September 2015 Moms
Options

Breakfast Ideas

Ive been noticing my boys dont want purees with rice cereal for breakfast anymore,  they want food food. But i need ideas.

I want to give them french toast & pancakes(made with rice cereal). Ive given them egg. I tried the Gerber strawberry yogurt & they are not feelin it @ all! .

What do you mommas feed your LOs for breakfast? 

Re: Breakfast Ideas

• Options
    I make mini pancakes and I put blackberry spread of them and he goes crazy, I eat them too now lol try cutting up fruit for a fruit salad too! 
  • Options
    I do French toast, scrambled eggs, regular or Greek yogurt (I eat whatever he doesn't ), cut up fruits (banana, blueberry, peach, strawberry), cut up pieces of cheese. Mostly things he can feed himself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have also done pancakes. The krusteauz (sp) organic pancakes and instead of syrup I boil blueberries til they are syrupy. He loses his shit. We also have scrambled eggs with some cheese. Diced melons. Yogurt. 
  • Options
    He eats scrambled eggs, waffles with almond butter, French toast, fruit, oatmeal, coconut yogurt, muffins, pancakes....
  • Options
    Omg im reading these & im like duh! Lol its so much easier when they're older i let DD chose what she wants for breakfast & this week the boys have been refuaing breakfast.
  • Options
    I make pancakes (normal recipe with flour, egg, milk, etc) with butter, toast with peanut butter, sliced fresh fruit, old fashioned oatmeal (made thick so she can feed herself) with a touch of homemade maple syrup, scrambled eggs, toast strips dipped in egg yolks, pan fried potatoes (with onions and spices, but we take hers out before we add bacon for ours)... occasionally dry cereal (like cherrios) but we really try to stick to real food. I gave her a pineapple-coconut-mango-banana smoothie in a shot glass the other day and she loved it!! The thick smoothie makes handling the open cup a lot easier, though she still spilled a bit. Ikea shot glasses are really sturdy, we used them for DD1 too and only broke one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do a lot of homemade yogurt. I make it like once a week because my other two kids love it too. Also scrambled eggs, fried eggs (in coconut oil) and I'll dip pieces of soft bread or pita bread in the yolk. He loves cucumber and homemade cheese.  My mom gave me a recipe for a oatmeal pancake and he loved that too. I also make a baked omelette that all my kids go crazy for. They ask for it for dinner like twice a week lol (so easy as a dinner too!)

• Options
    I do a whole wheat piece of toast with a little bit of something (peanut butter, yogurt, etc.. Just whatever) a scrambled egg (I have an egg allergy so I usually have the carton of egg substitute which is easier) a handful of fruit like blueberries or cut up bananas, with oatmeal I usually mix in some vanilla yogurt otherwise he won't eat it- it doesn't really have a taste otherwise. 
  • Options
    Breakfast is one of my favorite meals for my DD she always eats a ton!! Whole wheat waffles, scrambled eggs, avocado, fruit, I've made blueberry pancakes. Going to start almond butter on toast this week! 
  • Options
    For each meal I focus on getting in her food groups rather than if it fits the traditional fare for that time of day. We don't do dairy or grains yet so meals aren't always cohesive. For example, this morning for breakfast she had roasted carrots and sweet potatoes, watermelon and chicken! For lunch she might have scrambled egg yolks Or meat balls and some more veggies/fruits. That's how I eat throughout the day-thinking more about what nutrients I need at each meal!
  • Options
    We do waffles or pancakes with strawberry syrup I make, scrambled eggs with veggies, toast with puréed fruit, fruit salad with Cheerios mixed in, muffins and on weekends her daddy makes her baby one egg omelettes ( I so am not up to making omelettes, I can barely manage the scramble, eggs are not my friend, lol)
  • Options
    Usually an oatmeal/puree mix, banana or Apple, some of my eggs on toast, or half a whole wheat waffle with apple or pumpkin butter (not all of them, usually one or two per morning). 
  • Options
    So I've always tended to do fruit for breakfast, veggies at lunch and whatever we are eating for dinner for the most part.  Sometimes I like to get a fruit salad from the fruit market by our house and just cut up random fruits for him.  He does he pancakes, eggs, muffins etc. but he tends to do a lot of just fruits and cheeses during the week. 
  • Options
    Toast with olive oil
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ems028ems028 member
    Banana oats..yum!
  • Options
    I make mini pancakes and I put blackberry spread of them and he goes crazy, I eat them too now lol try cutting up fruit for a fruit salad too! 
    How are you making the pancakes?
  • Options
    We have eggs with ham and cheese, Cheerios and watermelon.  
  • Options
    One of my boys doesnt like me feeding him any more so now i have to find foods he can feed himself with out making too much of a mess. Thanks for all the ideas!
  • Options
    We just had toast this morning with Avocado spread (avocado and cream cheese) and some bananas on the side :)
  • Options
    BabyBugutskyBabyBugutsky member
    edited July 2016
    Quick question. I was told to only give baby egg yolks..by my mom..but I eat scrambled. Can he have egg whites?
  • Options
    How do you all find the time to make all this food!? My DS is into everything so I buy pre-made organic pancakes, waffles, French toast, and cut up my fruit and give him yogurt pouches but I'd love to make homemade but don't know when. 
  • Options
    @ABombard12 that sounds like a good upgrade to our usual avocado toast! Yum!
  • Options
    @BabyBugutsky there's different opinions about eggs. The boys ped said to try it early in the day just in case.they did just didn't either way. Just do what you feel comfortable with.

