for them.

Like I wanna know what they'll actually teach. LOL.  So I may just call them!
  • MRSCORKER said:
    bnsmith85 said:
    @annabenanna- it sounds like it's almost just a baby 101 type class. I'd maybe call and ask about what types of things they teach during th class to see if it's worth your time 
    I agree with this. It could easily be "changing a diaper 101". 
    I agree as well, because even though I'm a FTM so what the hell do I know, we all know that each baby is different so what might work for one won't necessarily work for yours, and you don't want to cause extra stress because something they suggestion isn't working and you can't figure out why.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• bnsmith85 said:
    +1. I don't think anything can truly prepare you for the first 3 months of new baby. In my experience you just have to survive it and know it will get better soon.
  • Count me in for the nonexistent sex drive - but mine has been the entire pregnancy.  Courtesy sex always ends up being really good for me, but it's difficult for me to convince myself of that before we start.  And my husband commented today that we timed this wrong since his birthday is early November and my due date is early October (exactly one month before his birthday) - I'll still be in the six week post-birth window.  I feel guilty, but we both knew what we were getting into since this is exactly how I felt last pregnancy.
  • bnsmith85 said:
    +1. I don't think anything can truly prepare you for the first 3 months of new baby. In my experience you just have to survive it and know it will get better soon.
    Alright ladies, I think I have my answer. Ill skip this class, and just read as much as I can.  and hope for the best!
  • F47F47 member
    To keep things truly random around here, does anyone have breast implants? 

I'm considering looking into it after this second (and last for us) baby. And, while I know Google is my friend, I thought why not pose the question here. 

I'm totally clueless on the subject. Do you have to have "upkeep" surgery every 5-10 years? Because, that's not ideal. 
  • I feel bad for DH and just as bad for myself - we've been on pelvic rest since 19 weeks due to placenta previa:(  We finally have a follow up u/s next week to see if the placenta moved up. Seriously crossing my fingers. The dreams are great, but so not the same!

I'll be following the implant discussion- not going to lie I'm really thinking about them too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I just realized that I could practically be a Luv's commericial. First baby: we didn't let dd out of the house except for Drs appts and we severely limited people who could come over (which was basically just immediate family). Second baby: my first would be so bummed if she couldn't go trick or treating so 2-3 weeks after baby is born it's looking like we'll be trick or treating. 

Oh well! 
  • @F47 I don't have them but I can ask my cousin - she got them after her second cause she went back to flat!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• F47F47 member
    @laurapcos Haha, I can look into it, too. My poor boobs just didn't handle breastfeeding well. I mean, I loved breastfeeding my baby, and I'm definitely doing it again this time. And, it's beautiful and natural and yadda, yadda, yadda. But, I miss my boobs. lol
  • Have any of you had any luck with plus size maternity bathing suits? As if finding swimwear wasn't hard enough.
  • F47 said:

I'm considering looking into it after this second (and last for us) baby. And, while I know Google is my friend, I thought why not pose the question here. 

I'm totally clueless on the subject. Do you have to have "upkeep" surgery every 5-10 years? Because, that's not ideal. 
    @f47, there's actually a package from a well known surgeon here in San Diego called the "mommy makeover" lol. He will do:

1. A tummy tuck
    2. A few stitches to make you feel like a Virgin again down there
    3. A boob job.

And yes I looked into it. Ha. But I think I'll only want to avail of #1 and #3. 
  • @NicholeL16 I didn't even try. I wear my bra and cami on top and my normal swim skirt bottoms pushed down under my bump. My bump hangs out a bit, but I'm pregnant so who cares. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• F47 said:

I've never heard of needing to have upkeep surgery every 5-10 years, and live in LA... land of plastic. My best friend has had implants for about 5 years and they still look fabulous. No plans for upkeep surgery. I am on the opposite of the spectrum... my boobs are giant, so as soon as we're done having kids I plan on having a reduction and lift.
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • F47 said:

