February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (7/25)

15678911»

Re: Weekly Randoms (7/25)

• GingersnapGingersnap member
    edited July 2016
  • @MommaBean That's awful!

Also, I just tried to count up, and I believe I've had 22 8 oz servings of water today. Is there a point when dry mouth kills you!?
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • AfKash said:
    kswiger06 said:
    I usually hate when people ask how far I am this early in pregnancy. When I respond they always act like it's insignificant because it's so close to the beginning. Today though my husband's, cousin's, wife (lol) responded by exclaiming "You're 3 months?!?" She couldn't believe I was 3 months and she didn't know it, but I decided 3 months makes it sound a lot further than 12 weeks. 3 of 9 months or 12 of 40 weeks... I'm going to go with the months I think.
    I totally get what you're saying.  I've had people react that way to me, too. And it's frustrating because it is a huge deal.  Like what? Am I supposed to feel sorry for you because you have to wait 6 more months until I have my baby? 
    I swear to god the stupid reactions you get from saying you're 3 months is because people know it's too early for them to have opinions yet.  They know they can't comment on your size or try to use stupid old wives' tales to guess the sex or make an offensive "are you sure it is/isn't twins?" joke yet.  The best comments I've gotten are from BTDT moms who have just said something quietly, like, "the first trimester sucks.  Hope you feel better soon."
    That makes so much sense! I never thought that maybe they're just not sure what to do when they can't pull out their go to jokes. It would definitely be a logical explanation lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited July 2016
    Bah..
    Just went into my classroom early to get it set up, and was told I am changing grade lv and subject. So instead of teaching 7th world history, I am teaching 8th grade American history. So basically all the work I did over the summer to prepare for my class is useless. And I was already in 8th grade hall but moved everything out and now I am moving back into it. Plus the worse part my team partner, the other 8th grade ss teacher is soo annoying and is soo alpha male military teaching style. We are suppose to try and teach similarly but he is exact opposite me and if I do not do it his way every time I am not doing it right. Grrr..... I wanted to leave this toxic environment. My vp is telling me it is a compliment because the new ss teacher they hired they do not want him to pick up my partners bad habits and they know I learned already how to work with him...

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • I'm having another pukey weekend and just want to lay around watching penny dreadful. But instead I'm getting climbed all over by a toddler and H made egg whites and asparagus for breakfast for himself and I just want to cry 
  • My Inlaws just left after staying with us all weekend. I am so drained. My house is also a complete disaster. 
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @skiingstark Im so sorry :( this was my teaching nightmare. Stand up for yourself this year. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I had a couple days of feeling good so of course today when I actually I'm trying to show houses I feel like crap. I was trying to figure how it would work if your realtor had to puke in one of the houses you were showing Fortunately I'm on my last one and I think we avoided that. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So if I'm 10 weeks I can totes say I'm 3 months, since I'm bloated and IN my 3rd month, right? 
    @Gingersnap I don't see why not!

• @PerraSucia Asparagus? That sounds absolutely gross. 

@Partyof6? That is rough. I did some real estate work this morning too, and it was the first time in two months! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • The smoke in the air where I live is making me so sick. I need to get a good mask or something. I get short of breath, my eyes, lungs, and throat start burning as soon as I go outside, and I cough for quite a while after getting back indoors. And fire season's only just begun. 
  • I have my NT scan in 13 hours and my PGAL brain has me completely convinced it won't go well. Praying the anxiety over appointments eventually passes.

And yes, @PerraSucia, asparagus sounds gross! 
  • Good luck, @Patience7150!  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Wishing you all the best @Patience7150! I'm sure everything will be just fine! ;) 

this is weekend has sucked. DS and I have both been sick with the flu. To make things extra fun, DS has also been fighting a cold. I'm pretty sure it's developed into an infection. His breath is stinky so I'm thinking tonsillitis. Poor thing. Looks we're off to the clinic tomorrow.... 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • This place pretty much comes to a halt on weekends....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Starfish113 I noticed the same thing...
  • Thank you @Tennis11785 and @concreteangell , I appreciate it!
  • @Patience7150 - I'm in a similar boat - my NT is Tuesday around the middle of the day and my PgAL brain is going a bit nuts. I hope things go well for both of us.

Also - holy chatterboxes batman! somehow I missed this thread and just caught up from post 1 to the end. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @gingersnap - I thought about it. Instead, I opted for "for the record, 'don't force yourself' might be the least sympathetic thing you can say to a vomiting pregnant woman." 

