March 2017 Moms

What baby names are on your list?

Re: What baby names are on your list?

• Dh and I have chatted a lot on this and we have only ever agreed on two names so that will probably be what we go with unless we hear something in the meantime that strikes us. 
    Girl - Amelia Rose (DH doesn't know about the Rose part yet so that may be a no go but he likes Amelia)
    Boy - Charlie. I have three friends who have dogs named charlie but that does not deter me. Dogs need names too, right?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • more than likely it will be Kinsley Dene if it's a girl and Cohen William if it's a boy. who knows though. we decided on our DS's name in a Michaels craft store! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Dean as a middle name for a boy and Mae as a middle name for a girl. Not sure about first names. We really like first names that are also last names. Kennedy or Regan for a girl. No idea for boy. Any ideas of ones to go with Dean?
  • we had our names picked out as soon as we decided to try, Charlotte Noelle and Charley Wayne
    I have always loved Charlotte, it came in only second to my DD's name Audrey, it's also the top sibling name to go with Audrey. DH picked Noelle, he picked DD's middle name as well so it fits.
    Charley is DH's grandpa's name that he was super close with and Wayne was my dads name.  oddly enough before I even met DH i heard someone with the name Charley Wayne and absolutely loved it,so it's just the perfect name.
    We might end up with two Charlottes! Though your chances of having a girl are probably better than mine.

For boys names we don't have any serious contenders. My two sons names are Benjamin and Ezra so hopefully something that is Old Testament but not too weird either ;) 
    I like Levi or Jonathan (Jonny)
  • we had our names picked out as soon as we decided to try, Charlotte Noelle and Charley Wayne
    I have always loved Charlotte, it came in only second to my DD's name Audrey, it's also the top sibling name to go with Audrey. DH picked Noelle, he picked DD's middle name as well so it fits.
    Charley is DH's grandpa's name that he was super close with and Wayne was my dads name.  oddly enough before I even met DH i heard someone with the name Charley Wayne and absolutely loved it,so it's just the perfect name.
    We might end up with two Charlottes! Though your chances of having a girl are probably better than mine.

For boys names we don't have any serious contenders. My two sons names are Benjamin and Ezra so hopefully something that is Old Testament but not too weird either ;) 
    I like Levi or Jonathan (Jonny)
    My son's name is Ezra and Charlotte is one of our top picks for a girl! I was solid on Charlotte but am wavering towards Ava now for a girl. 

We're going to be screwed if we have a boy because we can find zero common ground. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby name buddies <3 you have great taste @mamabear2015
  • Love all the names! Our top picks right now are Liam or Evan for a boy, Eleanor or Madeline for a girl. DH refuses to discuss it further than that until we find out the sex.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son's name is Ezra and Charlotte is one of our top picks for a girl! I was solid on Charlotte but am wavering towards Ava now for a girl. 

We're going to be screwed if we have a boy because we can find zero common ground. Lol
    Ava was supposed to be DD1's name, I love the short and sweet names that don't have nicknames. Definitely on our list again for a girl! 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    @Phil413 like your names!  Evan is also our top contender for a boy name right now. And our DD is named Nora. 
  • kennas88 said:
    more than likely it will be Kinsley Dene if it's a girl and Cohen William if it's a boy. who knows though. we decided on our DS's name in a Michaels craft store! 
    Hey, just some friendly advice from a lurking name nerd. 

Cohen is a very important surname in the Jewish faith (denotes priestly lineage from Aaron I believe ) and as such some find it insensitive to use as a given name, especially if you are not Jewish.  

Something to consider. 
  • Jacob Patrick 
    But for a girl I want to honor my grandmother and name her Rose but am having trouble with a middle name...hers was Marie. 
  • I think for a boy it will John Michel (has been our boy name since the beginning) and for a girl, I like Mary Margaret.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    DD #1 10/07/08
    DD #2 08/11/10
    DD#3 06/04/13
  • Can I just say how much I love this thread! All of these names are great, I'm loving them all! 
    @ladyoriza to go with Dean....Mason? 

@ihateusernames* Is Jeremiah Old Testament? I have a friend named Abraham and we've always called him AB. Joshua? Jacob? I love the nickname Jake!

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Our son is James Benjamin (husband's middle name)...

