August 2016 Moms
Options

TMI discussion? Bloody show

For the mommas who already had their babies, did any of you experience the bloody show (not just mucus plug) and how soon was labor after?

The show was strong for me this morning.. The entire mucus was blood, not just streaks. I know this is more promising than just losing the mucus plug l, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as there is nothing else going on today! The girls seem a LOT less active than normal and wondering if that should be concerning.. 
-you think I'd be a pro at this but even the third time around there are questions! 

Re: TMI discussion? Bloody show

• Options
    Not personal experience, but Ive heard this is the one true sign that labor is within 24 hours! 

• Options
    @ThisisNumber3 that would be so amazing!! I really don't want to get too excited but dang it's hard not to! I'm trying to convince myself that I still have 10 days left (that's when I'll be induced)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD I lost my mucus plug (which was a pink chunk of mucus) at 1am and started having real contractions around 5pm that day. With DS I was already having contractions and went to the bathroom & there was blood. Not a ton but I'm assuming that was what is considered bloody show. That was at 5:30am and DS was born at 11:53am that day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    cm716cm716 member
    I saw my bloody show, not mucus plug, the actual thing in the morning and went into labor later that night.
  • Options
    Good luck, @megframe16

With my DD, I lost my mucus plug. Then a few days later, my water broke and bloody show followed it along with lots of stomach "troubles". Just my experience. 

Hope those girls make their appearance soon!
  • Options
    Everyone's experience makes me hopeful that it's just around the corner! They weren't moving much so I called and they sent me in for monitoring. Everything is looking good so far though! Worst case is I'll be induced in 9 days! Really hoping to avoid that though. Thanks for all the feedback!
  • Options
    So if you do have bloody show, is it like a one time gush of blood?  See it on toilet paper after you use the bathroom?  See it in the toilet?  Or does it bleed like a period for a long time?  

Sorry...bloody show ignorant over here :)
  • Options
    @Sunnyn75 for me it mostly all came out at once. I used the rest room and wiped and could feel it was different so I check and it was a glob of bloody mucus. (Too much detail?) except mine was all red and not just streaks. I had very very minimum bloody discharge after that.