April 2016 Moms
Options

Cleaning products?

Have any of you changed the cleaning products you use around the house, to more baby-friendly stuff? I have used cleaning vinegar on the floor a few times, and holy jeez that shiz smells awful for hours. Plus I'm not convinced I'm really disinfecting floors that 3 dogs have been trekking all over.

What are you guys doing for your LO's? Sticking to regular stuff? Any secrets to share?

Re: Cleaning products?

• Options
    MrsZkoMrsZko member
    I mostly use Norwex cleaning products. I have since before I got pregnant with my first and have stuck to it since it cleans well and I feel safe using them with kids and pets!
  • Options
    I use bleach cleaner... I use vinegar and backing soda in the bath tub. I haven't really changed anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I make most of my own cleaning products, so haven't changed anything. 
  • Options
    I literally use vinegar for everything, and Mrs Meyers. Been doing that since before I was pregnant though.
  • Options
    I make my all purpose cleaner using lemon peels, vinegar and rosemary. I take a mason jar and fill it with lemon peels. I put a couple sprigs of rosemary and enough vinegar to fill the jar. I leave the concoction to brew for two weeks to a month. This smells more like lemon than vinegar. For the floors I like a soap cleaner. Marseilles soap is what is readily available here. I think it's similar to the Dr. Bronner's Castille soap which I also like. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I didn't state why I like bleach. It's one of the few known cleaners that kill norovirus and other nasty viruses. Lysol is the only other one that can do this. All natural cleaners can not kill those bugs.
  • Options
    I use vinegar to clean my humidifier and that makes my kitchen stink for hours. I've never used vinegar to clean my floors. Does it work well?

Confession here, I don't clean my floors as much as I probably should.....I vacuum a lot (couple times a week) and I swiffer maybe once a week. Real, full-on mopping, I use Murphy's Oil Soap maybe once a month?

We don't have pets and we have hardwood (no carpet). Maybe I'm just gross?
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    I use vinegar to clean my humidifier and that makes my kitchen stink for hours. I've never used vinegar to clean my floors. Does it work well?

Confession here, I don't clean my floors as much as I probably should.....I vacuum a lot (couple times a week) and I swiffer maybe once a week. Real, full-on mopping, I use Murphy's Oil Soap maybe once a month?

We have all hardwood too. I rarely mop either. I typically clean my floors by spraying my multipurpose cleaner (citrus Dr. Bronner's liquid Castile soap, tea tree, grapefruit and lemon EOs and water) vigorously all over and then wiping down with a rag. Lazy, but it's fast and it works. 
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

We have all hardwood too. I rarely mop either. I typically clean my floors by spraying my multipurpose cleaner (citrus Dr. Bronner's liquid Castile soap, tea tree, grapefruit and lemon EOs and water) vigorously all over and then wiping down with a rag. Lazy, but it's fast and it works. 
    I haven't mopped my floors in like five months so I'm definitely winning the gross/lazy game.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

They sell a specific "cleaning vinegar" that is supposed to stink less (it doesn't). It works decently but I can't say that I'll buy it again upon running out. 

@ladylolly89 your cleaner sounds like it smells amazing.