Thinkng for a boy it may be Jacob or Joel and may use Benjamin as the middle name again. 

For a girl, we had decided on Mia Noelle last time (team green) but now I'm really liking Noelle Mae. 

We also love the name Emmeline (like "ine" not "een" like "Christine" but I've heard people mispronounce it (or at least opposite of how we do) and don't know if I want to set my child up for always having to spell or correct their name. 

....Definitely interesting to be a teacher and have a lot of names you can never consider
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @chrlyr I know you're thinking about the nickname "Evie" for possibly Genevieve which I think is beautiful!! Both Genevieve and Evelyn are wonderful in my opinion. Just thought I'd share in case you wanted any more inspiration..  I had a 94 yo patient come in the other day that went by "Gen" (said like Jen obviously) and her name was Genevieve. 
  • chrlyr I know someone who has a daughter named Evelyn. They call her Evie. 

And by someone I mean the person that I dated before I met my husband.... (we dated off and on for a couple years but I never met his children)

I say all this bc I also love the name Evelyn/Evie but can't decide if that would be strange. I think it would be but husband says it's not...

So I'm still trying to come up with an alternative girl name for now..
  • @ihateusernames* What about Josiah (the little boy king in the OT)? That was my number one pick before we decide to use my grandfather's name. :) 

• @ihateusernames* What about Josiah (the little boy king in the OT)? That was my number one pick before we decide to use my grandfather's name. :) 

Love Josiah! Hubby doesn't though... :( 
  • ladyoriza said:
    I love Dean as a middle name for a boy and Mae as a middle name for a girl. Not sure about first names. We really like first names that are also last names. Kennedy or Regan for a girl. No idea for boy. Any ideas of ones to go with Dean?
    James?  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @veeveemama59 I love the name, but I have an ex with that name and he still lives in the area. 

@longliveregina I joked about that because it's a family name, but DH said he'd call him Jimmy. So now all I can think of is breakfast. 
  • edited July 2016
    @MixedBerries88 what are your thoughts on nicknames?

@sschapman I know a William that goes by Beau! 

Set on Cecelia Isabel for a girl. Both maternal grandmothers middle names. 

Boy proving more difficult! Top contenders are Benjamin, Jacob, William and holding on to Robert but I'm not loving it paired with our last name. 
    I haven't though too too much about nns just because I think that those happen naturally but husband loves Eliza or Liza for Elizabeth and I think Lena would be cute for Helena. I really love Cecelia! William is probably by fav of your boy names but I think they're all solid choices!

eta: Beau is a perfectly fine stand alone name! My dog's name is Beau because DH said no for a baby name!

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Such beautiful names, we have the family names in the middle names - for a girl it's "Opal Rose" my wedding is an opal.  For a boy it's "Leif Kenneth" as my husband's family are all of Nordic descent.
    Me: 30 DH:38  :*o:)

Met: 02.27.13 Married: 09.26.15  <3 

TTC #1 since 01.01.16  >:)

BFP: 07.18.16  :o

EDD: 03/21/17  o:)

BabyGaga
  • This is our first. We've always had fun thinking of names before we got pregnant. We have a girl's name picked out already: Florence Cynthia. My great-grandmother on my dad's side was named Florence. She meant a great deal to my dad, and me and the hubs both love the name. Cynthia is my mother's name. And since I just lost her in March, I had to use her name.
    We're still working on a boy's name. But Sebastian and Jasper are high on the list.
  • I could talk baby names all day.

Middle name is set in stone for this baby. Ann for a girl (after DH's grandmother) and Donald for a boy (DH's name). 

No clue on a boy name. We were never able to decide on a boys name with DD either, so good thing she's a girl. If this baby is also a girl, we have tossed around Elizabeth and Alexandra. I love Madeline (pronounced line with a long I) but DH said no. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Girl names we like Brynn, Lillian and Claire

Boy names we like Silas Harrison(middle name) and Henry

• Our boy's name would be Ezra Fionn. I've been getting shit from FIL who prefers a "stronger" male name like Jack. And yes, this is a conversation I suffered the day of our BFP. 
    We like it because the name because it's badass, and hubs has a relative with the name Ezekiel Fiorenzo, and another one Fiorenzo (not sure of his middle name). It's a great nod to his Italian heritage and he'll have the name initial EFL.

