January 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 7/27

What's new with baby?

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby?

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid?(stole from Tuesday)
BabyGaga
DS1 - 03/31/2006
DS2 - 12/31/2008
DS3 - 06/26/2012
DS4 - 08/07/2014

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 7/27

• Options
    What's new with baby?
    Week 16, baby is the size of an Avocado 
    Nope. Lol, been sick and busy with family in town so haven't worked on anything. Lots I should be doing though!
    I puked again this week, not sure what the deal is. I was "feeling better" then the last 3 weeks have thrown up a few times. I hadn't puked at all before then!
    Monday!
    GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid?
    Yeah, I was called Lissa as a kid. Instead of Melissa. But never did have anyone call me Mel. I see that a lot with other Melissa's.
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    What's new with baby?
    Baby is 17 weeks today and the size of a pomegranate. I have an at-home fetal doppler and was finally able to find the heartbeat loud and clear within a few seconds of trying. It used to take me several minutes to find it and it was always so faint (I'm plus sized).  
    The invitations for the gender reveal were mailed out and we've started selecting things for our registry.
    People at work have been making comments that I'm not gaining any weight. They're right, I haven't but all of the growth is going to my belly. I try not to let the comments bother me because my dr said that my pregnancy is going great.
    July 29th for a general office visit.
    My nickname as a kid is the same as it is now, Raffy short for Rafaela. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What's new with baby?
    Not a whole lot this week as I'm 17 weeks. So just gaining weight this week yay!
    No. I'm in a holding pattern until the anatomy scan.
    I revealed my name choices and now everyone has a say in what we name our baby, Pretty sure the last time I checked it's our baby and not everyone else's. Since when does someone else have a say in what we name our child???
    August 10th for the anatomy scan. Get to find out the gender!!!!

No nickname during childhood but I had one in basic training and I was 17 so maybe that counts? It was Cheeseburger. Now let me explain. I had basic down in South Carolina. I was the only person from Wisconsin and my maiden name resembled hamburger. Thus Cheeseburger was born. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    What's new with baby?
    16 weeks, baby is the size of an avocado. 
    Yes.  We found out the sex (girl!).  We were going to do a fun gender reveal but my son let slip to grandma that mommy has a girl baby in her tummy, so we just sort of casually told people.  I started buying clothes, since though I saved gear from my son, I didn't save too many clothes.  Next step is converting the guest room to a nursery.
    I've been feeling pretty good, though I still go to bed at like 9:30.  I've been feeling occasional movement, but it's just little feather-light touches at this point.  The bump is out of control, especially after lunchtime. 
    August 8th.  It's just a regular office visit, but I suspect we will begin scheduling fun things like ultrasounds and glucose tests soon.
    Technically I go by a nickname all the time (Susy).  I got a lot of 'Susy-Q' as a kid but no nick in particular.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @streulim that is part of the reason why we aren't revealing names until the baby shower. And I love you nickname! LOL!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I truly do not understand why some people are so opinionated on what others name their baby! Obviously you can have your opinion and share it with like your significant other, but for Pete's sake the only thing you should say to the parents is "oh cool!" or "that's a great name" or "I like it!" or something along those lines. 

My MIL still talks non stop about how much she hates our girl name...ugh!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options

What's new with baby? 17 weeks, size of a pomegranate! I know it's growing quickly in there so I'm hoping to feel more definitive movement soon!

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby? I mentioned this elsewhere but, I got baby's bedding this week and we picked up the crib from a friend! Also, DH is working on refinishing the toy box I had as a little girl.

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms: Symptoms: Lingering morning sickness, resigning myself to be on the Zofran for the long hall, just some general aches, and a serious need for regular snacks. If I get overly hunger I feel like death, hands start shaking, I get lightheaded. Also more of this hip pain. Mini-rant: The nurse practitioner I saw at the OB's this week seemed very short and irritated this week. I feel like if I hadn't had questions she would have stayed in the room 30 seconds. And then, when I was asking things, she seemed like she was barely avoiding rolling her eyes. She completely blew off my hip pain which, as luck would have it, took a dramatic turn for the worst this morning. Shooting pain in my hip down one leg. It's not unbearable or anything until it 'catches' but I am thinking of giving my chiropractor a visit. Wondering if it's a pinched nerve or some kind of pregnancy sciatica?

On a positive note, I am excited to be at 17 weeks. Finally feeling like I'm getting a decent way into this journey! Got my eye on that 20 week halfway mark!!

When's your next appointment? We go in for our anatomy scan on August 16th! We will see if we can maintain our Team Green resolve.

GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid?(stole from Tuesday) My dad always called all of us Monkey-Butt when we were little.

• Options
    What's new with baby?
    14 weeks. Seems like a long wait until next appointment and anatomy scan to figure out what's happening in there. 

Nope. 

I felt pretty good today. I have still been battling morning sickness/all-day nausea most days. I also feel like I'm eating all the time because I feel even worse when I don't eat than when I did. I haven't been as exhausted the last few days, and I even stayed up until 10 pm a few nights. That's big time around here. 

Aug. 15 for OB. I need to call and reschedule though because I learned this week that it's meet the teacher night at my school, and I won't be back from my appointment in time. 

My dad called me Pumpkin or my family called my Sis, but nothing that stuck long term. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I also don't understand why anyone else would think they had any say so in the naming process. I don't have any names that I'm leaning toward right now as "the name," but after hearing these stories, we may wait until after the baby is born to announce. People can't give suggestions or try to change your mind when it's already on the birth certificate. 
  • Options
    What's new with baby?
    16 weeks! The size of this strange creature . 
    No not really.  The focus is still on the toddler and her many transitions right now. The toddler bed transition has bed a nightmare. She hasn't napped in 6 days and I'm losing my mind. I'm also working on weaning her. 
    I can definitely feel baby moving around in there. I can tell nausea is easing off but yesterday I gagged several times. Haven't thrown up in almost a week! 
    I had one on Monday so my next one isn't until August 17 for the anatomy scan. 
    not really. my name is Amy so I get a lot of amo and amers and ames. 
  • Options
    What's new with baby?
    Baby is 17wks and the size of a pomegranate! Grow baby grow! 

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby? We started ordering baby things (Prime Day on Amazon was great) and we'll probably start cleaning out the spare room this weekend. 

I have a bladder infection. It hurt so bad that I thought I was miscarrying so I went to the doctor and that's all it is. The pain is ridiculous. 

August 18th for an anatomy scan! We're team green so hopefully they don't give anything away or that our baby is an exhibitionist. 

Everyone called me Morgy through school and then started calling me Momo later on. 
    Me: 27, DH: 32
    Together: 1/24/11
    Married: 10/11/14
    BFP: 4/26/2016
    EDD: 1/4/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Coming in late, but will try to keep up weekly!

What's new with baby?
    Feeling like I'm starting to show a little this week.  Not much, but it's kinda cool.

Tax-free weekend is going on now so I went out and bought 2 pair of maternity jeans.  I don't really need them yet, but I figure why not be prepared.  

My symptoms have remained the same the majority of the pregnancy.  Tired (although that's letting up a bit), hungry, and constipated.  

This Monday because I was in the hospital with pneumonia after my last prenatal check and my doc wants to follow up and make sure I'm ok.  Next big one is August 29 for the anatomy scan!

GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid?(stole from Tuesday) 
    Not really.  My mom's friends called me Sara-Bob when I was little.  They were always a bunch of weirdos.  haha
    IAmPregnant Ticker