Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Post baby belly issues

I know this is more of a board for the babies but any mamas out there unable to drop those bellies? I was super fit before I was pregnant and the last 10 weeks I gave up and in and just let myself go. Because of the breastfeeding I haven't had an opportunity to hit the gym or the pavement but I have been eating super healthy. What's the deal, I went from a size 7 to a size 14 and my LO is already 6 months. Any advice? 

Re: Post baby belly issues

• Vets1Vets1 member
    No advice but I wish I had the answer! 
  • Just eating healthy isn't enough. You should be working out too. How does breastfeeding get in the way of working out???
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still working on losing mine.  I gained 70 lbs with pregnancy. I was super fit before and very active.  I teach aerobics as a side job and did my entire pregnancy and yet I still gained 70 ugh.  I've lost about 40 so far and am still working.  I went back to teaching my class 8 weeks pp.   I think eating healthy and exercising are key.  Can't do one without the other.  I definitely think it takes time.  I was hoping to lose it quicker cuz I hate not being back in my clothes but I know slow loss is better in long run. Keep at it! 
  • I've had some friends tell me 6 months was hard and 9 months is when the belly started budging. Hang in there!
  • failuretoflyfailuretofly member
    edited July 2016
    I find sometimes I think I'm eating 'healthy' then I actually take a long hard look at what I'm eating and it's not as great as I thought it was. Maybe try tracking your food for a few days, and be honest with yourself. I love MyFitnessPal because it breaks down all the macros and nutrients for you. 
    If you're having a hard time exercising, maybe just try walking with LO in the stroller. That's all I have been doing for cardio and I'm back to pre-preg weight at 6 mos pp (gained 35 with pregnancy)
    ETA 
    have you checked yourself for a diastasis recti? Could also contribute to a larger looking tummy. 
    Here's a video how:
    https://www.pregnancyexercise.co.nz/how-to-test-for-diastasis-recti-new-september-2014/
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • BestmomideasBestmomideas member
    edited August 2016
    You should be able to go to the gym even if you are breastfeeding. I was back in the gym right after my 6 week check up. It has definitely helped get rid of the weight and tighten up my core muscles. It won't reduce your milk supply as long as you drink plenty of water while you work out and throughout the day. My little one is 9 months old and still nursing.