September 2015 Moms
Options

Blepharitis

Ugh, so my poor little guy has a seriously bad eye infection. He had terrible allergy eyes hit a few weeks ago and they've been better, but then a few days ago one of his eyes started puffing up and chaffing and this morning it was absolutely horrible. Spent the day in the ER and now have drops and strong antibiotics, but he is still pretty miserable. 

Anyone else ever dealt with blepharitis? I don't know how I am going to get him to deal with repeated compresses, washing, and eye drops. He freaks out when I try to do anything to his eye. I hope it goes away quickly, he looks so pathetic right now! 

Re: Blepharitis

• Options
    Awh man! I hope he feels better soon! I havent dealt with blepharitis, but i personally had a type of pink eye that lasted 5 months & i needed 5 diffrrent medications before i got better. But i cant imagine on a sweet babe! If i was in a pain & im an adult it makes me sad for you LO. poor baby! I really hope he gets better very very soon!
  • Options
    Oh no, poor guy! I myself have had blepharitis before, but I was a teenager/adult.  I would get an irritated spot on my eyelid, and it would get sore, and the skin would peel on it ALL the time.  It would happen to me when seasons would change, like my skin got super irritated.  It took a long time for it to go away.  I honestly cannot remember what I used to use on it, it's been too many years!  I do remember keeping it super clean, warm compress, and some sort of ointment.  Hope he gets better soon!  I remember it always stinging and burning so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm sorry you both had to deal with similar problems. From what I can tell it is often a chronic problem, so we may be dealing with this for a while. He did okay last night but wasn't able to settle back to sleep after 5:30