Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-In **Week of July 25th**

katie121209katie121209 member
edited July 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What are you doing to keep yourself calm and relaxed these final weeks ?  

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@katie121209 ; EDD 08/19/16 with a little girl
@emsmama15 ; EDD 8/29/16 with a litte girl and a little boy
@chrissym126 ; EDD 09/8/16 team green
@Piperella ; EDD 10/2/16 with a little boy
@kennelchick; EDD 10/18/16 with a little girl
@laur2444; EDD 10/19/16 with a little boy

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-In **Week of July 25th**

• Morning ladies!!! Congrats again to our two births last week! Cant wait to see more pics and hear more details! I cant believe theres only 4 of us left! 

So I had my 36 week appt on Friday. I see a different doctor each visit and I'm a little concerned by their different policies on when they would induce me or how far they would let me go. I have GD but it is being well managed by diet alone. However one Dr said if Im dilated at 38 weeks he will offer to schedule an induction- another doctor said at 40 weeks- and a third has said I cant go past 41 weeks. At this point do I pick whoever's policy I like the best and go with them?! I want to make it to 40 weeks because hopefully our puppy will have his cast off and be off crate rest and the cone by then- we are 4 weeks 3 days post surgery and he has xrays today to determine the extent of healing. Otherwise my pregnancy seems to be going just fine, minus the insomnia and persistent reflux. I got my breast pump in the mail and we installed car seats yesterday so I think everything's ready!

QOTW: I take a long bath almost daily and read while I'm in it. I figure I might as well enjoy it because I don't see myself having the time once the baby arrives!!
  • Hello third trimester! 28 weeks tomorrow with a due date of October 18th. My husband and I tried to conceive on our own, after two years and some testing ended up going the IVF route and this baby is our little miracle. We are having a girl.

I'm freaking out today. I had an ultrasound this morning and she is measuring small. She's only 2lbs 1oz, in the 9th percentile and measuring at 24 weeks 2 days and im 27 weeks 6 days. I'm trying hard not to panic or cry as I sit here for lyrics 3hr glucose test, but does anyone have any experience in this area? DH is being positive and supportive and I love him for that, but he's being positive and supportive and I kinda hate him for that. 

There is another woman in this office sitting near me eating a delicious looking muffin. I kinda hate her too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kennelchick it's good to see you here but I'm so sorry for the stress :( I'm clueless about the sizing- they haven't given me any ultrasounds since we found out the sex. Will the doctor be meeting with you later today to explain? Good luck with the glucose test and let us know what the dr says. 
  • The Dr said we will just keep an eye on her growth for now and do another ultrasound in three weeks. It just freaks me out. 

As for relaxing, my way to relax is to lay down a day feel the baby kick. She may be little but she can kick!
  • Hi @katie121209 - That's really confusing on getting different protocols from different doctors. I would do what you asked and pick the option you like best.  I often have to rotate Obs/nurses when I go for my checkups as well, and I feel like I haven't been given much guidance at all the past few months.

Welcome to the 3rd tri, @kennelchick!  I'm sorry you got some stressful ews at this appt, but I think it's great how supportive DH is being (even if it irritates you some).  I know that the sizing can often be inaccurate, but I'm not sure about when it is off by a week or more.  I hope you get some answers soon.  One ultrasound my LO was in the 50% percentile, a month later he was in the 35%... and they all said not to worry as the numbers are estimates.  Hoping your little one keeps moving and grooving for you!

I have my 30 week appointment this week and finally get to see my Ob since I haven't seen here in two months.  That's been irritating me to no end as I don't feel as though I've been followed up with as much as I'd like.  Maybe i'm still just sad that I don't get as much care as I did with my RE, but I wish someone would talk with me more than 5 minutes about how "great" things are going.  This is my first time and I want to know details! 

I'm really tired and exhausted.  My muscles feel like wimpy noodles.  The heat and humidity outside don't help either.  I'm second guessing our decision for day care and am thinking of going back to an in home day care situation.

