March 2017 Moms
Options

Low HCG Levels

My doctor's office just called and said that my HCG levels were low but everything else looks fine. So, I have to go have more blood drawn after work today. Being a FTM I am absolutely terrified. Although, the nurse told me at my confirmation appt that I was 6 weeks with a due date of 03/20/2017. That was on 7/19. Does that sound like it adds up? I thought I was only 5 weeks at that time...which would make sense as to why the levels were lower than expected. 

Thanks for any input! 
Me: 24 DH: 27
High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
Married: 10/13/13
Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Low HCG Levels

• Options
    Do you know what your level was? Do you chart? Is there any way you ovulated later?
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Options
    They didn't say what it was, just that it was lower than they expected. My last few cycles have been around 38 days so I definitely ovulate late. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on 6/28 judging by CM and OPK's. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you ovulate "late," and they calculate from lmp, your levels would look low. They will check to make sure that your levels are doubling. As long as the rate of rise is good, don't worry about the initial number. Good luck!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @longliveregina that's kind of what I'm thinking too. Thank you! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What's more important to remember too is that the levels double, not so much the numbers themselves. FX for you!
  • Options
    @Scarlett830 Thank you! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing OctoberLove! Keep me updated on here! Not getting mine redrawn until Wednesday unfortunately :( My uncle who is an er doctor though told me it's nothing to worry about unless my HCG doesn't double after the repeat! Praying girlie!!! Hang in there!

• Options
    Just realized you are due around the same day as me!!!!

• Options
    I would ask the number. I did and found out mine was in the normal range but just on the lowish side of normal which kinda put my mind at ease. Had to look that up online though to figure that out though.

• Options
    @allie92089 they did the redraw today so I'm hoping to get answers soon.  It's kind of nice, but also scary, to have someone going through the same thing. Fingers crossed for both of us!!
    Hoping and praying that we'll both have happy, healthy, mid-March babies!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am due 3/21 and am 6 weeks today, so it sounds like their calculations are off by a week. I hope you get clearer results today!
  • Options
    @photomom916 that's exactly what I'm thinking! Thank you :) just waiting on them to call me. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @photomom916 I am due March 21st as well! Congrats!
    @OctoberLove13 I hope my results come back as fast as yours! Did they stat it or anything to get the results faster?

• Options
    @allie92089 I hope so too. Having to wait for results is excruciating. I don't think they had to do anything special for my results. I do know that the lab is on the first floor of the same building so I'm sure that helps in getting the results back sooner. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @OctoberLove13 Oh yeah that's nice! They have to send mine away to god knows where! I really am feeling more at peace with it though hearing how common it is to have a "low" hcg and go on to having a perfectly normal baby! My blood draw is tomorrow at 11:10 so just keep me and baby in your prayers!

• Options
    Mine were low too but doubling normally so the doctor said not to worry. Hope she's right for all of us. I hate all this waiting!!!
  • Options
    I think I'll be a little relief once I hear they are doubling and TOTAL relief after my first ultrasound August 16. 19 (almost 18) days left. UGH!!!!

• Options
    @allie92089 hearing that your levels are "good" is a definite relief! My fingers are still crossed for you! And uggghhh it seems so far away. My appointment is 1 day before yours. I honestly can't imagine how women 20+ years ago waited so long. My MIL never had an ultrasound the entire time she was pregnant with my husband. Of course, the technology now is so much better. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @allie92089 that's great news!! Congrats! I hate that we had to be worried but so glad that we're okay

Pregnancy Ticker