On the other hand, I'm kind of clueless about girl names. Which means, we're probably going to have a girl! lol
    I like Cassandra, Olivia, & Emilia. Possibly with the middle name Paige. 

Work in progress! (Un)fortunately, we have plenty of time to decide. 
    DH: 29
    Me: 27
    Married 9/20/14 
    BFP: 7/3/16
    EDD: 3/13/17

BabyFetus Ticker

• catrb89 said:
    Our boy's name would be Ezra Fionn. I've been getting shit from FIL who prefers a "stronger" male name like Jack. And yes, this is a conversation I suffered the day of our BFP. 
    We like it because the name because it's badass, and hubs has a relative with the name Ezekiel Fiorenzo, and another one Fiorenzo (not sure of his middle name). It's a great nod to his Italian heritage and he'll have the name initial EFL.

On the other hand, I'm kind of clueless about girl names. Which means, we're probably going to have a girl! lol
    I like Cassandra, Olivia, & Emilia. Possibly with the middle name Paige. 

Work in progress! (Un)fortunately, we have plenty of time to decide. 
    Ugh sorry you're going through this! I haaaate this nonsense. Giving a girl a masculine name doesn't make her more "strong" and giving a boy a more "feminine" name doesn't make him soft. Kids grow up to be who you raise them to be, damn it. Ezra is a great name and I think you should use it with no hesitation. 

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • @MixedBerries88 Thank you! We intend to. We both were so excited when we came up with the name, we aren't giving it up. FIL came up with "Jack Daniel". Because Daniel is a family name. We were like.... you're kidding....
    DH: 29
    Me: 27
    Married 9/20/14 
    BFP: 7/3/16
    EDD: 3/13/17

BabyFetus Ticker

• catrb89 said:
    @MixedBerries88 Thank you! We intend to. We both were so excited when we came up with the name, we aren't giving it up. FIL came up with "Jack Daniel". Because Daniel is a family name. We were like.... you're kidding....
    That's amazing. Go for it...just make sure the next one is Jim Beam.
    Hubby and I just had a good chuckle over this. :) 
  • If a girl: JaNiya Denine
    If a boy: Taylan Marcell
  • Oh my goodness! You ladies are making me feel behind on the game! 
    DS is Leonard Ezekiel (we call him Zeke), and he shares his first name with my DH. 

This time around I get a little more say in the name.. Which is scary! I really like Maxwell (not sure about a mn though) but it seems to be getting popular- bummer! 

as for girls, I'm all over the map but I've liked Nora since my last pregnancy (we didn't know what we were having so that was our girl name), but I think making Nora the NN would be nice so not sure about a longer name. I also like Penelope, Zoe, Adelaide.. This is hard!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OctoberLove13OctoberLove13 member
    edited August 2016
    @cupcakeboyd that's neat! I love the name Gabriel but my husband isn't fond of the nickname Gabe. Doesn't matter! We're set on it and he's coming around to the Gabe idea. 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We haven't discussed names that much but as of right now we like Kelly for a girl and Dylan for a boy. Not sure about middle names yet, I kind of like Dylan Thomas but I can't think of anything to go with Kelly.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Top names currently are: 
    Oliver Arjan (middle name is FIL's name)
    or
    Eleanor (nn Ellie) Elizabeth (MIL's middle name) 
  • I've always loved the name Joshua for a boy. My FIL passed in April, so I'm thinking we should use his name for a middle name for a boy.

I really struggle with girl's names, but I'm leaning towards Natalie or Emily right now. Would love to use my mom's middle name Hope for a middle name.

None of these have been run by DH though, so who knows.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Hannah rose for a girl, Elliott Joseph for a boy 
  • We are still throwing names back and forth.
    For a girl we like or Emerson Louise- Emery was my grandmothers name and Louise was DH's grandmothers name. We are stuck on a boy name. My DS name is Braxton Ray so something that will mesh well with that.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • @Gobruins0430 I love Elliott! But my DH isn't a fan 

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My SO and I are planning on naming the baby Katarina Lynn if a girl. We are having a harder decision for the boy name, and want either Rowan or Aurion (pronounced Orion) as the first name, but can't for the life of us figure out what to do for the middle name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20