April 2016 Moms

Baby items you can't live without, part 2

I know there was a previous thread about baby items we can't live without, but now that our babies are older, I'm curious to see if any of you had to find new holy grail items to keep baby (and you!) happy.

Holy Grail items for us:
1. Good old fashioned baby swing - Sadly, the mamaroo was a total fail. I'm SO glad we finally bought a swing.
2. Dr. Browns Bottles
3. Carter's Sleep Sacks
4. Car Seat/Stroller fan
5. Burts Bees Diaper Cream
6. Huggies Diapers and Huggies Natural Wipes - for some reason, they're the only ones that don't give our baby a rash

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby items you can't live without, part 2

• Daily use items:

Babybjorn Bouncer Balance Soft - LO loves to sit and watch. The new toy bar I attached has made it more exciting
    Fisher Price Sit Me Up - He loves this 
    Avent Pacifiers - tried the MAM too but he prefers Avent
    Weleda Calendula Body Wash and Shampoo - lovely scent and gentle on the skin
    Dr. Browns bottle warmer - It's automated and simple to use. I also use this to sterilize pacifiers 
    Flip Diapers - I'm happy these worked out since I never bothered trying out other kinds
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • At this point, all the receiving blankets my mom made. And all his little toys like his rattles. He lays on the blankets and plays a lot. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Rock n Play
    Boppy pillow
    All the burp cloths a relative made for us (we needed a lot I guess)
    Baby bath tub
  • Burp cloths! We go through so many burp cloths!
    MAM pacifiers 
    Boppy
    Crib
    Play mat (so nice to have with wooden floors!)
    Dr Brown's bottles
    Blueberry diaper covers (no blowouts!)
  • RnP (see my other post, obviously it's a necessity in DD's life...)
    Boppy (have taken it on night's away!) 
    The Swing (our days with this bad boy are limited but she loved it for a solid two months)
    Burp cloths
    The Ergo (just using this more and it's great!)
  • Also, nursing camisoles from Target!  I've lived in those the past 3 months...
  • Sooo many burp cloths! 
    I got an infantino flip on a whim for a trip to the mall. I wasn't sure how wearing him around was going to go, but he loved it! 
    We also just recently got a sit me up. He thinks it's pretty sweet. 
  • I had never heard of a 'sit me up' before. I kinda wish I got it instead of the bumbo now 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I had never heard of a 'sit me up' before. I kinda wish I got it instead of the bumbo now 
    It has way more neck support than the bumbo
  • plus15pie said:
    I had never heard of a 'sit me up' before. I kinda wish I got it instead of the bumbo now 
    It has way more neck support than the bumbo
    Yeah the good thing about the Bumbo is it's more compact, and because there is less fabric it's easier to clean. But when my baby is sleepy, he just kind of flops to the side in the Bumbo. The sit me up keeps him relatively straight even if he's trying to be floppy.
  • Jolly jumper
    Exersaucer
    Infantino whale activity mat
    Bumgenius and alva diapers (saved sooo much money)
    And the bath tub! My go-to when all else fails. 
  • Graco baby swing - It keeps him very calm and happy.
    Sit-Me-Up - It's allowed him to do everything with me throughout the day. 
    Rocking Chair - On those nights when he's inconsolable, it's nice to have a big comfy chair in the nursery to bring him out of our room, and rock him in his own room while my husband sleeps.

• 1. Rocking chair, first and foremost! (Saved me so much time getting him down for bed when the swing didn't cut it.)

2. Changing table (I can't stand changing him on any other surface in the house. I'm thinking of attaching a mobile to it.)

3. Pack-N-Play (This is his new favorite tummy time location; the bottom mat has a cute design with forest animals in bright colors. He loves to try to "grab" the animals.)

