Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Feeling Frustrated: CD 45, No AF, All negative HPTs

Hey everyone. Feeling a little frustrated and confused. DH and I have been trying for 7 months. My cycles are normally 30-32 days long, and I've never skipped or been late on AF. This month I'm on CD 45 and still no sign of AF. I've taken 4 HPTs and all of them have been negative. Not sure when I ovulated this month, as we weren't really paying too much attention to that this cycle. Is it possible that I'll still get a positive test, or should I just assume I'm not pregnant, skipped a cycle, and wait til next month?

Re: Feeling Frustrated: CD 45, No AF, All negative HPTs

• Options
    catem07catem07 member
    edited July 2016
    You may not have ovulated yet, or may have ovulated in the last ~14 days and your period will come soon. A common refrain around here is "You're regular until you're not." If you go 60 days without a period and without a positive HPT, call your dr. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options

Oh man... this was me last month!  I feel your pain, it's frustrating.  I would maybe just assume you're not pregnant, that way you don't get your hopes up. 

When this happened to me last month, my doctor told me that sometimes maybe the egg was fertilized, but wasn't viable (? something like that - she said that it would have happened so quickly that you wouldn't even know you were pregnant).  Anyways she says this may cause missed periods, and can be a normal thing to happen.  I got my period 2 days later.... phew!  I was getting tired of the waiting game.

Don't get discouraged!  I hope you get your period soon and can get back to baby making :)

Jenna (27), DH: Jeremy (27)
    Married June 2014
    Baby Maya due June 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A negative pregnancy test equals not pregnant at this time. You probably ovulated later or have yet too. There's no way of knowing if you didn't track. You're regular until you're not. You may even be having an anovulatory cycle.  I know it is frustrating but you'll just have to wait it out. As @yaeger07 said,  seek out a doctor if it has been 60 days or longer.
  • Options
    I had a similar experience last month... AF eventually came. It is frustrating, but it's just one of those things.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Exact same thing last cycle for me. Im usually 32-35 day cycles. It finally ended today at cd62. With O being cd49. I agree with all pp. Your normal till your not. 
    **TW**
    Me: 31 / DH: 37
    Married: November 2015
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    MC: New Years Eve 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f14a1

• Options
    Oh hi! We're in the exact same boat. My cycles are usually 27-33 days long and I'm not on CD45 with BFNs and no period. Although the no period part is pretty expected since I'm only 11DPO.

Unfortunately BFNs mean neither of us are pregnant at this time.

I'd say it's best to assume you ovulated later than normal, or didn't ovulate this cycle, and you're not pregnant.

The previous posters gave you great advice: when you get to 60+ days without a period or positive call your doctor.

Hopefully next cycle isn't so long!
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That was me a cycle or two back.  I'm sorry you're dealing with that, it's so frustrating.  My cycle ended on day 57.  It was just a weird one-off.  Others gave great advice, I just wanted to say sorry because it's really frustrating.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    virginiaham Sorry I didn't mean to imply that's what happened.  I was just repeating what my doctor told me.  I hope all your doctors are better than mine.  I went in at CD 51 and she said that I shouldn't be coming in unless I've missed 3 periods in a row... honestly, I don't know how anyone TTC can miss 3 periods in a row (especially when cycles are usually regular) and not feel like they need to be seen. 

Married June 2014
    Baby Maya due June 2017

• Options
    virginiaham Sorry I didn't mean to imply that's what happened.  I was just repeating what my doctor told me.  I hope all your doctors are better than mine.  I went in at CD 51 and she said that I shouldn't be coming in unless I've missed 3 periods in a row... honestly, I don't know how anyone TTC can miss 3 periods in a row (especially when cycles are usually regular) and not feel like they need to be seen. 
    Some doctors are assholes. I mean if they were only getting paid for times they saw a patient and cured an illness or something I'd get why they have this attitude of "you shouldn't be here!" but it seems like they shouldn't really care why you're there if you're paying them. And even if they do care they could keep it to themselves like most of us do at our jobs when we're asked to do something we don't like. I don't need my doctor judging me for going to get checked out, sheesh.

2 years ago or so I had a cycle where I didn't have a period for 6 months. 6 freaking months. So I went to my doctor because that didn't seem normal. My doctor was super judgmental about me being there and made me feel like a complete idiot. I'm sorry how was I supposed to know it's totally and completely normal to just not have a period for 6 months. I wasn't there to find out if I was pregnant I was just there to find out what was going on with my hormones to make my period disappear for 6 months without explanation. 

I'm sorry your doctor was completely unhelpful also.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm in the same boat now...CD 54 after usually 36/37 day cycles. If I don't get AF after another week, my doctor offered I think a 'withdraw bleed' where they put you on hormones for 10 days and then stop. I don't know too much about it yet, I'm hoping AF will just show up!!! I definitely should have been chatting better. 
    @MrsJennaSheppard03 seriously? Who can wait that long when TTC?

*edit for spelling-mobile bumping
  • Options

Steph5454 I know right?!  It was frustrating.  She was laughing a little, and then says how many months have you been trying? I was so embarrassed to say just one... but it's not like I was there complaining about not being pregnant after trying for 1 month. 

NamelessAria That's crazy.... 6 months?  I would have been freaking out also.  I hope things normalized for you since then.

Married June 2014
    Baby Maya due June 2017