• Options
    @babybugutsky our pediatrician also recommended started eggs & Peanut butter and also with earlier in the day to watch for reactions.  We tried eggs.. no reaction (although I was a wreck because he went down for a nap right after I was watching him like a hawk ha)... he doesn't love the texture I don't think.. we keep trying it thinking he may get the hang of the new texture.  We have not tried peanut butter yet tho for some reason I am more nervous with that.
  • Options
    BabyBugutskyBabyBugutsky member
    edited July 2016
    @vibarra27 and @ABombard12 we have been told just egg yolk and no nuts until after 12 months due to little one having some food sensitivities when he was younger. Saw our doctor recently and that's what she said when I asked about it. 

Thanks for the info though ladies!! I was curious. My mom was also right as she usually is! Lol. 
  • Options
    @BabyBugutsky mommas always right!

& the funny thing is my brother has been allergic to egg yolk since he was a baby! 

Thank God my boys arent allergic to anything, they had peanutbutter last week & did fine. I feel so bad for babys who are allergic to foods :disappointed: they are restricted from delicious foods sometimes
  • Options
    @vibarra27 It's so hard! My little guy is allergic to eggs and peanuts/almonds/tree nuts. And he has a gluten and dairy intolerance! It's so incredibly difficult to feed him. Plus he's such a good water and gets so excited about it. I feel so bad for him. 

• Options
    @Bellarose212 poor baby! Poor you! I find it hard to find foods for the boys to eat because they no longer like to be fed. They like to self feed, they wont eat if i spoon feed them. I can only imagine how hard it is for you! :disappointed: hopefully with time he'll grow out of it.fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I'm blown away by this....my LO (almost 11 months) still refuses all solids besides apple sauce consistency. :( he gags and vomits instantly. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 awh man. Well he'll get there. Just try offering other things & if he doeznt want it leave him & try again later. It took my boys a month to want to drink out a suppy cup & now come Wednesday when they turn 11 months  I'll be giving them milk  in a sippy cuo because theyre ready
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Piper is also done with purees & single grain oatmeal. I feed her toast or rolls, cheese bits, yogurt (she digs regular yoplait), and fruit (but mainly in her nibbler because she still doesn't have teeth). She loves bananas, berries, and avacados. I'm going to try that avacado spread @ABombard12

In regard to allergies, because I have one child (my 5 yo) that is allergic to peanuts & tree nuts, the allergist actually told us to introduce our baby girl to peanut butter early to prevent a future allergy! I'm still scared too though lol. We may try it soon. 
  • Options
    @PinkPrincessPiper the boys ped said the same. I gave them toast with peanut butter spread about 3 weeks ago & theg loved it!
  • Options

So I am not a baker but made these little cute spinach banana muffins (because LO seems to prefer bread products in the am waffles, toast, etc)....well I think he has caught on to Daddy's comments when things are green (i.e. veggies) because he saw the color and without even putting it in his mouth made a face like I disgusted him hahaha they were good tho! I put a piece in his mouth and ONLY then did he decide he would eat the pieces ha. Found the recipe on pinterest.