• @dancingsphinx22 OMG! I really need a car seat/stroller fan! My LO's back is always sweaty when I get him in and out, even if he's in there for 5 minutes. Where did you purchase your fan?
  • Swing! Definitely! And those little teething rings with the water inside. I don't mean the fancy $10 one. I mean the circular cheep one! He loooooves it especially when it's been in the fridge or freezer. Best $4 spent in a long time!
  • Glider rocker
    Changing table 
    Baby bathtub (he uses it as a supported sitting device as well)
    Idk what else really... He doesn't like a lot of toys and he is mostly held... The swing is great on random rare occasion but not consistently...
  • Moby, soon-to-be ergo, as he's getting too heavy (15lbs) 
    cloth diapers/wipes and nursing pads
    swaddleme-although he's able to break out of it easily, it keeps him calm going down to sleep

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @linzoirv - we got ours at Buy Buy Baby, because we were there and it was super hot out, haha! But they have someone on Amazon, and in cute colors too. 

Just make sure it specifies that it won't hurt the baby if they touch it. Our fan blades are foam, not plastic, so it doesn't hurt at all if it hits your skin. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Fisher price snuggle puppy swing

Muslin swaddle blankets

rock n play

bouncy seat

boppy pillow 
    BFP #1 - 12/30/12 - EDD 9/13/13 - CP

BFP #2 - 2/13/13 - EDD 10/24/13 - born 10/29/13 - Kian Edward

BFP #3 - 7/16/15 - EDD 3/27/16 - born 3/23/16 - Liam James

Pregnancy Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ejledejled member
    Thank Heavens for our RnP
  • Graco Simple Sway Swing - it's the only thing he would sleep in for a while
    Changing table - he LOVES his changing table!!
    Play mat - it looks like a turtle and has a ball pit, too - older kids have loved playing with it when they come to visit
    Burp cloths
    Swaddles
    Koala Baby Muslin blankets
    Dr. Brown's bottles & pacifiers
    Sit Me Up - we just got this, and it's a life saver so far!
    Elephant pillow - it's similar to a boppy but doesn't have the hole in it
    Ergo 360
    Sophie
  • Ok I have to recant on the swing. It worked for about a week, and now she doesn't like it. *sigh*

Pregnancy Ticker

• The wubbanub for sure.
  • yodiggity said:
    The wubbanub for sure.
    I wish you could change the paci on the Wubbanub!
  • Dr Browns makes a wubbanub type animal that attaches to any pici. I don't remember what it's called though. @Missingchampagne
  • WBORDERS said:
    Dr Browns makes a wubbanub type animal that attaches to any pici. I don't remember what it's called though. @Missingchampagne
    Ordered this today. Fingers crossed! I'm sick of plugging the paci in 20x in a row before he falls asleep!
  • The Merlin Sleep suit has been my best purchase for this little one. He never took to swaddling bit sleeps like a champ in the Merlin suit.
  • We have wubabnubs and I know others swear by them, but we haven't even offered one to DD. She is fine with just a basic MAM pacifier, so I don't want to get her addicted to something else. But what is the magic secret about the wubanub anyway? I know so many people who swear by them.

• sarahufl said:
    We have wubabnubs and I know others swear by them, but we haven't even offered one to DD. She is fine with just a basic MAM pacifier, so I don't want to get her addicted to something else. But what is the magic secret about the wubanub anyway? I know so many people who swear by them.

I think it's just that it has something weighted attached to it, so it's harder for the baby to drop it.
  • That's it. It's supposed to be harder to drop and they have something to snuggle with. My baby hates the soothie pacifiers though

Pregnancy Ticker

• That's it. It's supposed to be harder to drop and they have something to snuggle with. My baby hates the soothie pacifiers though
    Yeah that's why I was saying earlier in the thread that I wished you could change the pacifier on it, so you could still have something weighing the pacifier down but not be tied to a Soothie. I found one on Amazon at @WBORDERS suggestion and it was cheaper too! My kiddo wakes up out of habit at 4am and we go through a little pacifier-plugin dance where he drops it at least 20 times, and I would really love to avoid this and get back to bed.