February 2017 Moms

F17 Book Club Poll

2»

Re: F17 Book Club Poll

• Partyof6? said:
    I just went to put it on hold at the library, but I owe $10 in fines, lol.  I need to pay up before I can even request.  :::hangs head in shame:::
    I'm at $4.60 right now lol we have until $5 before we get cut off. It's hard keeping track of my stuff and my kids, I think we have 18 items currently checked out! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also agree on starting the poll for the next book next week. I just tried to put a hold on all the missing girls at the library and I'm 170th. Doesn't look like I'll be joining in the fun this month lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I need to book meow!!! I'm so worried I won't have time to read it. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Sounds good. I'm excited to read this!
  • Ive ordered the book yesterday but not sure when it will arrive so might miss out on the furst discussion but will catch up
  • Might I suggest that whichever book is #2 in the poll is next month's book? That way, the ladies using library holds can go ahead and get that on order.
    Yes! Selfishly, I really want to read the book currently in second ;-)
  • H broke my kindle  :'(
  • @MommaBean how did that even happen? Did he step on it?
  • @PerraSucia basically. I think he laid down on it in bed or something. So KINDA my fault for leaving it in the bed, if you want to be technical  :# 
  • @MommaBean you probably know this but if you have an iPhone you should be able to access your kindle books on the kindle app. Not ideal I know. 
  • Thanks, @amotz777. I didn't, actually! Lol
  • @MommaBean Also if you have a tablet (android or iPad) you can download the kindle that to that to read.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loving this book so far! I'm wondering if we could decide on the first stopping point today. It seems like the kind of thing that will be tough to discuss without spoiling if you get ahead. 
  • That stinks @MommaBean! I keep mine under my pillow and i've never had any issues though it is in a case. 

Sadly I've already spent too much on books this month and there are a million holds already on this book at the library so I'll join in next month. It might be a good idea to pick books a couple of months in advance that way people have the option of getting the book through the library or ordering used on amazon which is usually cheaper but shipping takes a bit longer. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I just got mine today and will be starting ASAP! 
  • Loving this book so far! I'm wondering if we could decide on the first stopping point today. It seems like the kind of thing that will be tough to discuss without spoiling if you get ahead. 
    I agree!! I'm already 17% in so I need a stopping point lol. It's good!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    I agree!! I'm already 17% in so I need a stopping point lol. It's good!
    Yes! What is the decided stopping point for week 1? 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• I probably won't stop. Just saying....
  • I'm at 28% now oops. So I probably won't stop either :grimace: 
  • Alright let's just all not stop. Solid plan. 
  • Maybe we can do chapter discussions. I mean, not per chapter but each chunk has its own thread where people can pop in to discuss once completed? 
  • Did people decide to go with the #2 book on the poll for next month? If so I'll check it's status at library and stick a hold on it. I'm still #9 for this book, you'll all be done reading it before it comes in lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 you should read it anyway. It's good!

I'm good with using #2 for next month but didn't see too many other opinions about it and don't want to go making all the decisions around here.  Others, weigh in!
  • Was inferno #2? I'm for it.

• A) loving this book, and I told myself I can read it while I walk, and it's totally encouraging me to walk more. I am all for not stopping, but agree we should have threads based on certain chunks so you can expect spoilers if you haven't read. 

B) I'm down for inferno for #2...I think I've read it once, but if I don't 100% remember, it's a good excuse to read it again!
  • @Patience7150 are you reading while walking on a treadmill or walking outside? 
    Please please please don't read while walking outside.  I'm not a clumsy person at all and couple weeks ago I tripped, fell, broke my nose and got a concussion. In fact, before this incident, I had never fallen in my life before and never even broke a bone.  
    I don't mean to scare you but just wanted to warn you. 

• Omgggg I had given up participating in a fit of pique bc my Kindle broke, I've spent way too much money on stuff for the house lately, I was millionth on the library list, poor me, etc.  

Just got an email from the library that the book is waiting for me! Gonna get it shortly and try to catch up... :)
  • @AfKash that is terrible!!! I am reading while walking outside. Thanks for the warning...even though I'll probably still just keep doing it :-) I live in the middle of nowhere so a treadmill isn't really an option. 
  • @Patience7150 ok. Good luck!  Thanks for being honest about it, btw! 

• I'm such a slacker! I'm only a little ways in but like it so far! Hoping to actually be able to get on the elliptical and read now that I am feeling a little better. 
  • Finished it today. Such a good book!! Anyone else?
    Lol I'm still on the waiting list
    Pregnancy Ticker
    I just did. 
  • I'm also on the wait list and trying to be patient. 

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
    I did yesterday. 
    I did yesterday. 
    Finished!! 
  • Who is running this? @Xstatic3333? Maybe we should make a post to see who is done and who is still reading so we know when we can start discussing??
  • Or we can just go ahead and start one? With big spoiler alert haha
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    edited August 2016
    I'm not running this-it's a group effort! For data I'm about halfway through. I'm a bad mid-week reader. 
  • Okay just didn't want to step on any toes!