September 2015 Moms
Options

TTC/Breastfeeding/No period

Husband and I have always known that we'd like to try for another, and sooner v. later due to our ages (38 and 43).  Now that my body is FINALLY starting to heal, we are not actively preventing (sex wasn't possible for several months due to healing from tearing and all the stumbling blocks breastfeeding can throw in the way).  My son is 6.5 months, and though we are still breastfeeding, he's getting some supplemental fruits and veggies and cereal each day, so his nursing has decreased slightly. I haven't had a period, yet, though.  I know I can still get pregnant while BFing and prior to my cycle starting back up, however unlikely it may be. 

For those who've been there, how often did you do a pregnancy test? Since my period hasn't started up, I can't use that as an indicator. Did you just do a HPT every month once trying?  

Re: TTC/Breastfeeding/No period

• Options
    Following! I love our breastfeeding relationship and don't plan on weaning until LO is ready... BUT I also want to conceive asap and no cycle here either. Good luck with TTC! 
  • Options
    I would probably just take a test once a month while trying (or before any nights you might be drinking!). Good luck to you! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you track by temperature? I EP with solids and have had my period since 4 mos or so. It was super irregular at first but now I'm almost at 28 days. My supply drops when I ovulate.  We are not using any birth control but also not trying until LO is closer to 1 in case pregnancy would affect my milk. So we just don't have sex around that time. I also have cramps when I ovulate, which is new. 
  • Options
    Same boat here. It took years to conceive my daughter and I want to start to conceive sooner rather than later if at all possible. My daughter eats baby food twice a day and yet still no period. I plan to wean at the one year mark (fingers crossed, my daughter is so attached to Momma and often comfort nurses) but we have no been trying to avoid pregnancy whatsoever. The 29th of March I had one day of light bleeding. Wondering if that we a fluke or my bodies sign it's trying to restart its menstrual cycle?
  • Options
    We conceived really quickly with my son (given our ages, we expected it to take longer, but it was three cycles of trying and, boom, pregnant).  I'm not sure it will happen as quickly a second time, what with the breastfeeding and all, and us being just that much older, but we will see.  
  • Options
    After DD1, my cycle came back at 10mo pp. I was still BFing 6-10 times a day. It stayed regular afterwards. She was stilling BFing 1-2 times/24h when we started trying (she was 2) and we got pregnant the first try. Like the very first. DH was so disappointed!! He was looking forward to months of fun, and I got so sick in my pregnancy, we've had sex maybe twice in the last year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, my period started up yesterday, so just a little over 7 months post partum.  

We're BFing 6-7 times a day at this point. He rarely wakes for a nighttime feeding (did last night at about 3 a.m., but that happens maybe once every few weeks or so), and he's really only hungry every 3-4 hours. 
  • Options
    I always feel like I am going to get my period, then it doesn't happen. I wonder if you can ovulate without bleeding? It's once a month that I fee that way. 
  • Options
    TabulaRasa25  How did this end up for you??