Then I considered us even for the shopping I did earlier in day.  
    That's what I'm talking about!!!!

• The smoke in the air where I live is making me so sick. I need to get a good mask or something. I get short of breath, my eyes, lungs, and throat start burning as soon as I go outside, and I cough for quite a while after getting back indoors. And fire season's only just begun. 
    Omg!! That cannot be ok for you to be in that environment!! I know it's much easier said than done but isn't there a relative's place you could stay at? And who knows how long the smoke will last.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  As someone who suffers from asthma, I totally appreciate what you're going through.  

• catiecatp said:
    @Patience7150 - I'm in a similar boat - my NT is Tuesday around the middle of the day and my PgAL brain is going a bit nuts. I hope things go well for both of us.

Also - holy chatterboxes batman! somehow I missed this thread and just caught up from post 1 to the end. 
    When they mentioned there was a 7:40am appointment available, I jumped on it! It makes me get it over with before the anxiety can even set it. My appointment went GREAT today @catiecatp - I hope yours does too!! 
  • I've been throwing up everything I eat since yesterday, even if it's light and healthy. So after throwing up earlier (and instantly feeling better) I got myself an Oreo blizzard cause I thought 'screw this'.
    I'm already feeling nauseous as hell but I don't regret it. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • AfKash said:
    The smoke in the air where I live is making me so sick. I need to get a good mask or something. I get short of breath, my eyes, lungs, and throat start burning as soon as I go outside, and I cough for quite a while after getting back indoors. And fire season's only just begun. 
    Omg!! That cannot be ok for you to be in that environment!! I know it's much easier said than done but isn't there a relative's place you could stay at? And who knows how long the smoke will last.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  As someone who suffers from asthma, I totally appreciate what you're going through.  

Just too many wildfires too close by. Got the smoke from the big one in Idaho settling in our valley and a new really quickly burning one in a town an hour south of us (the picture above was taken yesterday after it made its initial run). The whole valley has a nasty inversion effect with smoke so summers are always bad. I picked up some N-95 masks for when I have to go outside and cleaned out all the air filters in the house. I'm okay as long as I stay indoors :)
    Apart from running a few cases of water down for a collection to help the displaced families, the plans for today and tomorrow consist of staying in my house. Opportunity to catch up on cleaning I guess!
  • @MrsLittleMac maybe this is dumb, but do indoor hepa filters help with smoke? We have two for dog dander/dust, and I'm just wondering if they might also help with smoke particles. They sell the small ones at target for like $50 now, I think.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @MrsLittleMac maybe this is dumb, but do indoor hepa filters help with smoke? We have two for dog dander/dust, and I'm just wondering if they might also help with smoke particles. They sell the small ones at target for like $50 now, I think.
    Not dumb at all! I have a nice big hepa filter with a carbon prefilter for smoke (most smoke particles are too small for just hepa to be very effective) and it keeps my immediate living space very comfortable. One of my happier investments, honestly, especially since it keeps odors way down as well and has a UV setting to kill germs/viruses. I splurged and went with one that retails for around $200 but I got it on clearance for around $115
  • AfKash said:
    The smoke in the air where I live is making me so sick. I need to get a good mask or something. I get short of breath, my eyes, lungs, and throat start burning as soon as I go outside, and I cough for quite a while after getting back indoors. And fire season's only just begun. 

Just too many wildfires too close by. Got the smoke from the big one in Idaho settling in our valley and a new really quickly burning one in a town an hour south of us (the picture above was taken yesterday after it made its initial run). The whole valley has a nasty inversion effect with smoke so summers are always bad. I picked up some N-95 masks for when I have to go outside and cleaned out all the air filters in the house. I'm okay as long as I stay indoors :)
    Apart from running a few cases of water down for a collection to help the displaced families, the plans for today and tomorrow consist of staying in my house. Opportunity to catch up on cleaning I guess!
    Woooooow! That is an amazing fire. Thank you for sharing the picture with us! I had no idea there are wildfires in Idaho. I always only think of California. I'm so glad you were able to pick up a mask.  I hope these fires get put out fast before they do anymore damage. Prayers to you!

• This is so random but hey, it's the randoms thread.

How many users have Ariel as their avatar? I love me some Little Mermaid but I'm having trouble keeping track of who is who, I think there are at least 3! 
    Sooo this!! Lol they keep getting lumped together in my head! 

Also so this is last weeks randoms. You all are living in the past!! :D 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!