March 2017 Moms

5 weeks

I am 5 weeks pregnant. I had symptoms and now they seem to be going away. This is my first pregnancy after a miscarriage and I am freaking out. I feel a heavy/fullness in my pelvic area. I don't know what to do. My first appt isn't until August 16 and I'm freaking out. Should I be worried only if I start bleeding? 

My current due date is 3-28-17

Re: 5 weeks

• Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited July 2016
    PGAL is so hard. With symptoms, I know many ladies who had terrible symptoms and still lost the baby and others who have no symptoms whatsoever and have a healthy pregnancy months later. I think the heavy fullness feeling is a positive symptom, not a bad one.

Try not to freak out, but I know that's silly to say. Symptoms can come and go. You may get morning sickness next week and be totally fine!

If you are comfortable with your doctor you can ask for 2 sets of betas to see if they are rising, but, if something has happened, I know you know there is nothing you can do.

Thoughts and prayers for you though! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • @Knottie058503 I am also 5 weeks and PGAL. My EDD is 3-31-17. I am experiencing the same anxiety as you. I have had nausea and feel mild cramping daily but compared to last pregnancy, my symptoms have been much weaker.. 

Every time I go to the bathroom I check for bleeding because I'm so scared. 

My doc has ordered another beta hCG test at 6 weeks (I took my first hCG at 3 w, 6 days and my level was 22.5). I can't wait to see if my hCG levels are progressing correctly and then have u/s on Aug 23. 

Hang in there, I will be praying for you and myself! 
  • It's very normal for symptoms to come and go though I know that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker