TTC After a Loss
Options

Love greater than the fear

Hello ladies,

I'm new here and looking for any advice you may have. I had a miscarriage in April/early May with lots of physical complications. After a D&C, 7 weeks of bleeding, and a cycle, we are just starting to try again. We had genetic testing after our loss as the fetal tissue chromosomes showed both trisomy 16 and an unusual pattern on chromosome 14. They did blood tests/chromosomal analysis on both my husband and me and my husband has the unusual pattern on chromosome 14 which they say is benign/normal chromosomal variant. Needless to say, it's been a workout as it is for all of us. 

We were fortunate to get pregnant on our 5th month trying over the course of a year (we took some breaks). Getting pregnant is crazy enough without all of this baggage/fear/uncertainty. I'm also SO type A so I don't breeze through the two week wait well.

I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks so much. 

Re: Love greater than the fear

• Options
    @mszobota I'm so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here but you are in the right place. I don't know anything about the chromosomal issues but I'm sure someone here will have some insight for you. This group is great to just bounce questions around, vent, etc. Hang in there!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you have to join us, but this is a nice place to heal after such a horrible experience. I have had 1 loss in November 2015 and have been trying since then. We did not have any testing done for our loss, so I do not know the cause, but we recently did PGS testing for our IVF cycle and had an embryo with some chromosomal issues.

The fear is paralyzing, but the hopeful reward at the end is so good. I just keep reminding myself of the ultimate end goal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to our little corner of the web. I have lost MANY babies, and I know the fear you are feeling all too well. Just know that there are many women here that feel your pain and can be here to listen, comfort and just stand by you during your journey to a healthy baby!
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all. I am infinitely grateful