I've never heard of needing to have upkeep surgery every 5-10 years, and live in LA... land of plastic. My best friend has had implants for about 5 years and they still look fabulous. No plans for upkeep surgery. I am on the opposite of the spectrum... my boobs are giant, so as soon as we're done having kids I plan on having a reduction and lift.
    I can't do a reduction because if I do, my shoulders will look huge. Lol. But I definitely plan to have a lift. I've been planning that since I was 23 and lost my 80lbs. My DDs sagged bad after that weight loss.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @NicholeL16 I've been wearing one for about 3 years :-P I have a maternity tankini halter top that I've had because they're longer than regular bathing suits. I only really wear it to my mom's pool, so I won't worry too much if I start hanging out at the bottom by the end of summer. I've been wearing my old bottoms, sitting underneath of the bump. 
  • F47F47 member
    @annabenanna The Mommy Makeover - ha! And, you're right, #2 won't be necessary. We're designed to stretch down there and push out a human. At least for me, everything went back to "normal." DH doesn't notice a difference. 

Also, I've heard a few horror stories of that kind of surgery going wrong and everything becoming too tight, making it so that the woman can never have sex comfortably again. *shudders*
  • @NicholeL16 I bought a plus size maternity tankini early in my pregnancy and I love it.  The straps on the back are adjustable (in an X form or normal bra like straps) which works cause I wasn't blessed with plus size boobs, just a plus size stomach and ass!  The tankini goes longer like Ashley said, and the bottoms are super comfie.  I'll definitely be wearing it after pregnancy too.

I wanted breast implants when I was younger, but I'm a yo-yo dieter and I was told not to get them until I'm a weight I'm happy with or else the constant gaining and losing weight can change how they look.  Ya I never got there, now I don't care.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @nicholel16 I got mine at kohls and it's so comfy!! shipping is quick too
  • F47 said:

I've heard of upkeep... The number of years I remember hearing was 10. People don't really talk about it, but all those horror stories you hear about them pulling out gross implants are from when people don't do the upkeep. I'd expect 10 years for replacement (max) but really, a surgeon should advise you on exacts.
  • I have not been blessed with bigger boobs this pregnancy. Still holding out hope they'll get bigger with breast feeding. I've wanted implants for years and will likely do it when we're done with kids, but that won't be for another 5+ years :(.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • @MorganL925 When that milk comes in, you're bound to get some extra boob! 
  • @morganl925 Mine are bigger, but they haven't grown proportionally to my tummy, so they don't look any bigger.  But, as @AllyTheKid said, they did get bigger and look bigger when I was breastfeeding. They were especially big in the morning around the six months postpartum point where I'd lost the baby weight but my son was still nursing for 30-40 minutes at a time but only waking up to nurse once or twice a night.
  • I was supposed to hold and be in charge of a meeting for work tomorrow immediately after my MFM ultrasound, but when I sent the reminder email out today a bunch of people who had originally said they could come to the meeting now can't. So I just cancelled it. I'm slightly annoyed that I won't get a free lunch out of it tomorrow, but I'm super excited I won't actually have to do anything after my ultrasound. Wootwoot!

Pregnancy Ticker

• My bewbs haven't grown much, at all. I was a small D cup before and now I'm a fuller D cup. I'm totally cool with that from a cosmetic point of view. I have zero desire to be larger. But it does make me concerned that I won't be able to BF. Is that dumb? All of my apps say they should be larger AND leaking. Mine aren't larger OR leaking. :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 I'm only ever so slightly larger and not leaking at all either! I've also been reading about how I should be leaking.... is this something that everyone should be doing? Or is it just a symptom some women have?

Pregnancy Ticker

• @NoraAurora, good point on the lifting and carrying.... hmmm, that means I'll probably have to get boobs done 3-4 years from now?  Damn that's a long time. 

@F47, aaaaaaah, now I've got that sensation in my brain of what it feels like to get your hymen torn apart again like the first time.  Eeeeeeee.  Yeah, I'll pass on #2.