May 2016 Moms

Projectile vomit daily

Baby boy seems to projectile vomit once or twice a day. Usually because of hiccups. I burp him for at least 10 mins and keep him upright for 30mins. I know when it's coming because he gets soo figidty and stiffens up his back. I feel so bad. It's a LOT of vomit. Like, binge-drinking-tequila days, vomit. Anyone else? Reflux? He's breastfed.

Re: Projectile vomit daily

• My daughter is 10 weeks old and went through something similar about 6 weeks ago. 
    She was vomiting the entire contents of her stomach a few time in a 24 hours period. It wasn't projectile but it definitely had force behind it. 

We Found out it was due to overeating. We were told to feed in smaller increments and burp her in between. She's breastfed so it was not easy in the beginning but now it's just part of her eating routine. The nurse also said if she gets hiccups after she's eaten and hasn't burped yet then she's likely to vomit if she's eaten a little to much. Hopefully that's all helpful. Could be something else but that was my experience. 
  • slfezzslfezz member
    My LO is a happy spitter so I deal with all kinds of spit up and vomit all day everyday. Our ped isn't worried about it since she is still gaining weight and it doesn't make her very upset.

Do you have a hard/fast letdown? I find I don't take my LO off when I letdown, her spit up gets a lot worse since she sucks in a lot of air trying to keep up with the flow. Other than that I always try to have a burp rag handy to catch what comes up (pre fold cloth diapers are the best for this). 
  • Loading the player...
  • If he is acting uncomfortable because of it, it very well could be reflux. I'd mention it to your doctor.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I do have an extremely powerful letdown that i also have to catch in a toweltowel at every feeding. He seems very uncomfortable and squirmy before the vomit happens, no crying though. But then it shoots out of nowhere, i mean like a faucet, then he usually passes out. Never ever cries during or after the vomit  (my 1st would have screamed from being scared).