November 2016 Moms

Re: Symptoms Check In - Week of 7/25/16

• No glowing here. Last night I had the heartburn from hell, and a stuffy sinus (felt like fluid built up between my ear and nose) all while trying to sleep. I never really drifted off to sleep. 

BH have kicked in full force and remind me to slow down, especially in this heat. 
  • Tremendous carpal tunnel. Swollen left foot all the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • The worst is the sleep issues. Hubby felt horrible for me, knowing that I had been getting up 4+ times a night to pee, and that I had a very hard time falling asleep. We managed to arrange our pillows in a way that basically has me in a nest. It blocks cuddles a bit, but it means I can actually sleep again.

Also, lots of movement. Not just kicks or punches, but bigger, fuller movements. I felt arms and legs and who knows what else shift into different positions for at least 20 minutes last night.

I still can't stand the smell of seafood.

The walk up to our second floor apartment is becoming a workout. I am actually getting winded walking up the stairs. Our new place will also be second floor. This will be fun.

If by "glowing" people mean "sweaty and acne-faced", I am positively radiant.
    BFP #1 7/3/2014, MMC discovered 7/16/2014
    BFP#2 3/7/2016, EDD 11/19/2016 (It's a boy! Excited to meet little Anthony!)

Loading Ticker

• Every time I eat something or drink something other than water my heart starts to race and I get short of breath. This lasts for about 20-30 minutes after, so that's fun.

I'm also having a hard time getting comfortable at night. Last night I just felt so FULL and no matter how I positioned myself my belly was just achy and sore. My mom told me to stop complaining and to enjoy it... Yeah. Okay mom. 
  • I'm 25 weeks. I've been having a lot of shortness of breath walking from like the car to the door of the grocery store. I've also been having a little dizziness if I get up too quick. 
  • My lower back has started to hurt. I have bought a foot stool for my desk at work and I have a sweatshirt rolled up like a pillow for my chair. Trying to stay positive. I'm at 22 weeks today!
  • My right eye has been constantly twitching, am I the only one with this problem?? I know it's not from  lack of sleep because I get plenty. My doctor told me to drink tonic water, but it hasn't helped. 

Oh, and the heartburn, but I can't seen to stay away from spicy foods, so it is my fault.
  • So last night I woke up 3 am with such a burning sensation in my stomach. I would get up and poop and get back in bed and try to sleep through the pain. 8 am I got up again. Once again went to the bathroom. This time the burning went away but I did something to my right side. I can't walk, sit up, move or take deep breaths since the pain is so bad. I have no idea what I did. Anyone else have this happen previously? How long did it take to get better? 
  • I still have terrible rib pain on my right side - both in the front and in my back. My muscles are so tight and sore! I wish I could have a massage every day. I also woke up in the middle of the night last night on my back and my whole left leg was asleep. I miss back and stomach sleeping! 
  • My right eye has been constantly twitching, am I the only one with this problem?? I know it's not from  lack of sleep because I get plenty. My doctor told me to drink tonic water, but it hasn't helped. 
    I can relate! Mine isn't in my eye, it's in my right inner ear of all places but it twitches for a good hour to two hours straight every day. And because it's inside I can hear the muscle spasming, so I've got my very own club beat dropping all the time haha
  • Never mind. Thought I pulled all the muscles in my side. Turns out it was appendicitis and it was leaking and I went into emergency surgery yesterday. Take care of yourself and trust your inatincts fellow mamas! 
  • kristah2 said:
    Never mind. Thought I pulled all the muscles in my side. Turns out it was appendicitis and it was leaking and I went into emergency surgery yesterday. Take care of yourself and trust your inatincts fellow mamas! 
    Whoa that's scary! Glad you're okay!
  • A while back I had a tiny drop of clear liquid come out one boob but last night and this morning I legit started lactating a little. I'm 23 1/2 weeks and was NOT expecting it to start this early! I always heard it was in the weeks to days before giving birth. Also wasn't expecting it to be YELLOW like mustard instead of yellow-ish clear but the internet says that's normal. My husband thinks it's funny and amazing but I was seriously grossed out. Should I start wearing nursing pads or is this kind of thing sporadic until nursing?
  • @kristah2  Yikes, glad to hear they caught it and you're doing well now!

BabyFruit Ticker