August 2016 Moms

New Mommy Lessons Learned / Life Hacks

I've learned a TON the last 2 weeks!  I had been wanting to start a GTKY thread with Life Hacks as I'm sure we could all use a shortcut here and there - so feel free to join in whether or not your have had your baby yet!

Re: New Mommy Lessons Learned / Life Hacks

• @Nikkoli98 DH and I just got done rewatching Burn Notice last week!! Second time for him and third for me, we love that show. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @BrunetteBabe722, I'm just watching it on Netflix for the first time.  It's been great during pumping sessions!
  • @entropicallyfavored do you think they would be good for fairly large breasts (e cups)? I'm worried about them fitting but want to try it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• LWC1112 said:
    @entropicallyfavored do you think they would be good for fairly large breasts (e cups)? I'm worried about them fitting but want to try it.
    @LWC1112 I'm not sure what size I am now, but I was a DD pre-pregnancy, so I feel like the answer is yes.  They don't seem size-specific: it is more like a shield with a hole cut out that slips over your nipple:

• This one sounds odd, but when my DS was born and spent some time in the NICU 2 years ago, one of the nurses there recommended giving a quick puff of air as you open the diaper and then close the diaper for another 30 seconds or so to avoid getting peed on. Again, seems weird, but it did help! 

TTC 9/2013

BFP#1: 9/28/2013, EDD 5/28/13, MC confirmed 10/15/13, D&C 10/17/13

BFP#2: 1/10/2014, EDD 9/19/2014

• The rock and play saved us!!! The first two nights baby wouldn't sleep at all unless he was being held. We finally tried a swing and he liked it so we went out and got the rock and play. He now only wakes up once or twice a night! I know it's not the greatest sleep solution but desperate times call for desperate measures!
  • court5608 said:
    The rock and play saved us!!! The first two nights baby wouldn't sleep at all unless he was being held. We finally tried a swing and he liked it so we went out and got the rock and play. He now only wakes up once or twice a night! I know it's not the greatest sleep solution but desperate times call for desperate measures!
    We did the exact same thing with DS1. I bought it on night 4 out of desperation, because he was only sleeping on my chest. It was a lifesaver, and I plan on using it again with this LO. I've heard people have trouble transitioning to the crib, but we didn't have any issues with DS1. 

• @Bookhousegirl I heard that about the crib too but hopefully we'll luck out like you!
  • @court5608 we laid him down in his crib pretty often, and let him nap in there at least once a day, so that definitely helped!