February 2017 Moms

Fl and new zika cases

Just saw this on the news. 

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/health/florida-zika-cases/

I am soo happy I decided to go to disneyland this year instead of disneyworld. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks

Re: Fl and new zika cases

• I live in FL and while it's terrifying to think this is possibly spreading here, they still haven't ruled out sexual transmission. Also, Disney World is 230+ miles away from Miami and close to 200 miles away from Broward County. Just saying. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• My OB has advised I not travel to FL or LA for the full term of my pregnancy. I travel a lot for work, so I was worried about this, but she provided a doctor's note and my employer was understanding. It's becoming a big concern! 
  • Loading the player...
  • The article I read about the first case said the person who was infected was the nurse of someone who picked up the virus out of the country. It didn't say how she got it though.We'll be in Florida in about a week and a half but we'll be on the opposite side of the state. My mom is more nervous than I am. I am bringing a ton of bug spray.
  • My OB also advised me not to travel to Florida, before the new possibly domestic cases. To those in FL, bug spray and cover up! 

• My husband is terrified about this. We are in TX but he is so worried about it.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• My friend told me at dinner last night (4 seconds after I told her I was pregnant), that she "didn't want to freak me out" but her doctor said to wait to get pregnant until after it's consistently 50 degrees...
  • amotz777 said:
    My friend told me at dinner last night (4 seconds after I told her I was pregnant), that she "didn't want to freak me out" but her doctor said to wait to get pregnant until after it's consistently 50 degrees...
    Your friend is a twatwaffle 
    Ditto. And uhm, where I am (northern Indiana) you pretty much are guaranteed to be in mosquito season at some point during your pregnancy. Unless you live... In the Yukon?

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• blush64blush64 member
    edited July 2016
    amotz777 said:
    My friend told me at dinner last night (4 seconds after I told her I was pregnant), that she "didn't want to freak me out" but her doctor said to wait to get pregnant until after it's consistently 50 degrees...
    Ditto. And uhm, where I am (northern Indiana) you pretty much are guaranteed to be in mosquito season at some point during your pregnancy. Unless you live... In the Yukon?
    Nope. You will still find mosquitos there, if it is the Yukon I am thinking of. (Probably not the right kind and they aren't active as long)

Edit
  • the type of mosquito that carries zika isn't everywhere in the usa. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Yeah, we live in Fl... while I'm not traipsing off into any swamps, I'm also not losing sleep over it. It's pretty common in FL for the cities to spray for mosquitoes, and we always take standing water precautions. If we do end up with any long term outdoor activities (not happening any time soon, thanks MS), we'll bug spray up and avoid peak mosquito times.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • PerraSucia said:
    Uh yeah. No kidding. I couldn't believe she said that. And we live in Missouri. I'm surprised our state bird isn't a flipping mosquito. 
  • you guys know it's not just any mosquito, right? has to be a certain kind found in "tropical" areas. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • There are two types of mosquitoes that are thou

• If you're worried about Zika, get educated about the Aedes aegypti mosquito. It is active at different times of day than most mosquitos, and more active in human-occupied areas than natural. Precautions will be different from those you'd take to merely avoid bites. 
  • Why does TB keep eating responses? There are two types of mosquitoes thought to transmit Zika, Aedes Aegypti and Aedes Aldopictus, which can be found all through the southern US, all the way up to Maine.  Not that there will be Zika outbreaks all over, but the risk for an isolated outbreak exists anywhere these mosquitoes are present.  Not that everyone should panic, but the take away for me is to be aware and take precautions by way of bug spray.  And I have to say, I am limiting my time outside. Can't wait for fall!

• @cinderin I am aware of it and that's why I haven't been worried. Those kind of mosquitos don't live where I am. I know they have been studying if the mosquitos that do live here could eventually be carriers. We have about 67 species of mosquitos, some are not native to Ontario.

I still use deet because I still don't want a mosquito bite. 
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    edited July 2016
    @laurenmichael725 some good news is that aegypti does not go all the way to Maine. I think they cut it off at Long Island, but it's extremely rare even at that point. Albopictus is much wider ranging, but other Aedes-vectored diseases like Yellow Fever and Dengue have not spread to Albopictus-only areas. Hopefully Zika will follow suit. 
  • One thing I learned straight from an entomologist about the Aedes Aegypti is that it prefers to breed in man-made containers (weird, right?).  So make sure you clear out any standing water around your home - check your gutters, planters, outdoor furniture, etc. any time it rains, and dry them out thoroughly.
  • So guess what girl is going to Flordia in September to Disney....this one! Wish me luck! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yeah - we're worried about moving to TX - but bug spray and inside as much as possible until it starts to cool down. I think DH is more concerned than I am and that is weird because I'm the worrier in the relationship. Apparently the mosquito is active more during the day but that doesn't mean it isn't active at night too - just less... so opposite circadian rhythm pattern I suppose

---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• With the new Zika cases being reported in south Florida, I asked my boss about transferring me to a different office. My current office is less than 10 miles from the current "outbreak" site where 24 cases have been reported.  

I'd rather work at the other office anyway, it's much closer to my house. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • catiecatp said:
    Yeah - we're worried about moving to TX - but bug spray and inside as much as possible until it starts to cool down. I think DH is more concerned than I am and that is weird because I'm the worrier in the relationship. Apparently the mosquito is active more during the day but that doesn't mean it isn't active at night too - just less... so opposite circadian rhythm pattern I suppose

To be honest, I've lived in TX a majority of my life and I feel like I've been bitten more often at night than during the day...
  • catiecatp said:
    Yeah - we're worried about moving to TX - but bug spray and inside as much as possible until it starts to cool down. I think DH is more concerned than I am and that is weird because I'm the worrier in the relationship. Apparently the mosquito is active more during the day but that doesn't mean it isn't active at night too - just less... so opposite circadian rhythm pattern I suppose

To be honest, I've lived in TX a majority of my life and I feel like I've been bitten more often at night than during the day...
    I've lived in Texas my whole life also and I don't feel like the mosquitos are bad until dawn or so. It's too hot to go outside during the day anyways!! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!