QOTW: The best way I know to keep myself calm and relaxed is by taking lots of naps and doing research.  I made our birth plan up and printed it out yesterday and I've been researching breast pumps.  I am going between the Medela PISA and Spectra S2 and I am leaning towards the Spectra.  I'm waiting for my breastfeeding basics class in a few weeks to take place before making the order.
  • @Piperella, thank you for the kind words, and it does help knowing that others have had such differences between appointments. I know what you mean about the RE! I only see my OB for 5 min. I miss the information and dialogue with my RE. If it helps at all, the OB woukdnt only be spending more time with us if there were something wrong.

@katie121209 I'm sorry you are getting such conflicting protocols. It would be nice if everyone could get on the same page for you! I'm glad that your puppy is doing better, I see how you wouldn't want to have to do doggie bedrest with a newborn! 

I did pass my 3hr glucose test, so silver lining for the day.
  • laur2835laur2835 member
    edited July 2016
    Hi everyone!!! Can't believe I am over in this thread now too!!! Wednesday will be 28 weeks and my due date is October 19th! We are having a little boy. I did 3 rounds of IUIs with injectables because I have hypothalamic ammenorhea and had no sucess. We did our first round of IVF in January, and transferred one embryo that took :) we have 9 frozen still!
    we had my baby shower this weekend so everything is seeming a little more real now! I can't believe I only have 12 weeks left!!! I still feel fabulous as I haven't really had any complaints this whole pregnancy.
    @kennelchick I went Friday for an appointment and my dude was weighing in at 2.2 pounds (which from what I've read seems more than average for where we are) so about the same size as yours. They didn't say anything about being small they said everything was fine, so I'm not sure....I wouldn't freak out over it, although easier said than done! 
    QOTW: exercising is the only thing that ever keeps me calm and relaxed. When I'm working out I feel so much better about everything and talk reason into all my worries! 

Heres a pic from my shower! 
  • @katie121209, I'd wish my doctors were consistent, too--since you'll be going once a week now (right?), maybe just wait and see, and if you're not interested in being induced at 38 weeks, stick with the 40 and 41 week doctors. I am sure if there's any reason for concern, they'll talk about inducing before your EDD. 

Welcome, @kennelchick! I'll think good thoughts about the baby's weight. And I hope you got to eat a delicious muffin after your test. The bonus is that you'll get to see your baby in three weeks, but I know I'd be incredibly stressed out, too. 

@Piperella, I get you about the short appointments with the doctor. I miss talking to the nurses at my RE's office the most--they are amazing people and I sometimes email one of them just to tell her how well I'm doing. I like being just a boring healthy pregnant lady, but I do miss the extra assurances.

I have my 34w1d checkup on Friday, bananas! Does anyone else feel like they've been pregnant for approximately ten years? Massachusetts continues to be stuck in a heatwave, and my husband makes me take a Gatorade with me to work so I don't get dehydrated just walking to the train. He's a good one. We took an infant CPR class on Monday, and I do feel a little more empowered now in case of an emergency that I pray never happens. Everyone else in class knew the sex of their baby and they were congratulating us on waiting. I find it fun to know what other people are having, but I love that we're going to be surprised.

It's a stressful time of year at work in addition to me realizing that I am going to be a parent VERY SOON, and I miss being able to take lovely walks at lunch--that used to be what helped me relax. So instead, what I do now is curl up with a tall glass of ice water and read in the air conditioning. That's not too shabby, either. And tomorrow my office is having a breakfast for me, which is lovely! I've also been taking off Fridays as often as possible.

• Hi everyone! Very happy but in total disbelief that I'm finally in the 3rd trimester. I'm 28 + 1 today. My little boy is due the 18th of October. My husband and I were just talking about how a year ago we were just starting on our IVF journey and how amazing it feels to be getting closer to meeting our LO.  <3

Really excited to have graduated to this board! 

• @Morningstar80 welcome to the third trimester!!

hows everyone else doing? I had my 37 week appt today and my cervix is softening but no dilation yet so looks like baby plans to keep cooking!! I have been soooo uncomfortable at night I cannot find a single sleeping position where my belly does not ache! 
  • Yay for a cooking baby, @katie121209!  I had an uneventful appt this past week for 30weeks so I guess everything is status quo.  I think the babies have it in for us on the sleep thing.  I will finally find a comfortable position, and then I start getting the kicks.  I try ignoring him, but it's hard to fall asleep to something punching/kicking. The whole full bladder feeling has started again so I'm up a few times to use the bathroom.  I was excited this morning that I slept in until 8:30. :)